Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
So, I decided the other day that I wanted to take a Nuzlocke challenge, though I figured I would go on one of my GBA games once I could clear it out. Then, the other day at gamestop, I found a used copy of HeartGold (the one game I didn't have) and so I bought it and here I am.

Here are the rules I'm playing by:

1 ) I may only catch the first Pokemon I come across in an area. If I already have one of that species or one of its evolutions, I may go with with next one and so on. This rule does not take effect until I can get Pokeballs. Roaming legendaries do not apply to this rule.

2 ) All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

3 ) No in-game trades. However gift Pokemon are acceptable. Trades may be done to evolve Pokemon but no trading for Pokemon.

4 ) If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released.

5 ) In case of Black Out, I may resort to Pokemon in my PC to continue my adventure.

6 ) If by some stroke of luck a shiny should appear, they are free game to catch but cannot be used in playing the game. The Red Garydos is an exception to this rule.

7 ) Wonder Card event Pokemon may be picked up but cannot be used in the game.

8 ) No Pokewalker.

~ Bug-Catching Contest:

1) I may only keep 1 Pokemon from the Bug-Catching Contest, but the first encounter rule does not apply.

2) The Bug-Catching Contest may be re-entered after keeping 1 Pokemon from it, for the sake of winning prizes. However, the winning Pokemon MUST be released immediately afterwards.

3) The death rule will not apply to the Bug-Catching Contest.

~ Safari Zone:

1) I may one catch 1 Pokemon in the Safari Zone as a whole. However the first encounter rule does not apply.

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
This shall be the current status of my game. I'll have my current team, the Pokemon in my PC, and my badges. There will also be a memorial for my fallen comrades.

Trainer Name: VERN
Trainer ID: 23945
Badges:
User Image
Playtime: 26:34

Team:

Miles (Feraligatr Male) - Lv. 40
Travis (Nidoking Male) - Lv. 43
Rezz (Crobat Female) - Lv. 31
Infinity (Eevee Male) - Lv. 5
Mika (Fearow Female) - Lv. 26
Henry (Sudowoodo Male) - Lv. 22

PC Pokemon:

Beeftips (Miltank Female) - Lv. 15
Spiegel (Togepi Male) - Lv. 1
Iso (Unown I) - Lv. 5
Gin (Ghastly Female) - Lv. 5
Lila (Hoppip Female) - Lv. 6
Rasputin (Metapod Male) - Lv. 6
Spyderbyte (Spinarak Male) - Lv. 11
Flo (Sunkern Female) - Lv. 12
Jerri (Scyther Female) - Lv. 13
Belle (Bellsprout Female) - Lv. 14
Camilla (Pidgey Female) - Lv. 13
Ducker (Farfetch'd Female) - Lv. 16
James (Koffing Male) - Lv. 14
Omar (Tentacool Male) - Lv. 22
Shoop (Slowpoke Male) - Lv. 7
Mana (Mantine Female) - Lv. 17
Shuckie (Shuckle Male) - Lv. 20
Bullox (Tauros Male) - Lv. 24
Cato (Goldeen Male) - Lv. 19
Katniss (Shiny Garydos Female) - Lv. 30
Peeta (Flaffy Male) - Lv. 16

R.I.P.:

Chrono (Hoothoot Female) - Lv. 3 - 11
- Found on Route 29
- Died in Violet City Gym
- Cause of Death: Tackle from Falkner's Pidgeotto

Zip (Raticate Male) - Lv. 3 - 28
- Found on Route 30
- Died on Route 47
- Cause of Death: Critical hit from Double Team Thom & Kae's Magmar's Flamethrower
- Additional Notes: Sweeped the entire Mahogany Gym

Rena (Sandshrew Female) - Lv. 6
- Found in Union Cave
- Died on Route 48
- Cause of Death: Pursuit by a wild Fearow
- Additional notes: Died in her very first battle while trying to switch out

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
This post chronicles the important events of my challenge, including story battles, Pokemon captures, and Pokemon deaths.

Year: 2011

February 7

VERN started his adventure.

Picked Totodile as my starter. Nicknamed him Miles.

Got the Mystery Egg and Pokedex.

Battled the Passerby Boy. Named him Vinny.

Lyra game me Pokeballs. Forced capture rule is now in effect.

Came back at night and found a Hoothoot at level 3 on Route 29. Named her Chrono.

Caught a Rattata at level 3 on Route 30. Named him Zip.

Caught a Spinarak at level 3 on Route 31. Named him Spyderbyte.

Caught a Zubat at level 3 in Dark Cave. Named her Rezz.

February 8

Caught a Bellsprout at level 6 on Route 32. Named it Belle.

Backtracked to Route 42 for a Geodude. Found a level 2 Spearow instead. Named it Mika.

Caught an Unown I at level 5 in the Ruins of Alph. Named it Iso.

Caught a Ghastly at level 5 in Sprout Tower. Named her Gin.

February 9

Earned the Zephyr Badge. Chrono fell in battle after taking down Falkner's Pidgey. We mourned her death.

Picked up the Egg from Elm's Assistant.

February 10

Caught a Sandshrew at level 6 in Union Cave. Named it Rena.

Drove Team Rocket out of Slowpoke Well.

Caught a Slowpoke at level 6 in Slowpoke Well. Named it Shoop.

Miles evolved into Croconaw

Caught a Hoppip at level 6 on Route 33. Named it Lila.

Togepi hatched from the egg. Named it Spiegel.

After a nice level-grinding session, I decimated Bugsy and claimed the Hive Badge. Chrono was watching over us.

Ambushed by Vinny outside of Ilex Forest. Cleaned shop.

February 12

Caught a Metapod at level 6 in Ilex Forrest. Named it Rasputin.

February 14

Found an Abra on Route 34. Raged when it Teleported.

February 17

Caught a Nidoran Male at level 12 on Route 35. Named it Travis.

After an intense level grinding session, Rezz evolved into Golbat. And then into Crobat. biggrin

February 19

Caught a Sunkern at level 12 in the National Park. Named it Flo.

February 21

Caught a Scyther at level 13 in the Bug-Catching Contest. I won. Named it Jerri.

Zip evolved into Raticate. Good times were had.

February 24

Took on Whitney. No casualties, thankfully. Rezz was really shining against her Miltank. =D

Caught the level 20 Sudowoodo on Route 36. Named it Henry.

Caught a Pidgey at level 13 on Route 37. Named it Camilla.

February 25

Caught a Farfetch'd at level 16 on Route 38. Named it Ducker.

Beat Vinny and set the Legendary Dogs free in the Burned Tower.

Caught a Koffing at Lv. 14 in the Burned Tower. Named it James.

Zip sweeped Morty with Crunch. You could say he didn't stand a "ghost" of a chance. ;D

Sometime between then and December 3

Made it to Olivine and and met Jasmine in the Lighthouse.

December 3

Caught a level 15 Miltank on Route 39. Named her Beeftips.

December 7

Caught a level 22 Tentacool on Route 40. Named him Omar.

Caught a level 17 Mantine on Route 41. Named her Mana.

December 9

Received Shuckie the level 20 Shuckle from Kirk in Cianwood.

Defeated Eusine with Rezz's Astonish. Almost lost Zip in the battle but luck was on our side.

After level grinding, Miles evolved into Feraligatr! We partied good on Cianwood. blaugh

Rezz sweeped Chuck with Wing Attack. It wasn't a breeze but we did ok. Obtained the Storm Badge. ;D

Found a level 19 Geodude in Cliff Cave. It Selfdestructed. Travis barely survived.

While battling Double Team Kae and Thom, their Magmar's Flamethrower managed a critical hit. Zip...didn't make it. We scattered his ashes off the coast of Cianwood.

December 14

Caught a level 24 Tauros on Route 24. Named him Bullox.

December 25

An attempt to power train Rena backfired. Her first battle was against a Fearow. Pursuit on the switch out. I did not know her well, but I still mourn her. Merry Christmas, Rena.

Year: 2012

March 27

Remembered about the (level 5) Eevee in Goldenrod. When to pick him up. Named him Infinity.

March 29

Jasmines first Magnemite gave my Nidorino trouble. Miles stepped in an walked all over her entire team. MINERAL BADGE GET!

Caught a male Goldeen at level 19 on Route 42. Named him Cato because I'm in a The Hunger Games mood.

Met myself a Red Garydos at Lake of Rage. Quick Ball says she's mine. She's levels 30 and named Katniss. Obtained the Red Scale after the battle.

Found a level 16 Flaffy on Route 43. Named him Peeta. I'm done with The Hunger Games names now. I think...

March 30

After intense level grinding, Travis reached level 43. Upon learning Poison Jab, I evolved him into Nidoking!

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
One more reserve, just in case.

Hygenic Prophet

Good luck. I'm doing Nuzlocke of FireRed. I'm on Misty, and my Nidorino died. He was my undertaker. ._.

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
Lync Anarchy
Good luck. I'm doing Nuzlocke of FireRed. I'm on Misty, and my Nidorino died. He was my undertaker. ._.
That's not good. @.@

I've never done a Nuzlocke myself before so I'm kind of excited. But I also have class. The adventure is started but I haven't even picked up my first Pokemon yet. Though I'm leaning more towards Cyndaquil than Totodile. I always start with grass so I'm leaving Chikortia out this time.

Hygenic Prophet

vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
That's not good. @.@

I've never done a Nuzlocke myself before so I'm kind of excited. But I also have class. The adventure is started but I haven't even picked up my first Pokemon yet. Though I'm leaning more towards Cyndaquil than Totodile. I always start with grass so I'm leaving Chikortia out this time.

I always picked Cyndaquil for some reason. But this time, on HG, I sorta wished I picked up Totodile. Totodile has a great movepool. I suggest, if you really want Cyndaquil that bad, trade it from another game, but pick up Totodile.

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
That's not good. @.@

I always picked Cyndaquil for some reason. But this time, on HG, I sorta wished I picked up Totodile. Totodile has a great movepool. I suggest, if you really want Cyndaquil that bad, trade it from another game, but pick up Totodile.
I have access to any Pokemon. I completed the Pokedex in Diamond. ;P

That being said, I also took the Quilava from the file of the person who owned the game before me. And a Roost TM. Some perks for getting the game used. ;P

However, maybe I'll take your advice and start with Totodile. I don't think I've ever started with Water before...

Hygenic Prophet

vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
That's not good. @.@

That being said, I also took the Quilava from the file of the person who owned the game before me. And a Roost TM. Some perks for getting the game used. ;P

However, maybe I'll take your advice and start with Totodile. I don't think I've ever started with Water before...

Water is a very useful type. And Totodile can learn a long range of attacks. Very useful.

6,600 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
That's not good. @.@

Water is a very useful type. And Totodile can learn a long range of attacks. Very useful.

um, wtf is a nuzlocke???

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
skater_girl_2139
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy
That's not good. @.@

um, wtf is a nuzlocke???
Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=nuzlocke+rules

First link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

6,600 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
vernanonix
skater_girl_2139
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy

um, wtf is a nuzlocke???
Google is your friend.

those dont work 4 mi computer

Original Noob

good luck!

i'm going to start the challenge on my leafgreen once i finish my competitive team training.

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
skater_girl_2139
vernanonix
skater_girl_2139
Lync Anarchy
vernanonix
Lync Anarchy

um, wtf is a nuzlocke???
Google is your friend.

those dont work 4 mi computer
I fail to see how. But it's basically playing a Pokemon game with my Rules 1 and 4 in effect. It's a challenge.
I cant wait to try this challenge... and when I do try it, I WILL MAKE A LOG IN COMIC FORM. ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff