Welcome to Gaia! ::

solomon514's Wife

Dedicated Regular

I get the show offs a lot. But a few i have gotten decent trades, gave one kid my shiny sudowoodo and he gave me a shiny Samurott in exchange.

OhSweetie's Wife

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yea it is the worst, I think because I have so many hours clocked into my game people think I am willing to either give stuff away or idk?? I haven't had a good random trade offer in a while, stickin' to Wondertrade xD

Shadowy Informer

One person indicated that they were looking for a Protean Froakie, so I offered to trade one. They showed a shiny Trevenant then canceled the trade . . . .

Fashionable Star

5,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Hero 100
  • Signature Look 250
People just like to show off their shinies or whatever. No one ever actually wants to trade anything... ._.

Kawaii Trash

I get people who show off and some who ask for "Shiny 4 shiny?"
and when I put up a shiny they put up normal Pokemon like no, that's a auto trade cancel for me lol. e v e

Oh and yesterday I got a trade request and the person said "3 shiny events for Hoopa eggs"
and then put up an egg and I was like just like "lol yeah no"

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
II Allen II
I actually met a very very clever passer by today. He/She nicknamed a bunch of pokemon that pretty much said "No Thank You" or "Arceus Plz" or something like that. It made the whole trading process so much easier. Got a Shiny Ho Oh from him/ her.

I actually met someone who did that to. Because of this, I now have a female Wobbuffet called No Thanks in my box.

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
This happens to me on occasion, I admit it can get pretty annoying...especially when someone keeps wanting to open a trade over and over even after you decline. :/
Usually when I DO decide to trade (one time I traded a shiny Luvdisc for a shiny Oddish), it's usually people showing off their (shiny) Legendaries.
I don't mind trading for FC, or giving someone a certain Pokemon they're looking for (I gave one person a Natu and another person a Totodile), it's just the showoffs that get on my nerves.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Not really, and most of the time I nickname a Pokémon so that the other person knows what I'm looking for.
I saw this topic and laughed. This has happened to me before. There was this kid once who kept asking me to trade, and when I accepted, he just started showing me all of his legendaries. I had to go offline so that he'd leave me alone. Never once have I met a Passerby who actually wanted to trade. Do they seriously think that other people care how many shinies they have? Pathetic.

Shameless Hoarder

22,750 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • I Voted! 25
All the people asking to trade are usually looking for legendaries. I've only had a couple just trying to show off.

II Allen II
I actually met a very very clever passer by today. He/She nicknamed a bunch of pokemon that pretty much said "No Thank You" or "Arceus Plz" or something like that. It made the whole trading process so much easier. Got a Shiny Ho Oh from him/ her.

I came across a trader that did that too! It's brilliant. I started doing that. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff