Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
What do you guys do when catching a Legendary Pokemon I've tried Paralyzing them and using "False Swipe" until their HP is at 1, then start chucking Ultra Balls, or Timer Balls, etc. but they Break out so Easily, and It gets Frustrating after a while. stressed

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I never use False Swipe.
I just paralyze/sleep, whittle it down, throw balls.

Versatile Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I rarely ever have a pokemon with me that knows false swipe, but I do paralyze them the majority of the time. I get their HP as low as possible and throw ultra balls at them; hoping the entire time the little buggers stay in. I do hate when the ball wiggles three times and they pop out, such a tease emotion_donotwant

Justice Prophet

17,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Junior 100
save before is possible, use sleep move and leech seed and keep throwing balls haha
You really need alot of patience xD
I always have Weavile in my team.(Or any pokemon that knows False swipe)
I first paralyze them with thunder wave then use super-effective moves until its health is really low.
I make Weavile use False Swipe until its health is down to 1 HP.
Keep using ultra balls or whatever pokeball is effective!
Oh,And make sure you save before you battle it! xD

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
iamjustice
save before is possible, use sleep move and leech seed and keep throwing balls haha

Yeah, but what if the Legendary Pokemon's HP hit's Zero before you can catch it? neutral

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
I'm never prepared in the slightest for those butts.

I go in there with like Thunderbolt or Thunderpunch and hope it paralyzes.
Or a Pokemon with static, but that doesn't help unless the Legendary touches it.
Then after I (hopefully) get it paralyzed, I chuck Ultra Balls at it, and after enough turns I start with the Timer Balls.

I have never used False Swipe since I just hate the move. XD
I hate having it, it's so useless in every other situation but that, so I don't bother.

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
ZakeraZero
I never use False Swipe.
I just paralyze/sleep, whittle it down, throw balls.

Well, I tried using my Haxorus Lv. 50, First use Swords Dance 1-2 times, then False Swipe.
But The Legendary I was trying to catch kept Breaking out even though his HP was down to 1
(P.S. I paralyzed it with my Tangela's Stun Spore before using my Haxorus)

Justice Prophet

17,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Junior 100
Nine_Tails137
iamjustice

Yeah, but what if the Legendary Pokemon's HP hit's Zero before you can catch it? neutral

thats why you save razz

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
iamjustice
Nine_Tails137
iamjustice

thats why you save razz

I just tried catching TERRAKION in my Black 2 Game, but I failed Miserably! crying

First, I sent out my Lv. 50 Haxorus, and Used "Swords Dance" twice,
Then I used "False Swipe" until it's Health was at 1 HP,
Then I tried using Ultra Balls to catch it as well as Timer Balls, But He kept Breaking out of every Poke ball I tossed at him.(Went through approx. 30 or more Ultra Balls, and close to 10 or more Timer Balls),

But Terrakion Had used up all its Moves, and Wound up KO ing itself with "Struggle" in the Process. crying

BUT, I did remember to save before Fighting him. 3nodding

P.S. I had to go through a lot of Potions and Revives, and Still Failed to catch him. mad
Seriously, Cobalion and Virizion were easier to catch than him! rolleyes

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
Patience is key, and getting them as close to fainting as possible while disabling them; I prefer Paralyze because you have to keep putting it back to Sleep otherwise.

Again, patience! I consider myself quite good at catching Legendaries and no longer use Master Balls for anything but roaming pokemon, which is where MY patience is stretched!

Timer Balls are your friend, too. If you have patience they'll reward you for sure.

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Feather Kana
Patience is key, and getting them as close to fainting as possible while disabling them; I prefer Paralyze because you have to keep putting it back to Sleep otherwise.

Again, patience! I consider myself quite good at catching Legendaries and no longer use Master Balls for anything but roaming pokemon, which is where MY patience is stretched!

Timer Balls are your friend, too. If you have patience they'll reward you for sure.

Sadly, Patience is NOT my Strong Point. sweatdrop
Plus, LUCK is never on my side either in those Battles. crying

I wish there was a new kind of Poke ball that that made catching Legendaries easier. sad

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
Nine_Tails137
Feather Kana

Sadly, Patience is NOT my Strong Point. sweatdrop
Plus, LUCK is never on my side either in those Battles. crying

I wish there was a new kind of Poke ball that that made catching Legendaries easier. sad

That is EXACTLY what Timer Balls are. Most Legendaries can also be caught in caves, so Dark Balls work as well. If you are in HG/SS, then also make big use of Heavy Balls.

But the most important thing is not just getting HP down to the red zone, but disabling the pokemon as far as you are able.PP chisels on them slower that way. I've never gotten to a point where a Legendary used Struggle!

Bring at least 50 of your favorite ball, and plenty of healing stuff. If you bring in Timer Balls, either have plenty of those or wait until at least 30 moves have passed before you start chucking them and if Ultra or Dark Balls haven't worked.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Throw a few ultra balls once they have low health. They usually get out... but then I through a pokeball and it'll sometimes work.

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2
Throw a few ultra balls once they have low health. They usually get out... but then I through a pokeball and it'll sometimes work.

Is that how you caught TERRAKION!?

or was it a different Legendary?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas