• Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101
I play Guitar and Pokemon.

I've been using a Moxie Scrafty for about a week and after one Bulk Up, Its almost unstoppable. The only thing can can really phase it is a sweeper as someones lead, because you are setting up and don't have the extra defense you need to get going

Check out the Gen IV Pokemon League!

I honestly think scrafty is the best user of moxie, cause its a little bulkier
but I think they needed to give this thing an HP boost to make it survive

I think bulk up is a good attack for a moxie pokemon

but imagine a moxie pokemon with cosmic power or stockpile

that way both of its defenses get a much needed boost and it can survive long enough to get a couple knockouts

shame none of the moxie pokemon can

Yeah, but I can understand why they can't. Moxie as an Ability is aimed towards physical sweepers, and most of those lack good special defense.

fair enough
I dunno I just feel like moxie would be an amazing ability if a solid sweeper like salamence has it
or something that has enough bulk to fight and take a hit, what with all the random priority moves running around

but I honestly feel like this move is wasted on a solid sweeper, cause they can already do the job do they really need the boost

this wouldve been a fun ability on a really bulky pokemon that has weaker attack cause then if it can overpower it can become a tank

As for wanting Sp. Def. on it, Scrafty has a HUGE base stat for it.

true
hell my scrafty survived a STAB hydro pump from a pokemon that was twenty level higher and only took half of its HP bar

Im just kinda speaking out loud in case some gamefreak people are around and thinking of ideas for the move tutors if they make a new game sooner than later
I honestly think if the move tutors come back Moxie will actually gain a new life because hopefully the people will add some moves that will help moxie pokemon

Hilarious Genius

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101

I've been using a Moxie Scrafty for about a week and after one Bulk Up, Its almost unstoppable. The only thing can can really phase it is a sweeper as someones lead, because you are setting up and don't have the extra defense you need to get going

I honestly think scrafty is the best user of moxie, cause its a little bulkier
but I think they needed to give this thing an HP boost to make it survive

I think bulk up is a good attack for a moxie pokemon

but imagine a moxie pokemon with cosmic power or stockpile

that way both of its defenses get a much needed boost and it can survive long enough to get a couple knockouts

shame none of the moxie pokemon can

Yeah, but I can understand why they can't. Moxie as an Ability is aimed towards physical sweepers, and most of those lack good special defense.

fair enough
I dunno I just feel like moxie would be an amazing ability if a solid sweeper like salamence has it
or something that has enough bulk to fight and take a hit, what with all the random priority moves running around

but I honestly feel like this move is wasted on a solid sweeper, cause they can already do the job do they really need the boost

this wouldve been a fun ability on a really bulky pokemon that has weaker attack cause then if it can overpower it can become a tank

true
hell my scrafty survived a STAB hydro pump from a pokemon that was twenty level higher and only took half of its HP bar

Im just kinda speaking out loud in case some gamefreak people are around and thinking of ideas for the move tutors if they make a new game sooner than later
I honestly think if the move tutors come back Moxie will actually gain a new life because hopefully the people will add some moves that will help moxie pokemon

I understand. Can you cover Marvel Scale next? I have always thought it had untapped potential and would love to hear other opinions on it.

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101

fair enough

true

I understand. Can you cover Marvel Scale next? I have always thought it had untapped potential and would love to hear other opinions on it.

uhhh maybe
I am trying to pick abilities that are underestimated or debateable
the only real debate on marvel scale is hold an orb or just hope for it to work

I mean giving a marvel scale pokemon a flame orb and as long as it isnt a physical fighter its set

honestly eyeing telepathy, sheer force, rivalry, mold breaker, or reckless

I mean all are kewl abilities but telepathy is worthless unless ya got earthquake, surf or one of those moves or the pokemon tha tknows it gets knocked out

sheer force boosts attack but can take away somethign that may save your life, paralysis from electric attack, stat drops and other things

rivalry can make your pokemon a stud or a whipped dog,

mold breaker aside from earthquake and levitate is there any real use for it

and reckless hurt yourself even more for extra damage, kinda a catch 22 ability, and useless unless the pokemon is an actual sweeper

but there is some debate and hidden strategies in all these abilities

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
what would ability would you guys like to discuss this week

mind you I want debatable abilities

If the ability only helps pokemon we dont need to talk about it
examples Levitate, Wonder Guard, Drizzle, Drought, Sand Veil, and other abilities that are almost always good,
though sand veil could hurt if you're not planning around it

I actually love abilities that some or most of the pokemon with it have another ability cause then we can debate over which ability is better

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Anyone got anything to say about Moxie and tricks with it, ideas for using ti?

I mean aside from a sweeping pokemon is there any real strategy for it

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon

Nah, I personally think it's pretty much a pure-sweeping tactic. Although, since somebody mentioned that it activates if you knock out your own partners (doubles/triples), you could use it with moves like Earthquake for quicker, stronger bonuses. Example: Salamance or Krookodile teamed with a Pokemon to use Tailwind turn 1 with high speed and weakness to ground, assuming you can KO 1 or both of your opponent's Pokemon with the quake in the same turn.

The hard part is that most Tailwind users are flying type, and those that aren't are either resistant (Whimsicott) or have decent base defense stats (Suicune).
Someone could possibly give the Iron Ball to one of the flyers, but on top of grounding them it would also slow them down and somewhat defeat the purpose. Hard to pull off, but if someone did I think it would be worth the effort!

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon

Nah, I personally think it's pretty much a pure-sweeping tactic. Although, since somebody mentioned that it activates if you knock out your own partners (doubles/triples), you could use it with moves like Earthquake for quicker, stronger bonuses. Example: Salamance or Krookodile teamed with a Pokemon to use Tailwind turn 1 with high speed and weakness to ground, assuming you can KO 1 or both of your opponent's Pokemon with the quake in the same turn.

The hard part is that most Tailwind users are flying type, and those that aren't are either resistant (Whimsicott) or have decent base defense stats (Suicune).
Someone could possibly give the Iron Ball to one of the flyers, but on top of grounding them it would also slow them down and somewhat defeat the purpose. Hard to pull off, but if someone did I think it would be worth the effort!

huh? really like this idea
shame tailwind only last a few turns but with moxie ya only need a couple
eyeing this strategy and I think the best pokemon for this trick are

by breeding an iron ball aerodactyl, itll be slow but its one of the fastest pokemon out there so it will out speed a few things even with a half speed, or possibly use roost instead of the iron ball
actually like the roost idea on this thing
have it tail wind first turn, now most people will focus on an aerodactyl cause of its speed and power, give it a focus sash to make sure it lives at least one turn ((hoping that the opponent wont focus on it entirely or the partner took out at least one of the opponents pokemon))
have it roost the next turn,
and then use earthquake and get the magic going

the next bet is a pokemon from generation IV that can learn roost/ tailwind via move tutor
probably the best would be a charizardd

but the flying pokemon that can suffer from earthquake that an iron ball will hurt em include
Charizard, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat, Skarmory, and Ho oh

the pokemon that can feel earthquake and not need an iron ball include Suicune, and Whimscott by leveling, and by move tutor Beedrill, Venomoth, Mew, Scizor, Dustox, Shiftry, Volbeat, Illumise, Castform, Lumineon, and non greisous orb Giratiina

there are actually a lotta options for tailwind and Moxie, ya just gotta be willing to look and invest a little time, I actually love the tailwind/ roost aerodactyl, use it until its no longer needed and then sacrifice it to the Moxie gods

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon

by breeding an iron ball aerodactyl, itll be slow but its one of the fastest pokemon out there so it will out speed a few things even with a half speed, or possibly use roost instead of the iron ball
have it tail wind first turn, now most people will focus on an aerodactyl cause of its speed and power, give it a focus sash to make sure it lives at least one turn ((hoping that the opponent wont focus on it entirely or the partner took out at least one of the opponents pokemon))

the next bet is a pokemon from generation IV that can learn roost/ tailwind via move tutor

but the flying pokemon that can suffer from earthquake that an iron ball will hurt em include

the pokemon that can feel earthquake and not need an iron ball include Suicune, and Whimscott by leveling, and by move tutor Beedrill, Venomoth, Mew, Scizor, Dustox, Shiftry, Volbeat, Illumise, Castform, Lumineon, and non greisous orb Giratiina

there are actually a lotta options for tailwind and Moxie, ya just gotta be willing to look and invest a little time, I actually love the tailwind/ roost aerodactyl, use it until its no longer needed and then sacrifice it to the Moxie gods
Ah the Roost trick would probably do it! I wasn't aware that Roost grounded a flying type, but it does make sense.
I could see maybe using Beedrill for Tailwind, but I don't like having to go through 4th gen to get my moves. Too much hassle, in my opinion. Guess I'm video-game lazy like that!

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon

Ah the Roost trick would probably do it! I wasn't aware that Roost grounded a flying type, but it does make sense.
I could see maybe using Beedrill for Tailwind, but I don't like having to go through 4th gen to get my moves. Too much hassle, in my opinion. Guess I'm video-game lazy like that!

Im not going to lie I feel the same way
thats why I like the roost/ tail wind aerodactyl ya can breed it and Pidgeot and its family learn the moves literally one after teh other, plus worst case ya got yourself a decent sweeper pokemon
I actually really wanna try this now with a moxie krookodile,
I would try this right now if I wasnt trying to breed a dark pulse shiny deino ((parents have great IVs and once I pull the daddy outta the day care I lost my good IV dark pulse deino))

but see this is why I wanted a discussion thread on abilities, this actually sounds really fun and kewl and could literaly abuse the ability

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Which pokemon could have benefited from Moxie

which pokemon shouldve gotten moxie?
who shouldnt have gotten moxie?

Greedy Businessman

... now then, Moxie...

That dark/fighting pokémon everyone is hyped...: it benefits grately because it has acess to a move which heals it while dealing damage... a move which is also effective vs 5 other types and receives STAB...
Also it has another type which covers the type which could be immune to said move...

Gyarados... : No, it definetly needs dragon dance... it needs the Speed boost... most electric types (most notably Jolteon) can easly outspeed it and definetly destroy it even if Gyarados invest it´s EV spreed in HP and SP. Defense...

The very same thing can be said of Salamence, there´s frosslass, and while it´s not very popular it´s the best example of a faster counter...

Of course while dealing with these pokémon we must consider a choice scarf... but said item will make it´s user way more predictable... so it´s not by all means a "must use".

An interesting note about the later two Both have a x4 weakness... but there´s only, to my knowledge, a priority move of ice and not of electric type... So Gyarados is the bigger threat after a Dragon dance

Unbeatable Player

7,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i just think this ability is just so damn good if u know how to take adventage from it OwO

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
X Dark Serge X
... now then, Moxie...

That dark/fighting pokémon everyone is hyped...: it benefits grately because it has acess to a move which heals it while dealing damage... a move which is also effective vs 5 other types and receives STAB...
Also it has another type which covers the type which could be immune to said move...

Gyarados... : No, it definetly needs dragon dance... it needs the Speed boost... most electric types (most notably Jolteon) can easly outspeed it and definetly destroy it even if Gyarados invest it´s EV spreed in HP and SP. Defense...

The very same thing can be said of Salamence, there´s frosslass, and while it´s not very popular it´s the best example of a faster counter...

Of course while dealing with these pokémon we must consider a choice scarf... but said item will make it´s user way more predictable... so it´s not by all means a "must use".

An interesting note about the later two Both have a x4 weakness... but there´s only, to my knowledge, a priority move of ice and not of electric type... So Gyarados is the bigger threat after a Dragon dance

Scrafty is probably the best pokemon with it since it has a way to heal and can take a hit or two, and its unique typing makes it a bit diffiicult to deal with if ya dunno how to

I kinda feel the exact same way about gyarados and salamence
even though both tend to tremble in fear more from special attacks that ability to weaken the damage they take is really good, I feel these two are already good sweepers and hell dragon dance is more than enough boost to handle most anythign thrown at them

true about priority moves but I speak from experience, salamence can survive ice shard because of intimidate while a moxie mence is already dead
unless Im mistaken not counting the normal ones gyarados actually resist most of the priority attacks lemme think Ice yes, water duh, and fighting yes
and the only one that isnt physical is the fighting one so yeah intimidate makes these weaker moves already weaker,
and sucker punch can only hurt if your attacking, if you suspect one dragon dance get another boost and avoid an attack

a choice scarf could give that boost that a moxie pokemon could use to get the first attack but then your locked into moves that if people are prepared for can easily counter, and even if ya got the knockout from the last pokemon you have a choice switch and lose the boost or keep fighting and hope youll just overpower your opponent

personally dont trust choice items but thats another debate

Lonely Informer

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
stray_cat05
i just think this ability is just so damn good if u know how to take adventage from it OwO

It really is
if ya cna plan right and get things set up then suddenly you have a pokemon that cannot be stopped by even the best physical walls

however because it doesnt do a thing for speed it is kinda limited in usefulness
imagine if it was a dragon dance of an ability

Unbeatable Player

7,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Blind Red Dragon
stray_cat05

It really is
if ya cna plan right and get things set up then suddenly you have a pokemon that cannot be stopped by even the best physical walls

however because it doesnt do a thing for speed it is kinda limited in usefulness
imagine if it was a dragon dance of an ability
i just have one word to describe it "BROKEN"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas