• Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
There's more differences between FireRed and Red than just the graphics. They added things to FireRed that weren't in Red and moved some things around.

i really didn't notice much. then again i only played up to Lavender town.
It was after you beat the Elite Four that you could travel to the Sevii Islands. And if I remember right they moved where the Legendary birds were located.

hmm. Makes sense. But you still travel the same region. You still have the same story.
I wasn't saying that it wasn't the same story. I was saying they did add to FireRed and LeafGreen.

Yes but the argument was that this is B/W 2.0
Much like FR/LG was G/R/B 2.0

the fact is, Unlike FR/LG you are traveling a new region (And don;t bullshit me saying its the same region. Its not. It may be Unova but it is NOT the same region. Along with that the story is different.
1) I didn't come in here to argue that this was B/W 2.0
2) Technically it is still the same region. Look at the map.
3) Its a continuation. It continues the story of Kyurem.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
the only problem I have are the starters.they went from making a starter in gen 4 that's competitive to 3 that refuse to be liked and most having serious stat flaws.

all in the past,most of the starter pokemon have never disappointed,they at least got you through the story no problem.

Gaian

Rockwarrior v2.0

I played Fire red, its the same as Red version just better graphics. B/W2 is not the same as B/W. The region has chnaged, new gyms and new story since Much like team rocket disappeared and resurfaced 3 years later. Team plasma has resurfaced 2 years later.

True, But that still doesn't make Black and White 2 a new Generation. It's a slightly altered version of the same region with older Pokémon, with new and retro characters added, plus a different storyline. You said that Gamefreak announced that there would be a new Generation. Black and White 2 cannot be it, since they're just a continuation of the storyline of Black and White.

Invisible Humorist

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Rockwarrior v2.0
Well so far it seems like a whole new region but that may because i only got to the poison gym before picking up my Black version and looked around for something to use as my starter instead of the three rejects i ignored previously.

I mean I was okay with all 3 in gen 1. Gen 2 i used all three but wasn't too fond of Totodile. Gen 3. While I am okay with all 3, I highly prefer treeko. Gen 4. They are starting to piss me off. Chichar turns into a circus clown freak, and Piplup, well he's okay. Though i settled on Turtwig. Gen 5. I feel all 3 though be sent into the woodchipper.

So yea i may just be because I am not yet too far. and I may have wasted too much time grinding, But yea I'm already going to restart and trade myself a Pokemon I actually enjoy using. Of the team of 5 I have, I only like Sewaddle.

They added on a section, but it's actually the same old region once you get past a certain point.
But I can see how the first of the game would definitely make you think that. *nods*

Lonely Phantom

13,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I think you need to look up the definition of "generation".

Kallen-chan's Husband

Ice-Cold Guest

14,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
oh god, please tell me you are fooling around.... :l

Distrustful Scamp

30,875 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Red/Blue->Yellow
Gold/Silver->Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire->Emerald
Diamond/Pearl->Platinum
Black/White->Black2/White2

The "annex" games are always the "extra" features they add to a game. They do his every gen. The only difference in this one was instead of just 1 game (People thought gray) it was separated in two.

Dangerous Player

MHX
I think you need to look up the definition of "generation".

Definition of Generation
gen·er·a·tion/ˌjenəˈrāSHən/
Noun:
-All of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively: "one of his generation's finest songwriters".
-The average period, generally considered to be about thirty years, during which children grow up and have children of their own.

Synonyms:
procreation - production

This is not helping you at all.

Dangerous Player

Udoli
Red/Blue->Yellow
Gold/Silver->Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire->Emerald
Diamond/Pearl->Platinum
Black/White->Black2/White2

The "annex" games are always the "extra" features they add to a game. They do his every gen. The only difference in this one was instead of just 1 game (People thought gray) it was separated in two.

God its annoying to hear people say Yellow is the third in the G/R/B series. Green and red were released together and then Japan released their third of the series. blue.

Yellow was a ******** ploy to mimic the show. Make it friendlier even though pokemon, IS NOT FRIENDLY. It's a dark world always shown on TV in a bright light. Even the Manga doesn't capture its true darkness. The game is the only one that does and that is only if you play the original one. FR and LG lightens up.

Seriously Yellow should not be considered the third in a series. Its basically its own bullshit. It introduced following pokemon, which people begged for and we true pokemon veterans had to deal with that bullshit again in HG and SS... Stupid gimmick

Distrustful Scamp

30,875 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Oh goodness, another of of "those" people.
emotion_facepalm
We're talking about the pokemon games introduced to the world, not the "Japan exclusives"
Yellow has and always will be the expansion ; get a clue.

"True veterans"? Don't you sound like some uppity elitist. You're not a veteran, you're a pokemon critic. Leave info to the fans, not the maniacs like you.

Dangerous Player

Udoli
Oh goodness, another of of "those" people.
emotion_facepalm
We're talking about the pokemon games introduced to the world, not the "Japan exclusives"
Yellow has and always will be the expansion ; get a clue.

"True veterans"? Don't you sound like some uppity elitist. You're not a veteran, you're a pokemon critic. Leave info to the fans, not the maniacs like you.

Again, Yellow was only created to support the show, not to be an expansion.

Anxious Phantom

6,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
Dude... You're killing me... emotion_facepalm
Is this a joke? Because I really want to start laughing right now. lol

Dangerous Player

X Rin-Umizuki X
Dude... You're killing me... emotion_facepalm
Is this a joke? Because I really want to start laughing right now. lol

I made this thread while my DS was dead and before reaching the B/W are of Unova. Today i got there and felt a little dead inside. But the first couple gyms does feel like a new region.
Rockwarrior v2.0
[What are you talking about, "True Pokemon Veterans" having to deal with following Pokemon
Are you saying that because I like it when Pokemon follow me that I'm automatically not a "True Pokemon Veteran"?
Even though I have gotten every game from each generation, multiples with some of them.
I've been playing Pokemon for as long as I can remember.
I watched the shows.
I read the manga.
I have board games of Pokemon. Pokemon Master Trainer, Pokemon Monopoly, Pokemon Sorry.
I have Pokemon toys.
I even have a Pokemon towel of the first 151.

But now, according to you, because I like it when Pokemon follow me and I can talk to them and see them react to things and dance, I'm not a "True Pokemon Veteran"?

By the way, Yellow is 3rd. Or the 4th, whichever you call it.
But the only real differences Blue was to Red / Green was that the Pokemon's Sprites. Finding Pokemon in a few new places, and a new layout of Rock Tunnel.
Which, our Blue / Red is the same as Japanese Blue.
Really, to me.
The few changes that they did to the Japanese Blue doesn't really count it as a third, it was more of a "We noticed that our Pokemon looked retarded so we fixed it a bit."
]

Dangerous Player

Pair of Sockies
Rockwarrior v2.0
[What are you talking about, "True Pokemon Veterans" having to deal with following Pokemon
Are you saying that because I like it when Pokemon follow me that I'm automatically not a "True Pokemon Veteran"?
Even though I have gotten every game from each generation, multiples with some of them.
I've been playing Pokemon for as long as I can remember.
I watched the shows.
I read the manga.
I have board games of Pokemon. Pokemon Master Trainer, Pokemon Monopoly, Pokemon Sorry.
I have Pokemon toys.
I even have a Pokemon towel of the first 151.

But now, according to you, because I like it when Pokemon follow me and I can talk to them and see them react to things and dance, I'm not a "True Pokemon Veteran"?

By the way, Yellow is 3rd. Or the 4th, whichever you call it.
But the only real differences Blue was to Red / Green was that the Pokemon's Sprites. Finding Pokemon in a few new places, and a new layout of Rock Tunnel.
Which, our Blue / Red is the same as Japanese Blue.
Really, to me.
The few changes that they did to the Japanese Blue doesn't really count it as a third, it was more of a "We noticed that our Pokemon looked retarded so we fixed it a bit."
]

Funny how you get worked up about something so little
And I could really care less how you feel. I was becoming a pokemon master while you were still in diapers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff