Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was anxiously waiting for the weather to change last night at around 11PM PST, and so I went to Celestial Tower to get Flannery. I kept running into a bunch of Litwicks and trainers (stupid Repel wont work~my friend told me the trick to it now though) until I built my way to the top. Finally, I talk to Flannery, ring the bell a few times, and start making my way back down. I had forgotten I had a Tranquill on my team that knew Fly, fortunately. So I kept going down the long winding stairs, running into Litwicks and running away. I was pretty tired at the time, and so I got into another Litwick battle. My character was about to throw out the first pokemon, Emolga, so the Litwick looked far away. I looked at it, and noticed it had a greenish-blueish flame. When it got to it's normal size, thus the battle officially starting, I knew it had to be a shiny, because all the other Litwicks were the same. Not this one. I used my Musharna (Lv50) to put it to sleep and switched out to Emolga again to start attacking. Now, I knew it had high attacks, so I used one that kept failing until I ran out of PP for the move. Then Emolga switched out (question at the end of story about that) and I sent out my...crap I can't remember. It was my lowest pokemon. Ah, my Tranquill. So I stared using Air Cutter, which didn't do much damage, and I got it's HP to red. Then I chucked pokeballs, and on the third one, I caught my shiny. It was a male Lv26 Litwick, and I named it Starry-Eye. After that I checked the time, and realized it was only two minutes before the season change. So I flew to Straiton City (some reason I always go there) and biked down the routes till I got to Nuvema. Then I went inside the PokeCenter and took out my Lillipup, Dwebble, two Litwicks (my shiny and my regular), and my Finneon (got it through a trade : D) and went down the route. Why these? Lillipup looks like a shitzu dog, and my dog is that kind, and so it represented my dog. His name is Beau. :] Dwebble, in representation of my hermit crabs that died a few years back. Finneon, for my beta fishes that died. And my Litwicks, because it'll be more special to sit by the window waiting for the first snowfall with two candles. I biked home, and waited. Unfortunately, I got in wild pokemon battles, forgetting about using repels. It wasted my time, and by the time I crossed the little route crosser thing, it was snowing. c: I went home anyway, said hi to mom, and played on the routes, finding a Deerling to give to the Weather People. c: That's my shiny story. It's my first shiny I had ever caught. And it's 100% legit. c:

Question: I got a Lv48 Female Emolga in a trade on the GTS. Whenever I knock out a pokemon with it, it says "Emolga went back to Whitlea!" and then I am forced to change pokemon. When I change, it says "[trainer] is taking out [pokemon]. Will Whitlea switch pokemon too?"

Is this a glitch?
Congratulations! : D Shiny Litwick is awesome.

...And I'm guessing you're using volt switch with your Emolga? With volt switch, your Pokemon attacks and then returns to you, allowing you to switch out. Then it goes back into the normal 'do you want to switch Pokemon'. It's not a glitch at all.
Anonymous Penguin
Congratulations! : D Shiny Litwick is awesome.

...And I'm guessing you're using volt switch with your Emolga? With volt switch, your Pokemon attacks and then returns to you, allowing you to switch out. Then it goes back into the normal 'do you want to switch Pokemon'. It's not a glitch at all.

I love my shiny Litwick. c:

Oh. Yeah. xD It's the only attack I have that inflicts damage on the opponent. xD

Alissindra's Wife

Wheezing Genius

4,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
"Deer Dance, an invitation to peace."

Shaii Wolfe:

Congrats!
My first shiny in Black was a female Deerling.
I don't think that females deers, (does), should have antlers.
So I gave her away.
I do miss her, though.

"War staring you in the face."

User Image

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
xx“What is going on here? What happened to me?”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxAwesome, I heave seen threads here of people saying that they have been hunting for hours for a shiny Litwik.
Unfortunately I haven't run into a shiny, EVER. /sob
Shaii Wolfe
User Image

Shaii Wolfe:

Congrats!
So I gave her away.
I do miss her, though.

User Image

Hm. Maybe a glitch? Females never had antlers, even in "Bambi". D:
Chiisana Tantei
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxAwesome, I heave seen threads here of people saying that they have been hunting for hours for a shiny Litwik.

Seriously? Link me to one? Oh, don't cry! -hugs- You'll find a shiny!

Alissindra's Wife

Wheezing Genius

4,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Maffiline
Shaii Wolfe
User Image

Shaii Wolfe:

Congrats!
So I gave her away.
I do miss her, though.

User Image

I just meant for when it evolves into Sawsbuck.
The females have antlers. Dx

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Brandisher 100
I had a friend that ran into a shiny Graveler in Platinum but it Self Destructed before he could catch it. sad

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

Maffiline
Chiisana Tantei

I saw them a while ago, so I can't link one.
I have been playing Pokemon since Yellow version, and no shinies. Hopefully I'll find one eventually.
I know there are no shinies in yellow.
Shaii Wolfe
Maffiline
Shaii Wolfe
User Image

Shaii Wolfe:

Congrats!
So I gave her away.
I do miss her, though.

User Image

I just meant for when it evolves into Sawsbuck.
The females have antlers. Dx

Wtf?! They should have a serparate evolution for it, like the third evolution for Pidove. It's different for m/f. D:
Archbold
I had a friend that ran into a shiny Graveler in Platinum but it Self Destructed before he could catch it. sad

Awh that sucks! D:
Chiisana Tantei
Maffiline
Chiisana Tantei

I saw them a while ago, so I can't link one.
I have been playing Pokemon since Yellow version, and no shinies. Hopefully I'll find one eventually.
I know there are no shinies in yellow.

That's cool! You will find one, don't worry.
Cool litwick! *o*
My first shiny (ever) was a Ferroseed I found in Chargestone Cave. I only noticed it was shiny cause it made a weird noise.
Parfait Parrot
Cool litwick! *o*
My first shiny (ever) was a Ferroseed I found in Chargestone Cave. I only noticed it was shiny cause it made a weird noise.

I'm guessing it's one of those pokemon where the color changes to a lighter shade when it's shiny? ._.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff