• Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0

i just find it unfair. I mean i never would have thought of that myself. Although i do like the idea now.

WOW, articuno is the only one tat can do that. No other pokemon that can learn sheer cold can learn Lock On or Mind Reader... i wonder if other pokemon that can learn a 1 hit KO can learn Lock on or Mind Reader.

Well apparently only Articuno can do that kind of combo...
GAY!

Yeah, Smeargle can do it too, but Smeargle's too likely to get 1-shotted. Articuno has bulky defenses, but still has a crippling weakness to Rock, and can't OHKO a Focus Sash or Sturdy user. I've toyed around with it in Battle Subway and even on random wifi, but overall it's more of a gimmick than a game changer.

well generally you can tell what will be wearing a focus sash. As for me. I want a sturdy Regirock, but it is not available yet.

but yea i know. Fire is x2, electric is x2 and rock is x4. (And since articuno is more SP. Def instead of Def, rock is usually physical so that hurts it even more.)

I still may use him in my hail team.
Oh naturally Arti is a BEAST, combining defensive stats with its natural ability. I always believed tanks used Pressure better than anything else that had it (preferring Spiritomb or Suicune over Weavile or Absol)

I was actually looking more into snow cloak
Ah now if only people didn't whine about evasion clause. Combine Snow Cloak with Double Team, lefties, and tank stats and it'd be a real tough cookie.

Dangerous Player

Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0

i just find it unfair. I mean i never would have thought of that myself. Although i do like the idea now.

WOW, articuno is the only one tat can do that. No other pokemon that can learn sheer cold can learn Lock On or Mind Reader... i wonder if other pokemon that can learn a 1 hit KO can learn Lock on or Mind Reader.

Well apparently only Articuno can do that kind of combo...
GAY!

Yeah, Smeargle can do it too, but Smeargle's too likely to get 1-shotted. Articuno has bulky defenses, but still has a crippling weakness to Rock, and can't OHKO a Focus Sash or Sturdy user. I've toyed around with it in Battle Subway and even on random wifi, but overall it's more of a gimmick than a game changer.

well generally you can tell what will be wearing a focus sash. As for me. I want a sturdy Regirock, but it is not available yet.

but yea i know. Fire is x2, electric is x2 and rock is x4. (And since articuno is more SP. Def instead of Def, rock is usually physical so that hurts it even more.)

Oh naturally Arti is a BEAST, combining defensive stats with its natural ability. I always believed tanks used Pressure better than anything else that had it (preferring Spiritomb or Suicune over Weavile or Absol)

Ah now if only people didn't whine about evasion clause. Combine Snow Cloak with Double Team, lefties, and tank stats and it'd be a real tough cookie.

Wait evasion clause counts for abilities as well? I thought it was only evasion boosting moves. Well that kills half of my sandstorm team as well.
No, you know what. Sandslash only has one ability (Sand Veil) and I am not removing him from my sandstrom team. (i would prefer sand rush so once that ability is available I will switch him, but for now he is Sand veil.)

Also what Makes Excadrill an Uber? Is it one of his abilities, and if so Which one?

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0

Wait evasion clause counts for abilities as well? I thought it was only evasion boosting moves. Well that kills half of my sandstorm team as well.
No, you know what. Sandslash only has one ability (Sand Veil) and I am not removing him from my sandstrom team. (i would prefer sand rush so once that ability is available I will switch him, but for now he is Sand veil.)

Also what Makes Excadrill an Uber? Is it one of his abilities, and if so Which one?
Excadrill's Sand Rush has it banned for the same reason as Swift Swim+Drizzle on the same team.

As for the evasion clause, it DOES specifically say "MOVES that alter evasion/accuracy" so I could only logically assume, barring an errata to the rule, that abilities are fair play. I would even go so far as to say items too (Sand Veil/Snow Cloak+Bright Powder?) but such items are specifically categorized as "hax" items.

Dangerous Player

Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0

Excadrill's Sand Rush has it banned for the same reason as Swift Swim+Drizzle on the same team.

As for the evasion clause, it DOES specifically say "MOVES that alter evasion/accuracy" so I could only logically assume, barring an errata to the rule, that abilities are fair play. I would even go so far as to say items too (Sand Veil/Snow Cloak+Bright Powder?) but such items are specifically categorized as "hax" items.

Well plus the thing is, with Sandslash, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE SAND VEIL! So Basically if you take the evasion clause to the extreme. Sandslash should be banned for that reason.

DAMNIT, sand rush is the move that makes Excadrill Uber (well i guess with a 604 max speed it makes sense. But I can still use Excadrill with Sand force. I just wanted a fast tank, but I can deal with a powerhouse. But i need to think of steel types rock types and ground types to use on my team, along with Hippowdon or Tyranitar as my sandstream guy.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0

Well plus the thing is, with Sandslash, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE SAND VEIL! So Basically if you take the evasion clause to the extreme. Sandslash should be banned for that reason.

DAMNIT, sand rush is the move that makes Excadrill Uber (well i guess with a 604 max speed it makes sense. But I can still use Excadrill with Sand force. I just wanted a fast tank, but I can deal with a powerhouse. But i need to think of steel types rock types and ground types to use on my team, along with Hippowdon or Tyranitar as my sandstream guy.
Get confirmation before choosing Sand Force, because I haven't seen a ban list that differentiates them the way it does with Blaziken's Speed Boost.

Don't forget about other Pokemon that are off-type but still immune. Check these lists for other possible teammates that would be immune to the sand damage

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/overcoat.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/magicguard.shtml

Cacturn, Reuniclus, Alakazam, and Sigilyph can all be mixed in to a Sandstorm team and NOT share in all (or at least most) of the common-weaknesses of Steel/Rock/Ground types. Cacturn resists water and ground, while the others aren't weak to Fire and even resist Fighting.

Dapper Conversationalist

5,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
Anyone happen to know when the tournament is starting? smile

Dangerous Player

Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Rockwarrior v2.0

Get confirmation before choosing Sand Force, because I haven't seen a ban list that differentiates them the way it does with Blaziken's Speed Boost.

Don't forget about other Pokemon that are off-type but still immune. Check these lists for other possible teammates that would be immune to the sand damage

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/overcoat.shtml

Cacturn, Reuniclus, Alakazam, and Sigilyph can all be mixed in to a Sandstorm team and NOT share in all (or at least most) of the common-weaknesses of Steel/Rock/Ground types. Cacturn resists water and ground, while the others aren't weak to Fire and even resist Fighting.

I am also looking into stoutland. He has pretty nice damage on him, and He has Sand rush. I know Cacturn (Already looked at it) but did not even think about alakazam or those guys (This helps my Hail team as well.)

Hmm, looking at the speed Stoutland will have if I use him... that will be 518 speed... THAT IS SO MUCH MORE THAN NINJASK! (Even if i have a bad nature on speed that will be 466. Ninjask's top speed is 460 (But alas he does have speed boost)

518 is also more than Deoxys speed form that has a 504 max speed.

I can now understand why sand rush would be banned on Excadrill... Since the lowest speed with him (If he has sand rush in a sandstrom) is 166, or a max of 604.
Get some hone claws off and well... Yea Excadrll can probably sweep.

Dangerous Player

Renown0

yea, when the slots are filled.

Dapper Conversationalist

5,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
Rockwarrior v2.0
Renown0

yea, when the slots are filled.

That's a lot of slots to fill. O.o

Hilarious Tycoon

Ubie Boobie

Why thank you,someone awesome made it for me ;D,that awesome person should draw me a houndoom too laying with houndour >_> *cough*

solomon514's Wife

Dedicated Regular

Dangerous Player

Okay guys i got My hail, Rain, and sunny teams done. i need a Pokemon to replace Excadrill. (And it sucks cause i really want to use Excadrill.)

Using Stoutland, so all 4 teams are done.

solomon514's Wife

Dedicated Regular

Rockwarrior v2.0
Okay guys i got My hail, Rain, and sunny teams done. i need a Pokemon to replace Excadrill. (And it sucks cause i really want to use Excadrill.)

Stoutland is a good choice. It has access to the elemental fangs.

Dangerous Player

Kallen-chan
Rockwarrior v2.0

I just like teh high attack and using Sand rush

solomon514's Wife

Dedicated Regular

Rockwarrior v2.0
Kallen-chan
Rockwarrior v2.0

I just like teh high attack and using Sand rush

Well, the elememtal fangs are a bonus. Fire fang could come in handy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff