Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Star

7,325 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
alright biggrin

after more work i do believe i'm getting better, but i could always use more tips. seriously >.>

these are the one's i'm proud of.

This one is my friend's avi. She's suppose to be in black straight jacket. i did the best i could lol
User Image

This is the first one i tried making my own hair and outfit.
User Image

This one is a decent recolor
User Image

Then there's this one
User Image

Tips and harsh criticism welcome :"D

Dedicated Loiterer

What they need most is shading. Also those colors are kind of bright.
The first two, you got the shading pretty good, but on the last two, they were solid colors in spots. What you have to try to do is take parts of different trainers, and they already have the shading done for you. You just have to put in your desired color.

Have you tried to mix pokemon sprites?
They help you get a picture of how Pokemon pixels work.

I don't know if I've told you that before. XD I run around the forums so much and I've seen you around, so if I've repeated myself, please forgive me. :3
They look really flat and need shading, but first I think you should learn about how light and shadows work.
I noticed this the most on the girl with the purple shirt. I don't know what's up with her left shoulder area. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a light shining on her or she just has a weird multicolored shirt on.

Also, your colors are really bright- don't use those default colors if you're using MSPaint for these.
shading, and use pixels to their most, one single pixel can make it look more realistic. also try doing thing not many are doing, i make zombies XD and am experimenting with more full bodied vs banners
User Image

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
I concur with what other people are saying... You need more shading. For instance, the first one's socks/stockings need some grey on them to show the shadow. The Blue Girl... her clothes are rather bright and could use some shading, but I like the hair =) The Purple Girl could use some touch ups... and the Green Lass looks good to me... did you just recolor that one? Anyway, the best way to get them right is to look at in game sprites and pay close attention to detail in terms of shadows and color blending. Steal from the best and invent the rest! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff