Welcome to Gaia! ::

Or a shiny starter ?
Get extremely lucky when you first encounter them, or soft reset until you get one. Soft resetting is saving before you choose the starter/battle legendary so that if it's not shiny, you turn the DS off and repeat until it's shiny.
Blackforest0
Get extremely lucky when you first encounter them, or soft reset until you get one. Soft resetting is saving before you choose the starter/battle legendary so that if it's not shiny, you turn the DS off and repeat until it's shiny.
Do they look shiny before you interact with them ?

Gracious Gawker

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0
They don't, and it requires ALOT of patience.
Sarferios Blazestrom
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0
Ohh .So i guess its harder to find a legendary shiny than a normal shiny ,rite?
Stygian Phantom
Sarferios Blazestrom
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0

Yep. A lot harder.
depends

you cant get shiny zekrom or reshiram or victini or zoroark in b/w

Alien Worshipper

Blackforest0
Stygian Phantom
Sarferios Blazestrom
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0

Yep. A lot harder.

This is a lie.

It's the same encounter rate. But actually, it's easier because it's right there.
Diabolical Indulgence
Blackforest0
Stygian Phantom
Sarferios Blazestrom
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0

Yep. A lot harder.

This is a lie.

It's the same encounter rate. But actually, it's easier because it's right there.

Oh...didn't think of that. It's been a while since I've tried to soft reset for a shiny.

Gracious Gawker

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Blackforest0
Stygian Phantom
Sarferios Blazestrom
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0

Yep. A lot harder.
Actually the chances for a shiny legendary or shiny normal pokemon are the same. But it seems as it if is alot harder with legendaries since you encounter normal pokemon all the time.
save then keep starting over bfore u get to the pokemon and see if it might be shiny biggrin

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
Diabolical Indulgence
Blackforest0
Stygian Phantom
Sarferios Blazestrom
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0

Yep. A lot harder.

This is a lie.

actually they coded ZEC and RASH to not be shiny at all!

Alien Worshipper

Ciel Nite

actually they coded ZEC and RASH to not be shiny at all!

There's still Kyurem and all that. :U

6,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
pokemon is awesome!

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sarferios Blazestrom
Blackforest0
Stygian Phantom
Sarferios Blazestrom
Stygian Phantom
Blackforest0

Yep. A lot harder.
Actually the chances for a shiny legendary or shiny normal pokemon are the same. But it seems as it if is alot harder with legendaries since you encounter normal pokemon all the time.

Well, actually, that's only true for the newer games.

And actually, if you think about it, Shiny Legendaries ARE harder to obtain considering the catch ratio for a legendary is significantly lower than that of a normal. The most rare of the shiny legendaries are ones caught with a regular pokeball (Technically speaking, Shiny Legendaries' catch ratio gains a boost (In terms of difficulty), but the boost is so miniscule, that it's not even a real issue). It's easy enough to catch a legendary or shiny legendary with a Masterball or Ultra Ball. But the most trade requested are the ones caught with regular pokeballs as it's basically a testament to your overwhelming luck.

Out of a total 30 Shiny Legendary encounters (Spanning from Silver to Diamond), I've only managed to successfully capture a shiny legendary w/ a regular pokeball ONCE. And that was a Blue Mew on Emerald. I HAVE, however, managed to catch 3 Shiny Legendaries with Great Balls (Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Arceus, and Shiny Darkrai). All of the rest were either caught with Ultra Balls or Masterballs.

In my opinion, the hardest Shiny pokemon to acquire would be a Red Gyarados. Out of the nearly hundreds of Shiny encounters I've had, not ONCE have I ever been so fortunate as to encounter a Red Gyarados. Or a Gold Magikarp for that matter, either. If I could somehow get my hands on a level one, untrained shiny Magikarp, I would be freaking happy as hell. I'm pretty efficient in EV training, so I could definitely make it into a beast.

But, of course, the coolest looking shiny in my opinion, is either a Deoxys or a Charizard. I used to have both on my Diamond a while ago, and I got trade requests for them all of the time. And of couse, I never did trade them. They were pretty much the pride of my collection. Lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff