Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

I'm serious, guys

it's been eighteen years and pokemon's finally made the jump to 3D
now we can have fully-3D battles on a 3D plane and make pokemon more of an active RPG rather than just a simple turn-based one

one piece did a good job of 3D, turn-based battles
porkymen can do better than that
after all, they're more popular than anything else right now, for some reason

i can just imagine having PKMN run around in a battle and even go so far as to be able to actively dodge attacks
i know that they're changing the mechanics for the percentage of dodging and critical hits with that porkyman amie

so the idea of something like this wouldn't be too difficult to manage
not to mention that they could ditch the whole turn-based thing altogether and make it more like the anime or, dare i say it, the manga

what say you, pokemon nerds

Dangerous Genius

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Buying 4 new Outfit slots 100
I don't think Gamefreak will try to fix something that ain't broken.
It's been working for the last twenty something years, so the main games will probably not change.

But I agreed, I'd love to see a more fast paced pokemon game.
I just doubt they will ever make that kind of battling into the "main-game feature".

Dangerous Genius

Necronium
It's been working for the last twenty something years, so the main games will probably not change.

I just doubt they will ever make that kind of battling into the "main-game feature".

*eighteen
PKMN's only been around for eighteen years
20+ if you count the planning stages

it doesn't hurt to wish

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
If I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand more times

kingdom hearts play style but with pokemon, be more like the shows battles

imagine controlling the pokemon and being able to run and evade
could avoid conflict to boost
dodge
get behind them for better attacks

would have to change the PP system, maybe a mini charge bar for each attack

I Karia I's Senpai

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Um, I can't see them ruining the old formula. Not everyone wants to play the game like that.Though seemingly fun, If done wrong, I can see it being boring after a while like the Pokemon Rumble games are.(They're free environment control,non turn based, with a few attacks Pokemon games,too) Imagine how many unique movesets they would they have to create for this sort of play because it sounds as if you'd like a Kid Icarus/3D Smash sort of feel to the game...

These sorts of changes would be better for a spin-off title,imo.I think that's what they're going to do with the whole 'Pokken Fighters' trademark. Google if you're unfamiliar, there's a short peek at the graphics.

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Buying 4 new Outfit slots 100
shingeki no sanic
Necronium

*eighteen
PKMN's only been around for eighteen years
20+ if you count the planning stages

it doesn't hurt to wish

Oh I thought it was released in 93, but it was in 96. I was off by three years, heh. sweatdrop

But yeah, games like Final Fantasy tried it out and uhm... it didn't work too well.
But I think it's a possibility for it to show up in spin-off games.

I personally prefer turn-based combat in Pokemon because of the planning needed and whatnot, trying to counter things and use your pokemon to the fullest.
Jumping around and spamming stuff is a bit more Smash Bros-esque, which gets tedious very quickly.
It's not so much a transition as a completely different game. Battle mechanics would have to be completely redone. Put it out as a remake under pkmn Stadium's name for the WiiU. But I'd rather see Snap 2 on it first.

Dangerous Genius

Necronium

Oh I thought it was released in 93, but it was in 96. I was off by three years, heh. sweatdrop

But yeah, games like Final Fantasy tried it out and uhm... it didn't work too well.
But I think it's a possibility for it to show up in spin-off games.

I personally prefer turn-based combat in Pokemon because of the planning needed and whatnot, trying to counter things and use your pokemon to the fullest.
Jumping around and spamming stuff is a bit more Smash Bros-esque, which gets tedious very quickly.

that's why i said one piece
one piece: romance dawn has a turn-based system to it
it's hard to dodge attacks, but you can move around the field and coordinate yourself well enough
it was an enjoyable experience
Albinus of Angers
It's not so much a transition as a completely different game. Battle mechanics would have to be completely redone. Put it out as a remake under pkmn Stadium's name for the WiiU. But I'd rather see Snap 2 on it first.

they'll probably do the same as they did with battle revolution
i don't think snap will get a remake though the wii u is perfect for that kind of thing

i'm feeling like it'd be more of a console game, my idea
it'd be hard to implement in the handhelds since pokemon's been the same for eighteen years

Dangerous Genius

Blind Red Dragon
If I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand more times

kingdom hearts play style but with pokemon, be more like the shows battles

imagine controlling the pokemon and being able to run and evade
could avoid conflict to boost
dodge
get behind them for better attacks

would have to change the PP system, maybe a mini charge bar for each attack

kingdom hearts style would have to do a complete overhaul if it were optimized for pokemans

it's definitely fast-paced
i'd rather win a battle by genuine skill rather than by luck and chance, since that's basically what the game regularly is
and a kingdom hearts style would be perfect for that, but extremely difficult to execute for the fact that they'd have to balance every pokemon out again

Justice Prophet

17,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Junior 100
I like how you removed the feature to allow us to vote down the topic. That's kind of funny.

As it stands, Pokemon is the 2nd top selling franchise of all time. Several years since its conception it has been the best selling franchise of the year. Clearly your knowledge on business practices is shady at best. There is no reason to change anything. I can't see the need to change anything on a business lvel.

Now from a game play standpoint, clearly you have yet to play games like Final Fantasy. Talk about a long game. Even Zelda's gameplay is twice as long. Pokemon X/Y required almost no grinding and had continuous events throughout the story. I'm not sure where the problem is.

If it was any faster, we'd have to grind more again. The fact that so much happens during the gameplay has allowed us to move at a good pace.

LuvlyMrDevil's Rival

Ruthless Survivor

I don't care about that idea.
Pokemon is an RPG game.
Rarely, if ever, are RPG games fast paced.
It is all about exploring and making the game your own with a wide variety of choices.
It being fast paced would ruin that and the story the build into each one.

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
The idea is very nice. I just can't picture how it would be, because I'm awful at picturing things. I don't see it happening though, because the majority of the fanbase would throw a bitchfit unless it was a spin-off.
fast-paced action pokemon is available in super smash bros.

other than that you have the toy pokemon game pokemon rumble, and pokepark. I don't have much any experience with pokemon ranger, but i think its a little bit more action-packed but probably not really..

Main game will stay turn-based, but if they ever changed the games they wouldn't be teen-friendly but kid-friendly, and that means less fun and seen as money-grabber.

Lonely Hunter

21,790 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Something like the Mystery Dungeon battles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff