Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cesihl's Prince

Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
I decided to try and predict the next set of gyms based off what we've seen in the past.

Water: 5 Gyms (I'm including Cress.)
Electric: 4 Gyms
Ice: 3 Gyms
Rock: 3 Gyms
Flying: 3 Gyms
Grass: 3 Gyms (Including Cilan.)
Fire: 3 Gyms (Including Chili.)
Ground: 3 Gyms
Normal: 3 Gyms.
Fighting: 3 Gyms
Poison: 2 Gyms
Psychic: 2 Gyms.
Bug: 2 Gyms
Steel: 2 Gyms
Dragon: 2 Gyms
Ghost: 2 Gyms
Various: 1

So I'm guessing the next Gen will probably have Poison, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, Bug, Steel, Water, and Electric. Hopefully a dark gym.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Various? Oh do you mean Blue's gym in GS/HGSS?

Cesihl's Prince

Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Various? Oh do you mean Blue's gym in GS/HGSS?

Yeah.

Every generation has had a water gym so I'm assuming we'd get another one.
1.Rock
2.Bug
3.Dark
4.Psychic
5.Ghost
6.Normal
7.Fighting or ice
8.Dragon or Fire

Just like GSC/HGSS did, the gym that you complete is strong against the next gym.

So rock (which has always been the first gym in each gen it was in).
Rock is good against bug, help from the rock type tm from the gym.
Bug is good against dark,
I'd ******** love a Dark type gym.
Dark is good against psychic.

Now Psychic isn't good against ghost but there are a couple ghost/poison's so it would be good against them (or it could just be a poison type gym.)

Ghost isn't ''good'' against normal but it's immune, so it breaks the chain again, and so does the last one,
Seven is fighting or ice, because the fighting would be a challenge, and ice type gyms are always the seventh gym leader in even numbered gens.

And last would be dragon, weak against ice, or they could switch it up and have fire as the last gym, which is strong against/resistant to ice.

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
ground has only had 2 gyms

Clay and Giovanni. whats the third ground gym?

Chii_Chan16's Husband

Timid Loiterer

I only want to know if there's a Dark type gym. I don't care about the other gyms or what order they're in.

Fluffy Gambler

If you're counting Misty for Gen 2, why are you not counting some of the other Kanto Leaders, like Janine, which makes 3 Poison.
Art Imitating Life
If you're counting Misty for Gen 2, why are you not counting some of the other Kanto Leaders, like Janine, which makes 3 Poison.

Misty isn't being counted twice; the water leaders are Misty, Wallace/Juan, Crasher Wake, and Marlon. 3nodding

The counts do not double up on Koga/Janine, on Wallace/Juan, nor (oddly?) on Lenora/Cheren.

Fluffy Gambler

Sandokiri
Art Imitating Life

Misty isn't being counted twice; the water leaders are Misty, Wallace/Juan, Crasher Wake, and Marlon. 3nodding

The counts do not double up on Koga/Janine, on Wallace/Juan, nor (oddly?) on Lenora/Cheren.

He noted there was "a Water Gym every Gen."
Art Imitating Life
He noted there was "a Water Gym every Gen."

Second didn't have its own water gym. Or, to be more precise, Johto doesn't - the revisit to Kanto involves (with one exception, Blaine) the same gyms with (with one exception, Blue) the same types and (with two exceptions, Blue and Janine) the same leaders.

Yes, it can be argued that Koga and Janine should count as different leaders - but Lenora and Cheren are even more different, in that they have different gyms at different positions in the order (second and first respectively.)

Yet Lenora and Cheren are not being counted as separate normal-type leaders, or else we'd have four (with Whitney and Norman.)

Nor are Drayden and Iris counted separately (the one you fight depends on what game you're playing,) but the brothers are (the one you fight is effective vs. your starter.)

Space Genius

Hmmm.... how about Annoying Pokemon Gym? They should have their own, so they won't appear later in game to be a pain in a**.

Friendly Fatcat

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
1. Ground. (Probably standard fare.)
2. Bug. (A gentle difficulty spike; probably standard fare with some gimmick.)
3. Fire (Probably a bit of an obstacle for those without water types.)
4. Steel. (A defensive gym; probably something that'll give people a relatively hard time.)
5. Ghost. (Either this or the next will be a nasty difficulty spike--late gyms tend to do that.)
6. Dark. (See above, but I'd probably say they're really going to prove they don't have the kidgloves on at this point.)
7. Water. (Obligatory; probably a bit of a breather compared to the last two.)
8. Psychic. (Nightmare. Just plain nightmare.)

...Admittedly, I'm just trying to base my assumptions on stuff they haven't used yet, or types of bosses.

Tipsy Vampire

I'm severely hoping for a dark gym!

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image
Seems like there will be a Bug Gym for sure...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff