Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Generator

Erin puppy
Luna Azume
I think there is a limit, but depending on how good the block is you could potentially max out two, IDK. I did a lot of contests in platinum so it might be different tho.
ah, that does sound familiar
i remember failing at this back in 3rd gen

Like, there's the Sheen factor, which limits how many poffins could be fed, and I'm gonna assume blocks are similar since I've never really done any Gen III contests. And I think I got my Lucario's Cool + Beauty really high...

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

The Frankachu
Erin puppy
I've only trained for specific abilities because most pokéblocks usually boost only one and have used different pokémon for specific contests back in Ruby and Sapphire.
yeah I was planning on getting some pokemon to play contest with, and figured they should specialize in just one type of contest.. then i was feeling greedy and wondering how many ribbons i could win with one pokemon xD

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Erin puppy
The Frankachu
Erin puppy
I've only trained for specific abilities because most pokéblocks usually boost only one and have used different pokémon for specific contests back in Ruby and Sapphire.
yeah I was planning on getting some pokemon to play contest with, and figured they should specialize in just one type of contest.. then i was feeling greedy and wondering how many ribbons i could win with one pokemon xD
I think the only way possible is if you feed your pokémon berries afterward to reduce their ability down so you can feed them pokéblocks of another type. You'd also have to see which moves to use to correspond with which type of contest(s) you're going for.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

The Frankachu
Erin puppy
The Frankachu
Erin puppy
I think the only way possible is if you feed your pokémon berries afterward to reduce their ability down so you can feed them pokéblocks of another type. You'd also have to see which moves to use to correspond with which type of contest(s) you're going for.

i wish we knew the contest types for newer moves already, esp fairy moves

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Erin puppy
We'll have to just wait and see. 3nodding

Supportive Seraph

callisto_025
I'm really looking forward to playing the contest with people on wifi. It will give people something else to shoot for if they don't play competitive battles.
      Has this been confirmed?
      Please tell me it has been.
      emotion_kirakira

Friendly Phantom

9,175 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Psycho Koneko
callisto_025
I'm really looking forward to playing the contest with people on wifi. It will give people something else to shoot for if they don't play competitive battles.
      Has this been confirmed?
      emotion_kirakira

Idk I hope that they will put it in.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

Psycho Koneko
callisto_025
      Has this been confirmed?
      emotion_kirakira
idk if any new info has been released about it. but in the original r/s/e there was multiplayer contest, so it would be kind of dumb for them to not include it in a remake, right?
that's what i am excited about too, it will be nice to be able to have something else to do with people besides battle

Supportive Seraph

Erin puppy
Psycho Koneko
callisto_025
      Has this been confirmed?
      emotion_kirakira
idk if any new info has been released about it. but in the original r/s/e there was multiplayer contest, so it would be kind of dumb for them to not include it in a remake, right?
that's what i am excited about too, it will be nice to be able to have something else to do with people besides battle
      That makes logical sense to me, but Nintendo doesn't always do what makes sense.
      I'm currently doing a of Nuzlocke of Emerald and I forgot the contests aren't anywhere but Lillycove City.
      I'm waiting for this and hoping (despite already being sure it won't happen) that we can customize our trainers again.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

Psycho Koneko
Erin puppy
Psycho Koneko
callisto_025
      Has this been confirmed?
      emotion_kirakira
      That makes logical sense to me, but Nintendo doesn't always do what makes sense.
      I'm currently doing a of Nuzlocke of Emerald and I forgot the contests aren't anywhere but Lillycove City.
      I'm waiting for this and hoping (despite already being sure it won't happen) that we can customize our trainers again.

omg im so glad im not the only one still desperately still hoping for trainer customization -.- uhg, they are truely idiots if they take that away from us. i dont care if it's a remake.. its gotta have SOME new stuff so it appeals to more. stressed

Supportive Seraph

Erin puppy
omg im so glad im not the only one still desperately still hoping for trainer customization -.- uhg, they are truely idiots if they take that away from us. i dont care if it's a remake.. its gotta have SOME new stuff so it appeals to more. stressed
      I'm relieved that I'm not the only person hoping against hope right now.
      The customization was literally the only reason I finally played a Pokemon game as my own gender.
      Because I don't want to run around in a ******** tiny mini-skirt/short-shorts.
      emotion_donotwant

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

Psycho Koneko
Erin puppy
      I'm relieved that I'm not the only person hoping against hope right now.
      The customization was literally the only reason I finally played a Pokemon game as my own gender.
      Because I don't want to run around in a ******** tiny mini-skirt/short-shorts.
      emotion_donotwant
I like skirts, but I don't like looking just like everyone else, how lame. I want to see people trainer designs and feel like im battling against another real trainer.
also, the reasons i think they should REALLY still have it is
a. different skin tone was a huge step in the right direction, be pretty a*****e of them to take that away specially for people of darker skin tones
b. their eyes are that ugly gray color we all started with on xy, so pls give us real eye colors?
of course those things only have to do with the base, i'm still hoping for different clothes. ToT

Supportive Seraph

Erin puppy
I like skirts, but I don't like looking just like everyone else, how lame. I want to see people trainer designs and feel like im battling against another real trainer.
also, the reasons i think they should REALLY still have it is
a. different skin tone was a huge step in the right direction, be pretty a*****e of them to take that away specially for people of darker skin tones
b. their eyes are that ugly gray color we all started with on xy, so pls give us real eye colors?
of course those things only have to do with the base, i'm still hoping for different clothes. ToT
      I don't and the generalization that all girl trainers want to dress in tiny mini-skirts is irritating.
      I do like having all trainers having some variation to them rather than two models separated by gender alone.
      I don't use the darker skin tones, but I can easily see why some people would want to keep them.
      As for eye color, I barely pay attention to that as is.
      I just want to be have pants, change my hair color/style, and shirts that don't have our belly/pre-puberty breasts showing.
      I just want some variety like in X/Y if that's too much to ask.
      And for the love of Mew, I don't want to be forced to wear a hat!
      OTL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces