Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seeing the news about Black and White 2 coming out, I am seeing an outcry from fantards crying about them not making Pokemon Grey. I'm seeing responses from fans saying "they're shocked that Grey wasn't made" or "They already made 2 games, why make moar!!!". What is so great about Grey version that fans are in a rage? Was this game supposed to give you free cake and ice cream every time you turned the game on or what? I am not seeing any good reason why Grey is so amazing that Black and White 2 shouldn't warrant an existence besides nerdrage.
They're just bitching because they hate change.

This is the first time in pokemon history they're making direct sequels.

GameFreak broke the chain of having a third wheel game, and instead gave us sequels.

Timid Generator

People b***h about everything. If they made Gray, people would b***h about how predictable it was.
Maffiline

GameFreak broke the chain of having a third wheel game, and instead gave us sequels.

I think you're wrong. Gold and Silver were sequels to Red and Blue.
TommyStinson
Maffiline

I think you're wrong. Gold and Silver were sequels to Red and Blue.

Those weren't direct though.
If you wish to believe that, be my guest. But I'd like to see proof.

By direct, I mean it literally continues from previous. Which is what Black and White 2 will be doing since they are, "direct sequels"

Bashful Browser

Luna the PokeNerd
People b***h about everything. If they made Gray, people would b***h about how predictable it was.
User Image

"This a million times. No one is ever going to be happy, but when someone calls them self a 'fan' and then bitches, is when I get annoyed."

Timid Generator

Angelic M Plus
Luna the PokeNerd
User Image

"This a million times. No one is ever going to be happy, but when someone calls them self a 'fan' and then bitches, is when I get annoyed."

I think people need to stop taking a game so seriously. I'm not going to start whining about how it's been 'ruined' or anything like that. It's a game. People need to enjoy it.
Maffiline

By direct, I mean it literally continues from previous. Which is what Black and White 2 will be doing since they are, "direct sequels"

Gold and Silver do follow the events in Red and Blue. The effects of Red on Team Rocket and them trying to rebuild themselves 2 years after Red destroying them. I don't need the "proof" since it's all in the game.

If you're still denying Gold and Silver as sequels then be my guest, but I'd like to see proof.
TommyStinson
Maffiline

Gold and Silver do follow the events in Red and Blue. The effects of Red on Team Rocket and them trying to rebuild themselves 2 years after Red destroying them. I don't need the "proof" since it's all in the game.

If you're still denying Gold and Silver as sequels then be my guest, but I'd like to see proof.

What I meant, was that, those took place what, 10 years later? Everything was a giant mess.

These new games, are literally, direct sequels. As in, they take place right after, or a couple months later. There is too little known about the games to say how much long after the events in Black and White.

I'm not denying. I'm just saying they're not direct.

Alicetor Anbukage's Buttercup

Rainbow Explorer

I'm interested to see what will come of these game, if they end up being a "third wheel" game then I might wonder why they didn't just do gray.
but said a million times; we have no new information to go on.

3,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm actually glad that this happened, because "Pokemon Grey"...
Yeesh, it's like naming one of the games "Pokemon Brown".
It's also cool that there are two new games instead of one.

The only thing I would change, is I would name them "Pokemon Ebony & Ivory".

Draconian Lunatic

45,650 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
PKMN RK9
I'm interested to see what will come of these game, if they end up being a "third wheel" game then I might wonder why they didn't just do gray.

Because money.

Salty Pirate

9,975 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Divine Donator 100
User Image
I was expecting Pokemon Gray/Grey, but I was still going to buy it because of new availability of Pokemon.

BW 2 changes everything any third wheel game has because this is a sequel. Maybe more move tutors for more move availability will be present just like third wheel games (I'm hoping for this), but it's quite a change in course.

Alicetor Anbukage's Buttercup

Rainbow Explorer

VamJirachi
PKMN RK9

Because money.

nintendo doesn't care about money, just making us happy! emotion_awesome
I agree with the first reply in that people would b***h either way they went with this. I for one ACCEPT Black and White 2 because frankly I thought the name Pokemon Grey sounded horrible. Also that Kyurem/Zekrom thing looks badass

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff