Other - Leave a Post why 0.2 20.0% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Dapper Gekko

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
I think the biggest problem was that there wasn't too much exploration into any new mechanics offered in ORAS. The only thing truly making it worthwhile was the introduction of updated graphics and a Mega Stone available in said Demo. Beyond that, it felt like a last minute edition to keep the hype for the game strong.
Anyone can, quite literally, beat all ten "days" in under twenty minutes. I would have much rather explored Lilycove, that way we could get a small taste of contests potentially. Over all, it just was a big refresher of everything already showed without giving a few crumbs of what everyone is really excited for.
Granted, this is, basically, the first real Pokémon demo. I'm sure it's not something they're used to doing at all. That being said, I offer a bit of slack for the lack of any real kind of gameplay sneak peak.
The demo should not be taken as the real game due to how short it is and the lack of content is shows. Is it worth offering a pack of shinies and legendary Pokémon in forums and such to get the demo? No. Did it successfully keep some hype until the release date on the 21st? Mildly. 6 out of 10 as far as demos go.
P.S.
The sneaky-sneakin' was kinda fun to see in action though.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm not too into Serebii anymore but if I recall he has someone relatively fluent in Japanese translate the news. There's a page on the Japanese pokemon website that mentions playing every day to unlock something. Both hand-translation and google translate can tell you that much.
So there's definitely supposed to be something you get from playing it every day. I'd assume you'd need to beat a scenario each day since that's the only time the game saves.

Also, yeah, uh, I enjoyed it so far. If I have to play the same scenarios for a month I'm not sure I'll keep enjoying it, but I like the music. The faraway island theme they use nearly every time you go with Steven is one of my favorite tracks.
Don't really care for Glalie, but it's still fun to see the UI changes, the changes in movement... being able to sneak up on pokemon.
I wish they included secret bases in the demo but there's not much point I guess.

Original Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
MoeFox616
I think the biggest problem was that there wasn't too much exploration into any new mechanics offered in ORAS. The only thing truly making it worthwhile was the introduction of updated graphics and a Mega Stone available in said Demo. Beyond that, it felt like a last minute edition to keep the hype for the game strong.
Anyone can, quite literally, beat all ten "days" in under twenty minutes. I would have much rather explored Lilycove, that way we could get a small taste of contests potentially. Over all, it just was a big refresher of everything already showed without giving a few crumbs of what everyone is really excited for.
Granted, this is, basically, the first real Pokémon demo. I'm sure it's not something they're used to doing at all. That being said, I offer a bit of slack for the lack of any real kind of gameplay sneak peak.
The demo should not be taken as the real game due to how short it is and the lack of content is shows. Is it worth offering a pack of shinies and legendary Pokémon in forums and such to get the demo? No. Did it successfully keep some hype until the release date on the 21st? Mildly. 6 out of 10 as far as demos go.
P.S.

I was hoping I'd get to do a little contest fun, as I've never played Gen 3 or 4, so Contests are not something I've ever done but look forward too with my flashy and elegant styles, definatly something I'm eager to do and even researched a bit.

Sneaking was fun, but I wish to know what makes the pokemon so special. Does it have it's Hidden Ability? Are it's IV's better? The other fun part is tag-teaming with a mega-evolver with a shiny that's not an actual person.

Also, Blaziken is the only one who gets to use it's Mega-Ability among the starters, I haven't seen an electric type, not that the AI is stupid to electric attack a double resistor anyways, and there is no way to make it rain with Swampert. This really disapoints me as we've already gotten to use Blaziken's ability.

Original Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
BerserkLeon
I'm not too into Serebii anymore but if I recall he has someone relatively fluent in Japanese translate the news. There's a page on the Japanese pokemon website that mentions playing every day to unlock something. Both hand-translation and google translate can tell you that much.
So there's definitely supposed to be something you get from playing it every day. I'd assume you'd need to beat a scenario each day since that's the only time the game saves.

Also, yeah, uh, I enjoyed it so far. If I have to play the same scenarios for a month I'm not sure I'll keep enjoying it, but I like the music. The faraway island theme they use nearly every time you go with Steven is one of my favorite tracks.
Don't really care for Glalie, but it's still fun to see the UI changes, the changes in movement... being able to sneak up on pokemon.
I wish they included secret bases in the demo but there's not much point I guess.

Did anyone honestly consider that you play each day IN GAME, not in real life. Since there 10 scenarios before they loop without a reward.

This cna easily be mistranslated.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nipsy the Succubus
BerserkLeon

Did anyone honestly consider that you play each day IN GAME, not in real life. Since there 10 scenarios before they loop without a reward.

This cna easily be mistranslated.

Steven mentions giving you his metagross 'one day'. I think that's in the actual game, but that might be it.
Someone's found text hinting at someone possibly giving you nuggets, that might be it.

There's that "Let's go somewhere secret" that could be the reward? http://imgur.com/a/R7JKR
Whichever, I doubt that it's just the rewards you get for playing 10 times. They don't mention days in the demo at all. And the word for day is very different from the word for 'times' in the context of 'you've visited me x times' or 'you cleared the demo x times'.

Dapper Gekko

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Nipsy the Succubus
MoeFox616
P.S.

I was hoping I'd get to do a little contest fun, as I've never played Gen 3 or 4, so Contests are not something I've ever done but look forward too with my flashy and elegant styles, definatly something I'm eager to do and even researched a bit.

Sneaking was fun, but I wish to know what makes the pokemon so special. Does it have it's Hidden Ability? Are it's IV's better? The other fun part is tag-teaming with a mega-evolver with a shiny that's not an actual person.

Also, Blaziken is the only one who gets to use it's Mega-Ability among the starters, I haven't seen an electric type, not that the AI is stupid to electric attack a double resistor anyways, and there is no way to make it rain with Swampert. This really disapoints me as we've already gotten to use Blaziken's ability.

I think it might be something like with the Pokeradar or in Black and White where you could only find specific Pokemon via the shaking grass. That, or Hidden Abilities is plausible. That, or it's just a fun little thing because you can actually see the Pokémon in the grass for once. Who's to say?
It sucked, just how RSE sucked.

Demonic Hellraiser

6,800 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Czar Kazem
It's about as pointless as one would expect a Pokemon demo to be.

My thoughts exactly.

Zealot

It's a good thing I never expected much of anything out of this demo to begin with, otherwise I'd be sorely disappointed right now.

Even for a demo, it's hardly anything worth playing. The free stuff is literally the only incentive here, and it's still not much.
They could learn a thing or two from Bravely Default's demo. It's a pretty good example on how you're supposed to hype someone up for your game.

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
It's pretty cutesy as far as demos go. I've played eight of the ten times so far. "Adventures" are short but again, this was just designed to be a quick sneak peek at a few of the game possibilities. I remember seeing old videos of older pokemon game demos. They offered an interesting glimpse into things but rarely touched on anything the developers didn't want you experiencing "too soon".

I am still very hyped for this game. I will have few reasons to play my old R/S/E cartridges after this except for sheer nostalgia. It's very hard any more to port pokemon from those games forwards so many generations and through so many different platforms. Oh, I have all that I need to do so, but it's a big headache.

Profitable Prophet

I was expecting the demo to be a 5 minute introduction.
They're not going to reveal too much because that would spoil the full game
I'm not liking the interface though, shou've stuck to the X&Y which I found to be a lot cleaner. Still holding out for improvements by the time the full game rolls out.
Honestly as someone who LOVES R/S/E this demo felt really nice to me, music was spot on to the originals as a very well done revamp to the tracks, the models look just as clean as they do in X/Y and personally for the short little missions we do they are still fairly fun. It's more like how some said a sneak peak versus being a true demo, so this is all fine to me. ^_^

Kallen-chan's Husband

Ice-Cold Guest

14,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Nipsy the Succubus
kurl
It's a decent demo. I did the first two quests yesterday and I'm going to save the rest for later since apparently we need to play every day to unlock something.

I don't know where that comes from, I've played all 10 days in a row and got all the reward, they weren't that good anyways. Just pokeballs, heal balls and what I'm assuming after the max days its just Heart Scales since I've gotten 2 in a row.
eek

Original Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
solomon514
Nipsy the Succubus
kurl
It's a decent demo. I did the first two quests yesterday and I'm going to save the rest for later since apparently we need to play every day to unlock something.

I don't know where that comes from, I've played all 10 days in a row and got all the reward, they weren't that good anyways. Just pokeballs, heal balls and what I'm assuming after the max days its just Heart Scales since I've gotten 2 in a row.
eek

Something wrong ginormous eyes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas