Welcome to Gaia! ::

it's a poll! who's your favorite magma member?

Maxie 0.25421530479896 25.4% [ 196 ]
Tabitha 0.22568093385214 22.6% [ 174 ]
Courtney/Marge 0.10505836575875 10.5% [ 81 ]
Brodie 0.050583657587549 5.1% [ 39 ]
Butler 0.076523994811933 7.7% [ 59 ]
Mack 0.035019455252918 3.5% [ 27 ]
...Grimsley? 0.25291828793774 25.3% [ 195 ]
Total Votes:[ 771 ]

Tinn Tinny

Finally caught Kyogre after three days of frustration and soft resets ugh.

Kyogre nearly killed my whole team by the time it was caught. sweatdrop

But Rayquaza was first ultra ball. xd And Deoxy's was a chore but I did it.

So I still got my master ball. emotion_bigheart

Aged Consumer

I keep disappearing. I have such a hard time actually remembering to stay up to date with anything on the internet.
Like??? The forum is here??? And i browse, but then forget I haven't actually communicated with anyone or cleared my inbox in days.

asdfghjkl;

On the bright side though, I moved all of my old team on to OR.

ALSO GUYS
COULD I POTENTIALLY INTEREST ANY OF YOU IN A RATHER LARGE PROJECT INVOLVING POKEMON

Otherworldly Bunny

14,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Team Magma Maxie
I keep disappearing. I have such a hard time actually remembering to stay up to date with anything on the internet.
Like??? The forum is here??? And i browse, but then forget I haven't actually communicated with anyone or cleared my inbox in days.

asdfghjkl;

On the bright side though, I moved all of my old team on to OR.

ALSO GUYS
COULD I POTENTIALLY INTEREST ANY OF YOU IN A RATHER LARGE PROJECT INVOLVING POKEMON

YOU ALWAYS INTEREST ME BUT YES WHAT IS IT

Aged Consumer

Well, for a few years now, I have been working on a fan region. So far, I have whole plot along with characters, a few fakemon, a map, and so on.

As of current, I am looking to do a few things:

Seek out artists to eventually commission good character art and map art from

More people to help create more fakemon, because them coming only from me and some close friends is making them seem matching and bland. Especially the legendaries, as while they have ideas/origins/aesthetic designs, proper designs by someone else would probably look million times better.

Someone to assist in composition of over world, character and battle themes, as we will perhaps eventually make a hack if this whole process goes well.

A group of people who would be willing to claim characters and flesh them, possibly in the form of a big RP. Which may be tricky, because a basic plot has been worked out, though RPing with guidlines in order to fill in the gaps and make a story more than point form can be pretty fun.

The region is called Eyori, and it is based off the part of Canada I live in. Rain forest and marsh in the south, desert and tundra in the north, very mountainous, mild cold, surrounded by beaches/sea. Many lakes. Kind of cold. Sort of a mountainer/rugged/hippie vibe.

The localized team is called Team Lunar(Although I don't really like that and really want a better name) and they are sort of a doomsday cult. Their leader is a woman named Eve and I like her a lot so far.

Idk lots of stuff can be done C:

Otherworldly Bunny

14,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
That is super incredible. I'd love to be a contributing factor somehow, but sadly I am not an artist lol. I love to help with fleshing characters out, or maybe adding to the fakemon? Also I've been up and around ower BC and I live right below you so I totally know what you're talking about. You have some cool marshes around Surrey from what I remember. I'd tootally love helping w the mapping out. I general I def want to help holy geez so cool.

Aged Consumer

Oooh, where do you live? Excellent!

Yes! The Vancouver area has some fantastic marshes. In general, BC just has awesome diversity in landscapes.
I lived in the desert, then the swamp, then the rainforest/waterfalls, and now by the sea. All in one lovely province.

I'll have to do a big dump in this thread of all the junk I've accumulated.
There was a little RP going on years ago, though it fizzled out, and I have since then just been hacking away at this project in bits and pieces.

Most especially, I'll have to post the gym leaders, E4, champion, protags, professor, rivals, and lunar members.
They all have character designs. I have ended up really liking a lot of them.

Idk, in general, expect me to be forcing ridiculous amounts of content on you all in the future.

I'd especially love to work in more allusion to coastal native culture, though seeing how my family is in no way coastal native, I am not sure how to go about doing a lot of that.

Otherworldly Bunny

14,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I live an hour and a half ferry ride away from Seattle.
Yes good dump info on us I love it.

When I'm not on mobile I can link you to websites that have good information about native culture? I can definitely see trainer designs in my head that fit that idea.

Aged Consumer

Seattle is a nice city C: One of the few big cities in the states I am fond of I think.

I have a few friends here locally who are native, living on the reservation. I think I should probably ask them some stuff about this.

Hmm, one thing I could dump in here a bit later, is the big sheet I have of character names/descriptions etc.
Though after I tidy it up a little, it is old and I am not super fond of the state of it.

O.G. Elder

I want to see all of it. * A* It sounds super-super-awesome.

Aged Consumer

Gonna dump my big text document of (mostly) unfinished character descriptions.
Brace yourselves.

Aged Consumer

Gyms
Ice - Quinn
Older teen? Bubbly. Girly. Petite. Waist length bleach blonde hair; straight, fluffy texture, huge violet eyes, fair skinned. Heavy fur lined jacket, short skirt, leggings, fur lined boot with bobbles. Mittens. Ear flap hat; ear flaps usually pinned up. General blue/violet/light purple colour scheme. Her gym is ironically in the warmest part of Eyori; for this reason, its cool, snow day themed interior is a popular hang out.
Fighting - Perry
Older teen? Fencer. Confident. Kind of a smug, rich kid sort of vibe. Always smirking slightly. Short, brown-black hair, thin grey eyes, fair skin. White/grey fencer's jacket adorned with a pokeball logo on the breast. Heavy fencer's gloves. Tight, sculpted pants of some sort, expensive looking pointed toe shoes. Carries a stylized helmet under one arm, holds a matching epee/sabre/foil with a pokeball cuff in the other. Gold/grey/white/silver colour theme. His gym is set up like a fencing arena. Very sophisticated sort of air. He inherited the gym from his father, just one in a family line of many accomplished fencers and gym leaders.
Starts battles with 'en garde'?
Grass - Polina
Adult. Chill hippie vibe. Long, honey hair, calm eyes, medium-light skin. Dressed very typically hippie; long skirt, bare feet, lots of bracelets, headband, baggy shirt. Orange/green colour theme. Seems a little out of it a lot of the time.
Electric - Stacy
Mid-late 20s. Tomboyish vibes. Shoulder length yellow hair with a spiky poly tail, big green eyes, pink tone skin. Bandage on her cheek. Big open front brown jumpsuit with a white u-neck shirt underneath. Rubber boots, or some other sort of heavy-duty footwear. Heavy gloves. Rag in her side pocket. Tool belt including pokeballs. Chain necklace with a thunderbolt. Works as both a gym leader and a mechanic. Her gym doubles as an auto/mechanical repair shop. Has a huge admiration for Slade. Also a bit of a rival. He's the reason she worked so hard to become a gym leader, initially. Her ultimate goal is to become even stronger than him.
Dark - Darcy
Young adult? (Non identicle) twin of Reagan. Constant sibling rivalry between them; it pains him that people consider her gym more challenging. Medium tone green hair, spiky in the front, with some sort of shaved portion on the back, pale green eyes, tan skin tone. Punk vibe. Piercings? Tattoos of some sort? Vest adorned in pins and patches, torn of arms on his shirt, belly button visible, various arm bands, bracelets, and rings. Chunky shoes. Gym doubles as a club? Bar? Something of this variety.
Ghost - Reagan
Young adult? (Non indenticle) twin of Darcy. Long, bushy, deep green hair, tan skin tone, white eyes that are usually mostly closed. Huge, decorative earrings. Robe of some sort. Long nails. Blind from birth, seems to have spent her life giving the same regards to both humans and ghosts, as she was never able to see the difference between them; she was simply aware that they were both there. Her gym is a maze mostly doused in darkness. Mystical/Spiritual feeling to it. Incense? Candles? Drums? Fog?
Fire - Colton
Adult? Spiky red hair, fit body type, slate grey eyes, olive skin tone. Wilderness/mountain sort of guy.
Steel - Slade
40s. Stern body language. Dark grey hair, dark teal eyes, medium-light skin. High collared jacket with matching pants. Black shoes. Strongest gym in Eyori. His battle style is relentless.

E4
Flying - Blair
Cute kid/young teen. Flight jacket and hat with goggles. Orange hair, freckles, big blue eyes. Not sure if boy or girl? Maybe neither? Childish and androgynous.
Psychic - Mindina
30s? Black hair with long braids on either side, roundly shaped bangs, brown skin, auburn eyes. Red lipstick. Round glasses. Scarf adorned, flowy outfit. Golden bracelet. Room set up like a tea house?
Poison - Hugo
Adult. Light purple hair just a bit longer than his chin, eyes of the same colour, fair skin. Suit, cravat. A bit of scruff/stubble. Looks like he'd be a fanatic of wine and fine dining. French vibe; Kalosian heritage? General wine/purple tone colour scheme. Believes the art of training poison type Pokemon requires elegance and skill. It is aluded that he was quite close with Lunar member Mel in the past. They have several interactions that suggest he was sort of a big brother figure to her, perhaps?
Ground - Dunia
60s. Big woman, very husky, peasant like build. Frowny. Mole on the left side of her chin. Thick eyebrows. Looks like she could easily kick your a** and pull her own plow. Speech pattern imitating a slavic accent.
Champion - Cece
Adult. Tall, curvy (but thin) build. Blue-black hair worn in a corn-row style on her scalp, with long, stylized dreads or braids in the back, possibly beaded, dark brown skin, dark purple eyes, full lips. Pearl earrings, matching bracelet. Blazer, collared blouse, flared pants, high heeled shoes. Professional, intimidating air. Trains a team consisting of all types.

Team Lunar
Admin - Mel
Young adult. Small build, flat chested, squirrely personality. Brown skin, short and curly cotton candy pink hair, purple eyes. Seems like the kind of girl who would blow things up and laugh about it. Initially befriends the heroes, her involvement with Lunar unbeknownst to them. Quite shocking when it is she was tricking them into staying out of the leader's way.
Admin - Byorko
Young adult. Tall, thin, girlish figure. Long, royal blue hair, tidy bangs, light brown eyes, fair skin. Cute face. Little smile. Straight up creepy vibes. Her cuteness is maniacal. Seems like the sort of girl who would keep specimens in jars, pull dolls apart, and believe in alien conspiracy theories. Firmly believes that all opposed to Team Lunar want the fate of the human race, very much sees them as the villian. Sees herself as the hero. Hopelessly devoted to Eve, sees her as an almost god like figure. Ready to tear apart anyone who says anything bad about her.
Admin - Salem
Adult. Tall, intelligent air. Serious. Seems studious. Glasses. Short, straight, dark hair with bangs, brown eyes, fair skin. Quiet type. Doesn't say a whole lot, but when he does, he tends to let on he is awful sure of what he is saying. Brains of the group. Eve's right hand man. Respects her a great deal.
Leader - Eve
30s? 40s? Straight, black, bobbed hair(or maybe long?), very fair skin, amber eyes. Crazy look in her eyes when she starts battling; very aggressive. Scary in a chilling way. This said, she also has a certain credibility to her; she is very smart. Possibly a genius. Easily keeps her cool when there are people around to impress. People view her as a smart leader. Claims that Team Lunar needs to harness the power of one legendary mascot (either the lord of matter, or the lord of energy, depending on the narrative) to stop an impending disaster. According to a prophecy, which she claims has been passed down through her family for generations, the other one, which is unleashed once every (x) years, threatens to destroy the stability of matter/energy. She feels it is her duty to rally the people against this creature, and by any means possible, stop this from happening, using the power of her newly obtained Pokemon, and restore balance to Eyori. Her intentions seem good, although she seems to go to many illegal and dangerous means to obtain the items she needs to do so. As it turns out, this prophecy was never really predicted, and she plans to use one legendary to capture the other, and ultimately gain control over both of them, to become one of the richest, most powerful, and most feared people in Eyori. Outwardly seems to very much care for others; really only cares for herself. Good actor. Manipulative. Will not let anybody get in her way, whatever the cost. People are tools to her.
/
Professor - Ferra Maple
Regional Pokemon professor. Kindly old woman. Glasses, grey hair, very short. Genuinely loves her job.
Assistant - Miles Branch
Maple's young assitant. Aspiring Pokemon Professor. Attractive, looks confident, though he happens to be very disorganized and nervous. Misplaces things frequently. Initially misplaces the starter Pokemon at the beginning of the story.
Protagonists - Jane and Julius
Rival - Gladys
Child/teen. Green or teal hair in two short bobble ponytails, green eyes, fair skin. Beret hat, short fabric shorts, blouse with short, puffed sleeves, knee socks, tennis shoes, side bag. Plaid designs on hat and shorts? Small vest? To put it lightly, arrogant as heck and super competitive. Absolute jerk. Convinced she is far more talented than the protagonist. Any of her losses are just luck on the winner's part, as far as she's concerned. Seems to really hate the protagonist, but as things get serious, she certainly shows a bit more of a soft side, and a lot of concern for them. At the beginning of the story, she, the protagonist, and Fuitz receive starters at the same time. She is resentful that the other two view her as a traveling companion, and outright states that they are rivals.
Rival - Fitz
Child/teen. Average build, Tidy cherry red hair, orange eyes, glasses, fair skin. Gladys's cousin, who also lives in the protagonist's home town. Sweet, friendly. Very excited to start his journey with Pokemon. Super supportive of the protagonist, and resentfully, Gladys, and wishes them friendly competition.

Otherworldly Bunny

14,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
My old food science teacher looks just like Professor Maple

I'm officially in love w your characters and am very sad I don't draw ;u;

Aged Consumer

Aww yay, I'm glad!
Tbh I think, at one point, I'd like to commission a few artists for a lot of these guys. Full character images can be a lot of work. Someone deserves to be paid in something for that.

I am kind of broke right now but I have a s**t tonne of gold I am thinking maybe I should find some Gaia artists who would do a few of these guys for gold C:

Gosh, additionally, the protagonists, I do have art I've done myself of both of them, but my style is so, so far from what Pokemon looks like, and I don't like them

Jane has dark blonde/honey hair cut in a bob with sideswept bangs, green eyes, up until this point, I have drawn her wearing a rose-pink jacket, either short blue shorts or a short blue skirt with black leggings underneath, brown fingerless gloves and brown boots, either a scarf or a peal necklace, I can't decide, and a pink toque type hat. Also, a heavy duty side bag of some sort.

Julius has dark green hair with bangs and a tiny bit of length in the back, green eyes, a black turtleneck sweater with a medium-blue jacket over top, navy-blue cargo sort of jeans tucked into brown boots, brown fingerless gloves, a toque of some colour, and also a heavy duty side bag.

I was going for the heavy duty hiker look for both of them, but idk. Both characters need a massive overhaul.

Depending on the narrative, one has just moved into town, the other is their neighbor.
The protagonist (and Gladys) are convinced by the neighbor to wander out into the route just outside of their home town because he/she had heard some cool wild Pokemon out there, and wanted to see them. They are attacked by a wild Pokemon, but luckily, the protagonist stumbles across a bag which contains three Pokeballs holding the regional starters, which Branch had left out in the field by mistake. They use one of them to fight of the attacker.
Hearing the commotion from town, Professor Maple comes to find them, finding the protagonist had already fended the trouble off. She recommends he/she keep the Pokemon, and offer the other two to Gladys and the neighbor. Gladys has the type advantage, while the neighbor chooses the other.
Maple gives Branch a firm scolding back in the lab, and not too soon after, the three of them decide to set off on a journey together. Gladys mentions her cousin in the neighboring town has been a trainer for quite some time, and she decides she is going to go see him and learn some tips about battling so that she can have a head start against the other two.

Aged Consumer

I think, once I have better designs visually worked out for them, I am going to go seeking a piece of art (perhaps from a lot of different artists?) for each of these guys in the art and art freebies forum.

Aged Consumer

Gosh, I am also gonna look for someone who does remixes/music at some point. I actually make quite a few midis for melodies I come up with for town/route/battle/character themes, but I am really not talented enough to go beyond that. I can compose 2 or 3 track melodies with about the same quality and excitement of gameboy era music. Not so great at then applying layers and instruments and sounds and creating music that is good to listen to. If I could find someone good with creating music, putting their own spin on things, who knew how to work by ear or from midi files (Although I think the tempos would need to be changed a lot if someone was working with them, maybe the key, idk) that would be amazing ;n;

But as far as composition goes, I really do have that covered. Apart from creating solid drum loops. I am just sort of working out one loop, playing that in the intro, and then dropping it when the melody starts, because I do not have an ear for rhythm at all.

I have one theme I especially want to hear. It's a battle theme, and I think it'd work especially well for gyms. Not sure.

I should convert all of these midi files into mp3s at some point and post my embarrassingly minimum work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff