Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Lunatic

34,090 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I finally caught my Shiny Growlithe!!!

AND SHES FEMALE TOO heart heart heart

I've been trawling Fire Safaris for her for nine months, ever since my family had to put down our beloved Golden Retriever who we got when I was 8 and first getting into Pokemon. Hell, we even have a photo of her as a puppy where I'm in a Pikachu t-shirt xd

Has anyone else spend ages hunting/hatching for a certain Pokemon? if so how long and have you got it yet?
Oh my goodness congrats! heart

I dont think I've ever been fortunate to encounter any thing that I've been hunting. at least on that lvl

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
Oh, sorry your doggie had to be put down. sad

But this is like she returned from the afterlife to give you a lick on the cheek, so congrats! smile
Pokémon that have sentimental value are always the best. Congrats!

That story about the son finding his dad's old Pokémon game to find a high-leveled Blastoise named after him even thought all the other Pokémon were weak?

All that story where the boy brought his brother's Nincada over or something and evolved it to be a Ninjask + Shedinja (the Shedinja being his brother).

s**t breaks my heart.

Snow Cat

15,165 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Congrats!

Sorry to hear about your dog. sad I actually did something similar. After my cat died and I got HeartGold Version, I put an Arcanine (not Shiny) on my team named after him. I know Arcanine's a dog, but my cat was big, fluffy, and orange. =w=

As for my Shiny hunts that took the longest...

My Shiny Vanillite took exactly 1,028 eggs, although I also tried about half a year for one on Black without any luck. I probably could've gotten one a lot faster had I known about Sweet Scenting hordes at the time.

My Shiny Burmy took 1,125 eggs. Well, I actually hatched 3 before that, but they were all females. I was set on getting a Shiny Mothim! I took a break from hatching for a couple days at some point trying to chain one, but no luck there (probably because the only patches Burmy appear in are so small).

My Shiny Tyrogue took over 1,350 eggs and I still never hatched one. Tried searching for one in the Friend Safari for a while and still no luck. I finally decided to try chaining one on Platinum and had success after a few resets.

I've lost track of how many Lapras eggs I've hatched, but I've been trying for it (on and off) since Black 2. I usually get tired of it because Lapras eggs take a long time to hatch, but I've actually stuck with it for the past couple weeks. Still no Shiny, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff