Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Translation Info I've found out:
(Big Thanks to Surreal Poet as she did most of the work smile )

You Read the text backwards

The Symbols are Moved Up by 1 Letter every floor

The First four "Unknown Symbols" are probably numbers.

The last 4 "Unknown Symbols" probably represent Legendary Pokemon or another being.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Apocalyptic Soul
Does ANYBODY know the method to translate the text in the Abyssal Ruins in Undella Bay?
I've tried googling this and can't find anything on how to decode the symbols.

NOTE: I am looking for the METHOD of translation, NOT the translations themselves.

I dont think its meant to be translated, its only there for you to gather the Arceus plates or those relics to sell.

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Death Medium
Apocalyptic Soul
Does ANYBODY know the method to translate the text in the Abyssal Ruins in Undella Bay?
I've tried googling this and can't find anything on how to decode the symbols.

NOTE: I am looking for the METHOD of translation, NOT the translations themselves.

I dont think its meant to be translated, its only there for you to gather the Arceus plates or those relics to sell.

They're definitely meant to be translated, it's not like Gamefreak to just leave random text in a game. (I also believe this has been translated by someone as there are a few places online with the text's contents)

I know the content of the text isn't relevant on how to solve the puzzles, I just want to know how you actually decode it.

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Chiisana Ningyou
This is what the official guide says:
Purple stones are set in various places in Abyssal Ruins. Check these stones, and you will see they are covered in mysterious letters. These letters have not been deciphered. What could be written here?

One part is bolded because that's the answer to your question, they can't be translated. Maybe Game Freak is hinting at a new challenge to come in a future game or something?

Or....the official guide doesn't want to spoil it confused

Idk I find it hard to accept that those letters mean nothing.
They say "Please Stop Stealing Our s**t".

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Parfait Parrot
They say "Please Stop Stealing Our s**t".

i lol'd lol

Distinct Genius

Chiisana Ningyou
Apocalyptic Soul
Chiisana Ningyou
This is what the official guide says:
Purple stones are set in various places in Abyssal Ruins. Check these stones, and you will see they are covered in mysterious letters. These letters have not been deciphered. What could be written here?

One part is bolded because that's the answer to your question, they can't be translated. Maybe Game Freak is hinting at a new challenge to come in a future game or something?

Or....the official guide doesn't want to spoil it confused

Idk I find it hard to accept that those letters mean nothing.
But a guidebook is meant to help you, so they'd at least have a key to what each letter means and they don't have that at all. I don't think they mean anything right now, but they may in the future.
Don't trust the guide, I mean they list Terrakion in Twist Mountain but have his info on victory road. Made finding Terrakion difficult to say the least.User Image
The text is cuneiform, an ancient language of sorts. It is a genuine, real world ancient language.

The only problem is, there are several different ways to write cuneiform, and most of the translators I find when looking for it use the Babylonian form of cuneiform, which isn't even remotely close to what it's looking for. >>;

So... good luck. xD I've had issues finding a translator as well, even knowing what it is.

Dedicated Loiterer

Answer: Game Freak's a troll.

3,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
They don't need to be deciphered, but look anyway, the order of the symbols and how often the same symbol appears, it doesn't look like they mean anything.
Either way, it's a 3 floor ruin with s**t loads of items, no real puzzle.

Noob

There has to be some way to decipher it...How else would people find out they need Flash and Strength?

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I read how to dechiper it somewhere, but I can't remember where. I do seem to remember that the cipher was different on each floor though.
Silikon
There has to be some way to decipher it...How else would people find out they need Flash and Strength?

Based on what I've read, there actually isn't much on the puzzle. xD According to those who somehow have magically deciphered it, it mostly talks about a king of some sort, and says very little about the actual puzzle itself.

Granted, if that's true, I have no idea how they figured out when to use certain moves, but I tend not to question things that let me progress to more free shtuff. =P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff