******** THAT MESS! 0.15 15.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]
1 2 3 >

Justice Ally

10,550 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
So I was looking at Fennekin and it's evolution over again and, in my opinion, they're extremely feminine. What if this will be our first actual female starter? I know we CAN get female starters but it's such a low chance. What if a male Fennekin is rare?

Thoughts?

Lonely Prophet

11,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Chikorita looks feminine.
Torchic looks feminine.
Piplup looks feminine.
Snivy looks feminine.

Gender ratios stay the same regardless of appearance.

Distinct Gaian

Felding
Torchic looks feminine.
Piplup looks feminine.
Snivy looks feminine.

The only one of those I ever thought of as more feminine would be chikorita. And even then, I think fennekin's second evo looks more feminine.

I was also thinking it could be an exception to the mainly male starters...though, I feel they're always more male so it's tougher (needing a ditto) to breed them.

Side note, reminds me of the mithra in FFXI, where only pc mithra must be female because the male tend to stay back if I'm remmbering correctly.

Lonely Prophet

11,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Main Page Nitemare Headba
Felding
Torchic looks feminine.
Piplup looks feminine.
Snivy looks feminine.

The only one of those I ever thought of as more feminine would be chikorita. And even then, I think fennekin's second evo looks more feminine.

I was also thinking it could be an exception to the mainly male starters...though, I feel they're always more male so it's tougher (needing a ditto) to breed them.

Side note, reminds me of the mithra in FFXI, where only pc mithra must be female because the male tend to stay back if I'm remmbering correctly.

The Mithra are role reversed, yes.
The females are hunters, while the males are gatherers for lack of a better comparison.
From the moment I saw Fennekin, I immediately noticed the feminine characteristics that surround it.
The shape of the body is sleek and the eyes seem to have some sort of eyelash factor to 'em. These are traits that most females tend to carry. Not only that, but the wolf is to man as the fox is to woman.

If that makes sense; I'm trying not to make myself appear as sexist.

EDIT: Fennekin are now metal.
"Fennekin are known to snack on twigs."

Gaian

"As much as I'd love to finally have a Starter that had as good a chance of being female as it did to be male, I don't think they're gonna break that tradition anytime soon. I do agree that they're extremely feminine. No doubt Fennekin's final evolution will be just as feminine if not more.

If I do end up choosing Fennekin though, you can bet I'll be soft resetting for a female."

Friendly Cultist

It would be interesting to see if that have two gender exclusive starters. The problem is the only one that really leans towards one gender is Fennekin, but it'd be interesting.

I do hope it has a higher chance to be female. I never really understood why the starters were all had such a high chance of being male. It's a weird "tradition".

Greedy Smoker

I hate that Pokemon are gendered and thus I don't care.

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Every time I got a Chicorita back in SS, I always would get a female... so it could definitely happen that some starters have an invisibly higher female ratio than others. 3nodding

Justice Ally

10,550 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Every time I got a Chicorita back in SS, I always would get a female... so it could definitely happen that some starters have an invisibly higher female ratio than others. 3nodding

So was mine!
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Dat coincidence.

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Venom-Demon
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Dat coincidence.

Right?!

Dapper Dabbler

I doubt it. I thought Chikorita was girly too, but it has the same gender ratio as all the others.
everyone keeps saying chikorita looks feminine.

IT'S A ******** GREEN BLOB-ISH DINOSAUR WITH A LEAF OF IT'S HEAD.

what the hell is your idea of 'feminine?'
chikorita has no girly colors, bows, or other accessories. it certainly doesn't LOOK like a woman. it looks like a monster.

I think you are all brain washed from that annoying female chikorita from the anime.

torchic doesn't look lady like. it looks like a chicken.
snivy doens't look lady like, it looks like a ******** lizard/snake.

on topic: braixen does 'look' like it's wearing a dress. but the truth is, it's not a dress. it's fur. weirdly shaped and oddly positioned fur.
both male and female foxes have fur.

Friendly Cultist

Erin puppy
everyone keeps saying chikorita looks feminine.

IT'S A ******** GREEN BLOB-ISH DINOSAUR WITH A LEAF OF IT'S HEAD.

what the hell is your idea of 'feminine?'
chikorita has no girly colors, bows, or other accessories. it certainly doesn't LOOK like a woman. it looks like a monster.

I think you are all brain washed from that annoying female chikorita from the anime.

torchic doesn't look lady like. it looks like a chicken.
snivy doens't look lady like, it looks like a ******** lizard/snake.

on topic: braixen does 'look' like it's wearing a dress. but the truth is, it's not a dress. it's fur. weirdly shaped and oddly positioned fur.
both male and female foxes have fur.

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas