Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Streaker

she said I'm too old for pokemon and I can't bring my games to university!
she said I'll have no friends if I spend all my time playing an antisocial game
I tried to explain that you can play it with your friends
and that I would only play it occasionally when I wasn't studying or with friends
but honestly why should I stop doing something I enjoy just because it's considered uncool and for little kids

Friendly Cultist

You shouldn't stop.
/thread

Dangerous Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
she just doesn't understand.just don't care and play it as much as you want.

Clean Streaker

I ended up telling her I wouldn't play it in university so she would buy me white 2 today
it's been pre ordered already but I don't want to clean out the piggy bank

Manly Hunter

That is so stupid. The whole point of university is to be on your own and make your own decisions. Bring it anyways!

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
This may be a silly question, and please don't take it as a criticism, but isn't university the point at which you more or less officially move out of your parents' authority, anyway? Not for tax dependencies or anything but... well, you *are* living on your own, and most likely working a job to pay your way. I assume "bringing your games to university" means you'll be getting a dorm or something. I don't think Mom gets to tell you what to do when you aren't "living under her roof" anymore. sweatdrop

Sugary Wench

12,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
If you're going off to college, you're an adult who can make decisions for yourself. If one of those decisions is choosing to play a game you find enjoyable then she can't stop you. Simple as that.

Noob

Drop out of school to become a Pokemon master.

Eloquent Elocutionist

I play on campus everyday. works wonders during those breaks that are too short to go chill at home, yet too long to stay on campus doing nothing.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Jeez, this makes me glad that my mom is chill and even plays Pokemon with me... Tell her that most Colleges and Unis have Pokemon clubs, all the ones I've been to/looked at have. It's a great way to make friends easily!

Clean Streaker

Raemyi
This may be a silly question, and please don't take it as a criticism, but isn't university the point at which you more or less officially move out of your parents' authority, anyway? Not for tax dependencies or anything but... well, you *are* living on your own, and most likely working a job to pay your way. I assume "bringing your games to university" means you'll be getting a dorm or something. I don't think Mom gets to tell you what to do when you aren't "living under her roof" anymore. sweatdrop

yes you're right but when I say my mom is crazy I mean it
she would hide or destroy my games to stop me from taking them if she had to :/ I'll have to be careful

Clean Streaker

MedicAudino
Jeez, this makes me glad that my mom is chill and even plays Pokemon with me... Tell her that most Colleges and Unis have Pokemon clubs, all the ones I've been to/looked at have. It's a great way to make friends easily!

yes I told here I could join a pokemon club :/
she's just always wanted a popular daughter that wears trendy clothes and likes shopping and make up and is always out with her friends
I honestly have like 2 friends that are girls :/ and I'd rather play pokemon than shop anyway
which is good because I won't have the money to go shopping anyway razz

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
dancer_beh

she's just always wanted a popular daughter that wears trendy clothes and likes shopping and make up and is always out with her friends
I honestly have like 2 friends that are girls :/ and I'd rather play pokemon than shop anyway

I don't know why some people hold expectations like that for their kids. Isn't enough that they are good people and try their best D: I digressed, sorry! Have fun with your new game and if you have the spare $3 get the Dream Radar in the eShop, it makes it even more fun c: And enjoy Uni, Pokemon and Anime clubs are a ton of fun heart

Clean Streaker

MedicAudino
dancer_beh

I don't know why some people hold expectations like that for their kids. Isn't enough that they are good people and try their best D: I digressed, sorry! Have fun with your new game and if you have the spare $3 get the Dream Radar in the eShop, it makes it even more fun c: And enjoy Uni, Pokemon and Anime clubs are a ton of fun heart

what is this dream radar?

Diligent Student

dancer_beh
MedicAudino
dancer_beh

what is this dream radar?

It's exclusive for 3DS. As Pokemon Dream Radar on your 3DS, you can capture some Pokemon and transfer Pokemon to your B/W 2 game card.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff