Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Brick `
I love the ability Moxie. :3
Moxie Gyarados' really scare me. >x<;
I bred my Sandile to have Moxie ability and have Thunder Fang and Fire Fang.
I'm also going to teach it outrage and Earthquake.
;3

Is Moxie + Outrage only banned with Salamances?

I honestly assume moxie/ outrage is only banned on salamence cause of STAB
but I dunno

I have yet to seen a moxie gyardos in combat
haha, god knows I would hit it hard before its ability can take place

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Nuesaki
User Image
User Image

=w= Hrmm... The only thing that i like about Moxie is with Honchkrow and Scrafty... Only due to the fact that One of them has Priority... o-o then DD... Scraft is a tank =w= That's one reason why i enjoy Moxie on it. XD but prefer Shed Skin for Bulk Up, Drain punches =w=

I honestly dunno how well a moxie honchkrow can do
I guess if ya get lucky and can sucker punch a ghost or psychic then ya can get the ball rolling
but I have never had a KO from a honchkrow

Scrafty I think if bulked up right can just be scary

argh but shed skin is such a randomly great ability
though knowing my luck still wouldnt work in a longer fight

8,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Blind Red Dragon

User Image
User Image

Super Power Honchkrow ftw :3 Then Brave Bird everything with the added additon to Sucker Punch to clean up shop =w=

.x. Mmhm ... Shed Skin is random But it saves me so many times as i tend to use my Scraft as a Status Fodder. XD

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Nuesaki
Blind Red Dragon

User Image
User Image

Super Power Honchkrow ftw :3 Then Brave Bird everything with the added additon to Sucker Punch to clean up shop =w=

.x. Mmhm ... Shed Skin is random But it saves me so many times as i tend to use my Scraft as a Status Fodder. XD

ahh I always forget about that brave bird move
its funny most of the pokemon that have it use it on my garchomp who is holding a rocky helmet, so yeah they hit me hard but take a chunk of damage in return

I honestly think for moxie to have any chance of working the pokemon needs some bulk or amazing speed
thats why a dragon dancing scrafty is probably the best candidate for it

shed skin is one of those abilities that randomly youll hate cause its not working but there are some who rely on it for a rest combination and love cause itll cure status the turn inflicted
and its honestly a really great ability, most pokemon suffer with a status, but for those who dont benefit the natural ability to get rid of it during the fight is seriously a god send

Friendly Friend

Scrafty is the bane of my existance with Shed Skin. Try to toxic it? It sheds it in a turn or two. Same deal with burn and sleep. While in the meanwhile it'll just Bulk Up or Dragon Dance and sweep my team. Heck it can even use Rest and maybe get lucky enough to wake up on the same turn. I honestly would use it over Moxie because a burn or poison would hamper Scrafty a lot and I usually have good luck with Shed Skin.

Anyway I was going to say that Sucker Punch and Moxie is nice on Honchkrow. I don't believe it can get Superpower and Moxie because Superpower is a 4th gen tutor move and Moxie is a DW ability. Same with Salamence's Outrage and Moxie.

Honchkrow also has decent Special attack so it can possibly be a mixed sweeper? Idk. XD

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Bouncy_Pineapple
Scrafty is the bane of my existance with Shed Skin. Try to toxic it? It sheds it in a turn or two. Same deal with burn and sleep. While in the meanwhile it'll just Bulk Up or Dragon Dance and sweep my team. Heck it can even use Rest and maybe get lucky enough to wake up on the same turn. I honestly would use it over Moxie because a burn or poison would hamper Scrafty a lot and I usually have good luck with Shed Skin.

Anyway I was going to say that Sucker Punch and Moxie is nice on Honchkrow. I don't believe it can get Superpower and Moxie because Superpower is a 4th gen tutor move and Moxie is a DW ability. Same with Salamence's Outrage and Moxie.

Honchkrow also has decent Special attack so it can possibly be a mixed sweeper? Idk. XD

yessir shed skin just ruin whatever your trying to do and honestly ruins some of my favorite abilities, flame body, static, and poison point, and the fact it can wake from rest the first turn does give it some real value

I think they have these kinds of pokemon planning because we all know that if and when gamefreak makes a new game they will add move tutors so that way we can start teaching a few more moves to our pokemon
I think communities liek smogon have just jumped the gun on this one because they know what game freak will most liekely do
either that or in the next game ya can breed any move tutor moves on most pokemon

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Which pokemon do you guys think would really benefit from having Moxie?

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Bouncy_Pineapple

Oh so THAT'S why Moxie/Outrage Sally is banned, because it's not even legally obtainable, not because it's overpowered.
(Just checked Serebii.net)
Outrage IS a Gen4 only move, so you can't even breed a Sally with Outrage in Gen5.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon

I'd think Salamance would be the most beast, with Gyarados and the pantslizard in a close second. Only issue with Gyary would be x4 electric weakness.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Bouncy_Pineapple

Oh so THAT'S why Moxie/Outrage Sally is banned, because it's not even legally obtainable, not because it's overpowered.
Outrage IS a Gen4 only move, so you can't even breed a Sally with Outrage in Gen5.

that is probably the biggest reason, but I assume on top of legality, its probably also a preemptive move by smogon and such

I mean it is kinda unfair a pokemon that can do 180 damage in one turn and then powers up for knocking out a pokemon without at least a charging turn

I doubt if they had a move tutor in the next potential game, they wouldnt remove this ban just cause it would be ungodly scary

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Bouncy_Pineapple

that is probably the biggest reason, but I assume on top of legality, its probably also a preemptive move by smogon and such

I mean it is kinda unfair a pokemon that can do 180 damage in one turn and then powers up for knocking out a pokemon without at least a charging turn

I doubt if they had a move tutor in the next potential game, they wouldnt remove this ban just cause it would be ungodly scary
I don't deal with Smogon's elitist tier settings. Ubers are simply the Mewtwo class of Pokemon, and even those Pokemon are not unbeatable. I wiped a guy's whole team of super-legendaries with my ace Pokemon like Gengar (focus sash + destiny bond, takes at least 2 down before it goes), Infernape (life orb/choice band + flare blitz + self activating blaze ability from recoil damage), Starmie (need I say more), Yanmega (speed boost + flinching), even Umbreon (curse, moonlight, payback, quick attack, leftovers).

Sorry if I went off topic, but smogon tiers bug me. I personally believe "tiers are for queers" 3nodding

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon

I'd think Salamance would be the most beast, with Gyarados and the pantslizard in a close second. Only issue with Gyary would be x4 electric weakness.

uhh sorry I meant which pokemon that cannot have moxie would really benefit from it

I would honestly like to see a moxie metagross, imagine a moxie bullet punch metagross
solid defense and the ability to supplement its ok STABs ((meteor mash is good but cause of accuracy can backfire, bullet punch could actually be scary for anything that doesnt have a weakness, and zen headbutt could use a small power boost to be really good))

plus honestly anything is better than light metal

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon

uhh sorry I meant which pokemon that cannot have moxie would really benefit from it

I would honestly like to see a moxie metagross, imagine a moxie bullet punch metagross
solid defense and the ability to supplement its ok STABs ((meteor mash is good but cause of accuracy can backfire, bullet punch could actually be scary for anything that doesnt have a weakness, and zen headbutt could use a small power boost to be really good))

plus honestly anything is better than light metal
better than Metagross: the Technician Scizor.
It's Bullet Punch with a Choice Band reaches a theoretical base power of 135 as a priority attack.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
I don't deal with Smogon's elitist tier settings. Ubers are simply the Mewtwo class of Pokemon, and even those Pokemon are not unbeatable. I wiped a guy's whole team of super-legendaries with my ace Pokemon like Gengar (focus sash + destiny bond, takes at least 2 down before it goes), Infernape (life orb/choice band + flare blitz + self activating blaze ability from recoil damage), Starmie (need I say more), Yanmega (speed boost + flinching), even Umbreon (curse, moonlight, payback, quick attack, leftovers).

Sorry if I went off topic, but smogon tiers bug me. I personally believe "tiers are for queers" 3nodding

no offense but I hate your umbreon so many times they have been a bane to my existance, I havent lost to em but god they wont die
love the team by the way

I dont like tiers overall
I just would wanna ban legendaries, cause most of them have amazing base stats and sometimes a unique move that is hard to counter without being prepared, spatial rand to name one,

I personally believe if you can hatch it you can train it and battle with it

I mean I dont understand how a speed boost blaziken is scary, a speed boost infernape maybe, but I mean they are both honestly easy to take out with a little effort
I cannot believe they banned blaziken cause it got a little speed boost honestly I feel speed boost is in the same category as moxie
great ability when ya get it to work, but requires a lotta effort and set up to successfully use it

liek I said if ya can breed it and train it
then I dont see why ya cant use it in combat
I hate the concept of tiers overall
and hate the idea of banning anything that can breed

I honestly dont consider tiers when I make a team, I follow my rules and make a team I like and that works for me

hey no sweet off topic, I like seeing these kinda posts reminds everyone were not all machines that do what someone else tells us to

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya

no offense but I hate your umbreon so many times they have been a bane to my existance, I havent lost to em but god they wont die
love the team by the way

I dont like tiers overall
I just would wanna ban legendaries, cause most of them have amazing base stats and sometimes a unique move that is hard to counter without being prepared, spatial rand to name one,

I personally believe if you can hatch it you can train it and battle with it

I mean I dont understand how a speed boost blaziken is scary, a speed boost infernape maybe, but I mean they are both honestly easy to take out with a little effort
I cannot believe they banned blaziken cause it got a little speed boost honestly I feel speed boost is in the same category as moxie
great ability when ya get it to work, but requires a lotta effort and set up to successfully use it

liek I said if ya can breed it and train it
then I dont see why ya cant use it in combat
I hate the concept of tiers overall
and hate the idea of banning anything that can breed

I honestly dont consider tiers when I make a team, I follow my rules and make a team I like and that works for me

hey no sweet off topic, I like seeing these kinda posts reminds everyone were not all machines that do what someone else tells us to

Dude, you should totally make Speed Boost next week's ability.
The reason a Blaziken would do so well with it is because of it's base 120 attack, as opposed to Ape's 104. Add Blaziken's mix of High Jump Kick (130 base power), Flare Blitz and Brave Bird (each 120 base power), and a turn-1 protect making you faster than about anything in the game, it is indeed going to be a beast to deal with. However, the first Pokemon with Psychic, Flying, Ground or Water attacks, or just a strong STAB even while holding Focus Sash will be able to drop it easily because of low defenses and lots of recoil damage. I can see why Smogon tiers WOULD ban it, but that's only because they like to whine about something being overpwered even though every competitive team should be able to handle it anyways. I almost never have a team without somebody holding Focus Sash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff