Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Man-Lover

(Clever Wing, Genius Wing, etc.)
Okay, so I'm having trouble understanding what these things do and how exactly you get them to do it.

Presently, I am under the impression that when you use them on a Pokemon, when that Pokemon gains enough experience to grow a level, it's stats (attack, sp.defense, speed, etc.) will raise an additional amount of points in accordance to the number of specific wings you used.

Now, I have a Ducklett, officially my favourite Pokemon of the 5th generation, with highly unfavourable stats. So, I used ALL my collected wings beefing the crap out of it so it could become a more valuable member of my team, yet when it leveled up next, it merely gained a 3 for HP and then 1s across the board. Same as usual.

Am I unaware of the true effect of these wings? Am I using them wrong? How can I make my Ducklett stronger if wings are not for buffing a Pokemon's stats??

Thanks!
--Kendo

Alissindra's Wife

Wheezing Genius

4,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
"There's blood on my hands, like the blood in you!"

Shaii Wolfe:

They're basically the same thing as Protein, Iron, etc.
Except that these are free.

"Some things can't be treated, so don't make me be myself around you!"
Kikendo-kun
(Clever Wing, Genius Wing, etc.)
Okay, so I'm having trouble understanding what these things do and how exactly you get them to do it.

Presently, I am under the impression that when you use them on a Pokemon, when that Pokemon gains enough experience to grow a level, it's stats (attack, sp.defense, speed, etc.) will raise an additional amount of points in accordance to the number of specific wings you used.

Now, I have a Ducklett, officially my favourite Pokemon of the 5th generation, with highly unfavourable stats. So, I used ALL my collected wings beefing the crap out of it so it could become a more valuable member of my team, yet when it leveled up next, it merely gained a 3 for HP and then 1s across the board. Same as usual.

Am I unaware of the true effect of these wings? Am I using them wrong? How can I make my Ducklett stronger if wings are not for buffing a Pokemon's stats??

Thanks!
--Kendo

3 actually is a lot, u dont get heaps at once but like over time as you lvl the stats will add up to be more.

Conservative Man-Lover

But I still don't understand what exactly they do. I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Blue, and I've NEVER been one to use items and spend money on items, in Pokemon and any game really. I have no idea how the logistics work behind those items you mentioned and all the wings I mentioned.
Will they in fact help my Ducklett's stats? How can I tell if it's stats keep going up by only 1 point?
Kikendo-kun
But I still don't understand what exactly they do. I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Blue, and I've NEVER been one to use items and spend money on items, in Pokemon and any game really. I have no idea how the logistics work behind those items you mentioned and all the wings I mentioned.
Will they in fact help my Ducklett's stats? How can I tell if it's stats keep going up by only 1 point?

for example, if your lvl 1 pokemon gets +2hp every lvl then at lvl 10 it will have 20hp but if you use the item and it gets +3 every lvl at lvl 10 it will have 30hp. It makes a big difference at the higher lvls.

Conservative Man-Lover

But I used multiples of every wing on my Ducklett, and all it gained was 1 point on every stat other than HP. (Which seems to be a highly increasing stat in all my Pokemon. Probably because I train on Audino's by the sounds of Bulbapedia. That's about the only part of the article that makes sense xD)
Kikendo-kun
But I used multiples of every wing on my Ducklett, and all it gained was 1 point on every stat other than HP. (Which seems to be a highly increasing stat in all my Pokemon. Probably because I train on Audino's by the sounds of Bulbapedia. That's about the only part of the article that makes sense xD)

Well i didnt think you could or should use every single type of wing, only like one or two stats o.0

Conservative Man-Lover

ONLY ONE WING!?! That's incredibly lame. Are you sure? And even so, I'm about 85% positive I didn't use the HP Wing first, so how come it's the only stat of the bunch getting anywhere. (And even more upsetting yet, Ducklett's HP is STILL the lowest of my entire party, even though all of my Pokemon are the same level.)
I just want a strong Ducklett T^T
Kikendo-kun
ONLY ONE WING!?! That's incredibly lame. Are you sure? And even so, I'm about 85% positive I didn't use the HP Wing first, so how come it's the only stat of the bunch getting anywhere. (And even more upsetting yet, Ducklett's HP is STILL the lowest of my entire party, even though all of my Pokemon are the same level.)
I just want a strong Ducklett T^T

I didn't say only one wing /facepalm. and it's hp is lower coz some naturally have high hp and some naturally have low hp and also could be coz it hasn't evolved yet. You also don't need heaps of hp to be strong.

Conservative Man-Lover

HP is actually not even my concern. It's Ducklett's atk and sp.atk.
By far lower than any other Pokemon of mine at 34 and 36, respectively. Level 32 Ducklett.
My only Pokemon of the party to have evolved at all are Lillipup into Herdier and Tepig into Pignite.
I dunno, maybe I'm reading too far into it, but Ducklett can really only hold it's own when it has type advantage. And even then it's not as quick as battles with my other Pokemon when they have type advantage.
Stupid Wings. I still don't understand them xD
Kikendo-kun
HP is actually not even my concern. It's Ducklett's atk and sp.atk.
By far lower than any other Pokemon of mine at 34 and 36, respectively. Level 32 Ducklett.
My only Pokemon of the party to have evolved at all are Lillipup into Herdier and Tepig into Pignite.
I dunno, maybe I'm reading too far into it, but Ducklett can really only hold it's own when it has type advantage. And even then it's not as quick as battles with my other Pokemon when they have type advantage.
Stupid Wings. I still don't understand them xD

just wait until it evolves and it should be a lot stronger, thats what happened with me, i had a really weak one but it lasted until evolution and then it pwned

Autobiographer

The reason why your Ducklett didn't become awfully strong because of one more level is that the bonuses from the Wings(much like Vitamins) are spread over many levels, not just one.
Actually, I was wondering about this for a long time myself, then read about it somewhere. It cleared this for me XD

8,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
What the first poster said, they are basically Like iron, calcium, and all that other good stuff. But you have to use two, do boost up whatever stat you want higher.

at least, thats what I've observed.

Conservative Man-Lover

So if I go back to the Drawbridge, collect a s**t-tonne of wings, and use them all on my Ducklett AGAIN, the stats may start to improve higher than 1 all the time? And the effects of these wings last through every level Ducklett gains?? Is that what I'm to understand? biggrin ?

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Swanna's base stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 87
Defense: 63
Sp.Atk: 87
Sp.Def: 63
Speed: 98

And depending on your pokemon nature, EVs, IVs, more gets added on.
By feeding it wings or vitamins, you're giving it EV points into certain stats.
Every 4 points = +1 stat point.
The max any stat can have is 255.
The max EV points a pokemon can have is 510.
So you can basically max out 2 stats, adding 63 stat points in total.
Again, as people said, it's spread over the levels.
You won't see any major increases in the beginning, but in the long run it will add up.

I don't know if the wings have any limits. I know for vitamins, it'll only go up to 100 EVs (10 vitamins).
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces