Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Player

Seriously. The only diffeence is that it does not pocess gen 6 pokes. But unlike a remake to R/S/E and unlike a 3rd B/W this is 2 years later and you basically have a whole new region to explore, which you will later visit the old region (Anyone seeing similarities to gold and silver right now?)
New Gyms, new characters. B/W2 is the G/S to B/W

I know many people wil claim that gen 6 has to have new pokemon. I say shut the ******** up. We have 649 pokemon, We do not need more. (Aside from all 17 eeveelution and some more typing combinations.)

Now there will be a sixth gen Gamefreaks already announced it...But give me a break rigt now B/W2 is the gold and silver version of gen 5.

Invisible Humorist

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Technically B/W2 is the equivalent of Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. Same region, different Regional Pokedex, same starters, different main story, different legendary (which the story revolves around).

So really, B/W2 is the 'Gray' of Gen 5.

Dangerous Player

DXSciz
Technically B/W2 is the equivalent of Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. Same region, different Regional Pokedex, sam starters, different main story, different legendary (which the story revolves around).

So really, B/W2 is the 'Gray' of Gen 5.

I never really grabbed a third edition of any. (Except yellow) and yellow is still the same as G/R/B

SO far i see this is much more like G/S to G/R/B/ Rather than a Y to G/R/B

Invisible Humorist

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Rockwarrior v2.0
I never really grabbed a third edition of any. (Except yellow) and yellow is still the same as G/R/B

Platinum is a better example. Yellow was almost the same except for the Pikachu. Newer gens changed more.

Besides, if it were G/S to G/R/B, it'd be a whole new region with the previous region inside and different pokemon.

Dangerous Player

DXSciz
Rockwarrior v2.0

Platinum is a better example. Yellow was almost the same except for the Pikachu. Newer gens changed more.

Besides, if it were G/S to G/R/B, it'd be a whole new region with the previous region inside and different pokemon.

Well so far it seems like a whole new region but that may because i only got to the poison gym before picking up my Black version and looked around for something to use as my starter instead of the three rejects i ignored previously.

I mean I was okay with all 3 in gen 1. Gen 2 i used all three but wasn't too fond of Totodile. Gen 3. While I am okay with all 3, I highly prefer treeko. Gen 4. They are starting to piss me off. Chichar turns into a circus clown freak, and Piplup, well he's okay. Though i settled on Turtwig. Gen 5. I feel all 3 though be sent into the woodchipper.

So yea i may just be because I am not yet too far. and I may have wasted too much time grinding, But yea I'm already going to restart and trade myself a Pokemon I actually enjoy using. Of the team of 5 I have, I only like Sewaddle.

Friendly Cultist

I can see what you mean, but I dunno if I could call it that. Gameplay wise there haven't really been many changes (Pokemon, moves, abilities, etc.) so it honestly just feels like a new Gen 5.
Though calling it a the G/S to B/W fits perfect, I think.

Dangerous Player

Czar Kazem
I can see what you mean, but I dunno if I could call it that. Gameplay wise there haven't really been many changes (Pokemon, moves, abilities, etc.) so it honestly just feels like a new Gen 5.
Though calling it a the G/S to B/W fits perfect, I think.

ignoring the fact that there are no new pokemon, how does it differ?

Gaian

Um...no. This isn't Generation Six. Haven't you seen that every new Generation so far has introduced a fresh wave of all new Pokémon? Not to mention a new region and a whole mess of new characters and game mechanics. Black and White 2 only reintroduce characters and Pokémon from previous Generations like they did with Generation 2 and others. Black and White 2 are Generation 5 version 2.0, just like FireRed and LeafGreen are Generation 3 version 2.0.

Dangerous Player

The Seventh Wonderbolt
Um...no. This isn't Generation Six. Haven't you seen that every new Generation so far has introduced a fresh wave of all new Pokémon? Not to mention a new region and a whole mess of new characters and game mechanics. Black and White 2 only reintroduce characters and Pokémon from previous Generations like they did with Generation 2 and others. Black and White 2 are Generation 5 version 2.0, just like FireRed and LeafGreen are Generation 3 version 2.0.

I played Fire red, its the same as Red version just better graphics. B/W2 is not the same as B/W. The region has chnaged, new gyms and new story since Much like team rocket disappeared and resurfaced 3 years later. Team plasma has resurfaced 2 years later.

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Rockwarrior v2.0
The Seventh Wonderbolt

I played Fire red, its the same as Red version just better graphics. B/W2 is not the same as B/W. The region has chnaged, new gyms and new story since Much like team rocket disappeared and resurfaced 3 years later. Team plasma has resurfaced 2 years later.
There's more differences between FireRed and Red than just the graphics. They added things to FireRed that weren't in Red and moved some things around.

Dangerous Player

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
The Seventh Wonderbolt

There's more differences between FireRed and Red than just the graphics. They added things to FireRed that weren't in Red and moved some things around.

i really didn't notice much. then again i only played up to Lavender town.

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
The Seventh Wonderbolt

It was after you beat the Elite Four that you could travel to the Sevii Islands. And if I remember right they moved where the Legendary birds were located.

Dangerous Player

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
The Seventh Wonderbolt

It was after you beat the Elite Four that you could travel to the Sevii Islands. And if I remember right they moved where the Legendary birds were located.

hmm. Makes sense. But you still travel the same region. You still have the same story.

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
The Seventh Wonderbolt

hmm. Makes sense. But you still travel the same region. You still have the same story.
I wasn't saying that it wasn't the same story. I was saying they did add to FireRed and LeafGreen.

Dangerous Player

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Rockwarrior v2.0
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

I wasn't saying that it wasn't the same story. I was saying they did add to FireRed and LeafGreen.

Yes but the argument was that this is B/W 2.0
Much like FR/LG was G/R/B 2.0

the fact is, Unlike FR/LG you are traveling a new region (And don;t bullshit me saying its the same region. Its not. It may be Unova but it is NOT the same region. Along with that the story is different.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff