Welcome to Gaia! ::

Before I start out breeding, I have read it can pass down it's HA with a ditto, although, I'm not sure if the ditto needs to have HA as well .. or it can be a normal, limber ditto

Would anyone of you know if it is possible ?
It can pass its ability down.
Sherlock Jolmes
It can pass its ability down.


Even with a non-hidden ability ditto ?
Daisy Puke's avatar

Newbie Noob

i've heard only females can pass it
Eren Jaegerbomb's avatar

Thieving Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Survivor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Daisy Puke
i've heard only females can pass it


i think they can pass them down its just a lot harder and less likely to happen
KumiKoyama's avatar

Romantic Lover

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Daisy Puke
i've heard only females can pass it

It changed in X/Y.
Males now have a small chance of transferring their ability.

Edit:
Lol someone beat me to it.
castigat ridendo mores's avatar

Eloquent Lunatic

Yes, it can, but it's something like 20% chance or something, compared to 80% or something for females. The males can pass the hidden ability but they have a higher chance of CHANGING the hidden ability to something else in their offspring.

edit: Percentages are wrong.
If a female Pokémon has a Hidden Ability and is bred, it has a 60% chance of giving that Ability to each of its children. Each of the other Abilities has a 20% chance of being passed down.
Dunno how it's changed in this gen.
Valgaror's avatar

Ruthless Survivor

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
I've bred a speed boost torchic from the (male only) event one, so - yep, I can confirm firsthand, male pokemon can pass on hidden abilities.
Chibi Mako-san's avatar

Shy Gekko

6,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I've bred several HA eevees with a ditto and a male HA eevee. So yes, but it's a lower chance than the females.
Feather Kana's avatar

Obsessive Genius

12,000 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
It was changed in Gen VI to the male of having a 20% chance of passing a HA off to a compatible offspring, as well as the females having an 80% chance.
I've had it work with both a Rain Dish Blastoise and a Protean Frogadier male so yep they can. :3
Chibi Mako-san
I've bred several HA eevees with a ditto and a male HA eevee. So yes, but it's a lower chance than the females.


Do you perhaps remember what ability that ditto had ?
lm Rinny's avatar

Eloquent Hero

User Image

It can, I tested it by breeding my male magician fennekin.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Chibi Mako-san's avatar

Shy Gekko

6,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
aranzazug
Chibi Mako-san
I've bred several HA eevees with a ditto and a male HA eevee. So yes, but it's a lower chance than the females.


Do you perhaps remember what ability that ditto had ?


Limber. I didnt have a HA Ditto at the time.
Males can pass on the ability.

For example, I'm breeding rufflets. All rufflets are male, and it's sure as hell been passing down its ability when paired with a non-HA ditto.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games