< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Spoopy Kitten

Alanoceros The 1st
xChibi Cannibalx
Alanoceros The 1st
xChibi Cannibalx
Alanoceros The 1st

Whose statement is wrong, mine?
The only things that effect Pokemon's stats are IV's, which are randomized, EV's, which are gained from battling other Pokemon, and natures. Nothing to do with gender.
I've actually gotten two Pokemon of different genders, both with the same nature, EV's and IV's, as well as the same level and their stats were the same.

IVs are not seen and apparently eefected by many things
The genders had more to do with it in the first few generations
And i think only effect specific pokemon in newer gens
Or not at all

Okay yeah, I believe I may have been off about IV's, I think that they do have to do with a certain few things, although nothing with gender.
Genders weren't in Gen I so stats differences in genders wouldn't make sense, and in Gen II it was shiny Pokemon who would have different stats and that's because shinyness was determined by a combination of IV's. If you really want to stretch it, Nidoqueen and Nidoking have different stats and their technically just the males and females of the same species, but that's really the only exception.

Who said they dont? You arnt reading the right websites. Gender does/did effect IV stats. It mightve only been by 5 or less stat points, but its still effected it.
Nidoqueen and nidoking do not count. They were made to be different with attacks and stats.
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/nidoking
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/nidoqueen

The question still stands; which gender do you prefer in a pokemon?
Even if you dont believe gender effects stats, you probly still have a preference

I've not read any info, I was going by what I know. I know that at least in the newer gens, gender doesn't affect IV's. It's entirely likely that I was wrong about older generations.
Also, yes, I know about Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Hence the "if you really want to stretch it" in my reply. They do both come from Nidoran, albeit different kinds of Nidoran, so they can be treated as different genders of the same species.

Now onto the question I've completely and accidentally ignored up until now, I don't prefer a gender although there are 2 exceptions. 1) If I'm trying to reference something with a nickname that would only make sense with one gender or the other, it really doesn't matter to me. Still, sometimes I wont pay attention to the gender and accidentally name a female Pokemon "Dave" or something.
2) Only one gender can evolve into a certain Pokemon, such as the case of Combee, or Burmy.

I know it effected in older pokemon gens but newer gens i think it only effects specific ones. Maybe starters, or maybe none, i dunno. Even the nidoran are made different tho. They learn differnt attacks as well as have different stats. Nidoqueen was made to learn a wide move pool while nidoking was made for revenge killing. In my opinion atleast; thats how id use them.

Never knew combee or burmy needed specific gender O.o Ive never cought or used them tho

Invisible Player

15,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I am not usually bothered my the gender of a pokemon.
But there are some pokemon I would like to be female only, example a Gardevoir (it feels really weird when its male).

not ur bae's Husband

Ruthless Grabber

5,525 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
If the Pokemon is a Major sweeper like Gyrados/Kingdra, I'll make it female. I can't afford someone using Attract. :c

But I don't really care. Sometimes I just go with the Pokemon's nature and how I think it would act in real life. biggrin
That's not true at all; IVs and EVs, as well as nature, determine a stat. Gender is no longer affected by IVs, which is why migration from Generations 1 and 2 was made obsolete; because they changed the IV system. Go onto Bulbapedia and see.

But I prefer female Pokemon because I'm a femiNazi who will flip if even a single Pokemon is male. Even the not so feminine Pokémon (Pinsir, Gastrodon, Kabutops, Scizor, Bouffalant, Watchog) in my boxes are female. The only Pokémon I prefer male would be Lucario (though I have a couple of females too).

Spoopy Kitten

The Child of Aura
That's not true at all; IVs and EVs, as well as nature, determine a stat. Gender is no longer affected by IVs, which is why migration from Generations 1 and 2 was made obsolete; because they changed the IV system. Go onto Bulbapedia and see.

But I prefer female Pokemon because I'm a femiNazi who will flip if even a single Pokemon is male. Even the not so feminine Pokémon (Pinsir, Gastrodon, Kabutops, Scizor, Bouffalant, Watchog) in my boxes are female. The only Pokémon I prefer male would be Lucario (though I have a couple of females too).

IVs are invisible and effected by many different things
Here is what i posted onto another thread about the same topic

Quote:
I think it still effects starters
Atleast on heartgold
Because i took a treecko male and female (hatched from eggs)
Trained from level 1 up to level 100
Same pokemon trained against as well as same nature and everything
And the male was 3 points better in sp attack
While the girl was 4 in defense and i think 2 on sp def
Rest of stats were equal
But since IVs are effected by many things i cant pin point it 100% on gender D:
However, i think gender still effects IVs; even if its by 1 point or so

This worked on 3 pokemon from my studies
Those 3 that worked were starters
Ive tried it on maybe 8 to 10 pokemon so far

I am trying this with pokemon in heart gold
And so far it seems to still work on starters
Tho i cannot prove it due to the fact IVs vary for many reasons
However, i still believe gender is a small factor
xChibi Cannibalx

Please stop trying to prove that gender affects stats. It only did that in generation 2. IV's are generated randomly upon meeting a wild pokemon or receiving one through breeding. The fact that you're using your own pokemon to prove your point suggests that all of your findings are mere coincidences.

Proof

This is what determines gender.

8,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It depends on the pokemon really.

Who wants to be seen with a female Machamp? Lol.

Familiar Hunter

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
IMO It depends on the Pokemon.
xChibi Cannibalx
The Child of Aura

Quote:
Atleast on heartgold
Rest of stats were equal

Well, I actually had two Gastly from SS, and they had the same Sp. Attack stat. One was a male that I hatched, the other was a Shiny female that I was fortunate enough to encounter, and they both had perfect Sp. Attack IVs (the male was bred for it, the female was freak chance). The male was a Rash nature, while the female was a Modest nature. When I leveled them up (fighting Golduck for Sp. Attack), they had the exact same stats. And my friend tested it on her two Torchic, Chan Lee and Chun Lee.

Spoopy Kitten

Pikachew
xChibi Cannibalx

Please stop trying to prove that gender affects stats. It only did that in generation 2. IV's are generated randomly upon meeting a wild pokemon or receiving one through breeding. The fact that you're using your own pokemon to prove your point suggests that all of your findings are mere coincidences.

Proof

I keep saying i THINK it still effects it
Im trying to see if it still is or not
I dont give a flying rat if no one else feels like conducting the same experiment
You have every right to say im wrong as much as im allowed to say you are

Edit :: http://pokemondb.net/mechanics/hidden
Check that link
It also says gender effense PVs
This counters one of yer links, the second one

Spoopy Kitten

Mean Moose
It depends on the pokemon really.

Who wants to be seen with a female Machamp? Lol.

Me :3

Spoopy Kitten

The Child of Aura
xChibi Cannibalx
The Child of Aura

Quote:
Atleast on heartgold
Rest of stats were equal

Well, I actually had two Gastly from SS, and they had the same Sp. Attack stat. One was a male that I hatched, the other was a Shiny female that I was fortunate enough to encounter, and they both had perfect Sp. Attack IVs (the male was bred for it, the female was freak chance). The male was a Rash nature, while the female was a Modest nature. When I leveled them up (fighting Golduck for Sp. Attack), they had the exact same stats. And my friend tested it on her two Torchic, Chan Lee and Chun Lee.

Thats why im testing and experimenting o 3o
I dunno if it still works or not
Or if it is just specific pokemon
Because google doesnt help much
Im trying to find out by myself

Spoopy Kitten

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
If I find a pokemon I want, I don't care what type it is.
xChibi Cannibalx
Pikachew
xChibi Cannibalx

Proof

I keep saying i THINK it still effects it
Im trying to see if it still is or not
I dont give a flying rat if no one else feels like conducting the same experiment
You have every right to say im wrong as much as im allowed to say you are

Edit :: http://pokemondb.net/mechanics/hidden
Check that link
It also says gender effense PVs
This counters one of yer links, the second one

That link does nothing but simplify the second link I gave you about personality values.

Gender doesn't affect PVs. It's the other way around. PVs affect the gender. There is nothing on that page that says gender affects stats directly. As a matter of fact, it supports my statement that it's all randomized.

You're experimenting for no reason. You've been given mathematical facts that can't be challenged. Stop trying.
emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces