No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 60 61 62 > >>

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya

Dude, you should totally make Speed Boost next week's ability.
The reason a Blaziken would do so well with it is because of it's base 120 attack, as opposed to Ape's 104. Add Blaziken's mix of High Jump Kick (130 base power), Flare Blitz and Brave Bird (each 120 base power), and a turn-1 protect making you faster than about anything in the game, it is indeed going to be a beast to deal with. However, the first Pokemon with Psychic, Flying, Ground or Water attacks, or just a strong STAB even while holding Focus Sash will be able to drop it easily because of low defenses and lots of recoil damage. I can see why Smogon tiers WOULD ban it, but that's only because they like to whine about something being overpwered even though every competitive team should be able to handle it anyways. I almost never have a team without somebody holding Focus Sash.

argh you literally just killed speed boost for discussion

despite personally putting it in the same category as moxie, I think its way better than moxie
though moxie can be amazing it still got one awful vote here and I personally voted OK

I am trying to pick abilities that are either gilded, forgotten, interesting for dream world, or just underestimated
and honestly the only way speed boost becomes a liability is in a trick room

though eyeing sharpedo I realize speed boost is probably a better ability for it cause of its lack luster defenses

the problem is there is little discussion for speed boost, its great add to the fact that most pokemon can learn protect it can only help
there are very few who would say speed boost is bad
and probably even less that wouldnt happily have a speed boost *insert most random battling pokemon here*
the only discussion is which pokemon people wouldve wanted to get speed boost or complain that there is no legit speed boost blaziken available

I wanna talk about abilities that people dont already know all the good strategies and will have a variety of opinions

though it could be ok for a slower week

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya

The reason a Blaziken would do so well with it is because of it's base 120 attack, as opposed to Ape's 104. Add Blaziken's mix of High Jump Kick (130 base power), Flare Blitz and Brave Bird (each 120 base power), and a turn-1 protect making you faster than about anything in the game, it is indeed going to be a beast to deal with. However, the first Pokemon with Psychic, Flying, Ground or Water attacks, or just a strong STAB even while holding Focus Sash will be able to drop it easily because of low defenses and lots of recoil damage. I can see why Smogon tiers WOULD ban it, but that's only because they like to whine about something being overpwered even though every competitive team should be able to handle it anyways. I almost never have a team without somebody holding Focus Sash.

despite personally putting it in the same category as moxie, I think its way better than moxie
though moxie can be amazing it still got one awful vote here and I personally voted OK

I am trying to pick abilities that are either gilded, forgotten, interesting for dream world, or just underestimated

though eyeing sharpedo I realize speed boost is probably a better ability for it cause of its lack luster defenses

the problem is there is little discussion for speed boost, its great add to the fact that most pokemon can learn protect it can only help
and probably even less that wouldnt happily have a speed boost *insert most random battling pokemon here*
the only discussion is which pokemon people wouldve wanted to get speed boost or complain that there is no legit speed boost blaziken available

I wanna talk about abilities that people dont already know all the good strategies and will have a variety of opinions

Ah I see, very good. I do tend to try to work any ability to it's best potential, and some are just easier to do than others (like Speed Boost). Imagine a Speed Boost Slowking!
Other abilities though still baffle me, like Klutz, while others are good but don't have many obviously epic combos with Pokemon (like Super Luck, most of the things that have it aren't as fast as other sweepers can be)

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya

Ah I see, very good. I do tend to try to work any ability to it's best potential, and some are just easier to do than others (like Speed Boost). Imagine a Speed Boost Slowking!
Other abilities though still baffle me, like Klutz, while others are good but don't have many obviously epic combos with Pokemon (like Super Luck, most of the things that have it aren't as fast as other sweepers can be)

speed boost would be fun on a slower pokemon I think its interesting that most have good speed, blaziken has the worst ((not counting evolutions)) and yet overall its not a bad speed
I wouldve personally given it to a tank pokemon that is meant to survive that way it could just outspeed everything and just dominate if not properly gotten rid of or quickly

Klutz is a niche ability, though it can really ruin some peoples strategy, switcheroo an iron ball on a pokemon that needs to avoid ground attacks
but thats the thing there are two uses of niche

switcheroo to mess up the opponent, or fear of trick and just always carrying a bad item just in case

super luck cannot be given to a pokemon that is already a sweeper, it needs to be given to ok pokemon so that way they have a spot in battling circles
I mean if certain pokemon had better critical ratio there would be no stopping them

I think super luck would have a better debate if more pokemon had it, and the ones that did didnt have such ok abilities

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
How are you using Moxie right now?

whats your moxie method

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
How many people are looking for DW magikarp to get a moxie gyardos?

How many want a moxie salamence?

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Huh I wonder why the couple people called it awful

I wish people would at least give a reason to their votes

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Does anyone avoid Moxie?

liek spend an extra hour breeding/ catching a non moxie pokemon

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Any opinions on Moxie
or what we should evaluate next week?

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I think Earthquake is one of the best moves for moxie

in multi battles it enables to get a boost from knocking out everything on the field

also Sub Punch is a nice tactic since itll give ya some protection and a solid attack to try to get the knock out

I however cannot recommend Hi Jump Kick with this ability, its true its easy and does a lotta damage
but when you take half your max HP as recoil when ya miss
its not worth the risk because that means you're weak and cant take another solid hit, so the only knockout you may get is knocking yourself out

Hilarious Genius

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I play Guitar and Pokemon.

I've been using a Moxie Scrafty for about a week and after one Bulk Up, Its almost unstoppable. The only thing can can really phase it is a sweeper as someones lead, because you are setting up and don't have the extra defense you need to get going. I run Substitute, Drain Punch, Crunch, and Bulk Up, with a Big Root to make the most of Drain Punch. I give it a 6 of 10

Check out the Gen IV Pokemon League!

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Axxell101

I've been using a Moxie Scrafty for about a week and after one Bulk Up, Its almost unstoppable. The only thing can can really phase it is a sweeper as someones lead, because you are setting up and don't have the extra defense you need to get going

I honestly think scrafty is the best user of moxie, cause its a little bulkier
but I think they needed to give this thing an HP boost to make it survive

I think bulk up is a good attack for a moxie pokemon

but imagine a moxie pokemon with cosmic power or stockpile

that way both of its defenses get a much needed boost and it can survive long enough to get a couple knockouts

shame none of the moxie pokemon can

Hilarious Genius

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101

I've been using a Moxie Scrafty for about a week and after one Bulk Up, Its almost unstoppable. The only thing can can really phase it is a sweeper as someones lead, because you are setting up and don't have the extra defense you need to get going

that way both of its defenses get a much needed boost and it can survive long enough to get a couple knockouts

Yeah, but I can understand why they can't. Moxie as an Ability is aimed towards physical sweepers, and most of those lack good special defense.

Hilarious Genius

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Can you cover MarvelScale next?

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101

Yeah, but I can understand why they can't. Moxie as an Ability is aimed towards physical sweepers, and most of those lack good special defense.

fair enough
I dunno I just feel like moxie would be an amazing ability if a solid sweeper like salamence has it
or something that has enough bulk to fight and take a hit, what with all the random priority moves running around

but I honestly feel like this move is wasted on a solid sweeper, cause they can already do the job do they really need the boost

this wouldve been a fun ability on a really bulky pokemon that has weaker attack cause then if it can overpower it can become a tank

Hilarious Genius

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101
Blind Red Dragon
Axxell101

fair enough
I dunno I just feel like moxie would be an amazing ability if a solid sweeper like salamence has it
or something that has enough bulk to fight and take a hit, what with all the random priority moves running around

but I honestly feel like this move is wasted on a solid sweeper, cause they can already do the job do they really need the boost

this wouldve been a fun ability on a really bulky pokemon that has weaker attack cause then if it can overpower it can become a tank

As for wanting Sp. Def. on it, Scrafty has a HUGE base stat for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces