No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61 62 > >>

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
solomon514
Um, here is a little something I found out about moxie, It DOES activate when you knock out your own pokemon in triples and doubles.

you are correct I forgot about that, its just probably a less likely used tactic of it

though random uses with earthquake finishing off your own poekmon would help
flash back to triple battle where my garchomp took out everything on the field in a double battle including my metagross
Blind Red Dragon
Did you guys know that moxie and outrage are illegal in some tournaments on a salamence?

Moxie Mence isnt released in dream world yet, and it cant get moxie and outrage together because you can only get outrage in 4th gen.

But about the ability, its really good if you get to set it up.

Barton Defender

Scrafty makes DAMN GOOD use of Moxie with its great defenses and passable attack. Just one Bulk Up can turn it into a monster. Scrafty is a great Payback user with those stats, even without a boost.

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Dancing_Water-x
I like the idea of this thread and Moxie. I'm not a competitive battler, but I do like discussing strategies. I've never used Moxie before, truth be told. (My Krookodile has Intimidate instead) But it sounds pretty badass. I liked the possibility of Moxie + Outrage, but that got banned. It sounds broken. I'm kind of rambling, aren't I? XD;;

I personally spent an hour looking for a sandile that knew crunch aand had intimidate so I understand

it is definitely one of the most intimidating abilities
honestly if I know my opponent has it I will probably aim for that thing first in a double batle, just to make sure it doesnt get too strong
its one of the few abilities I focus on when attacking
a couple I can think of now are defeatist, and analytic

the reason why outrage and moxie is just scary especially when used by a dragon
think about 120 base damage ((180 including dragon STAB))
and perfect accuracy
its a scary attack especially when you can naturally boost your attack so by the end of the attack it can already have the strength of 240, 300 if it gets the third attack and KO, 360/ 450 for a dragon give it a lum berry and almost nothing can stop this, even at a certain ppont steels wont be able to wall them in

I personally have not used moxie and really want to get more public opinions and ideas on it,

dont worry about rambling, I encourage it

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
DK Law
Blind Red Dragon
Did you guys know that moxie and outrage are illegal in some tournaments on a salamence?

Moxie Mence isnt released in dream world yet, and it cant get moxie and outrage together because you can only get outrage in 4th gen.

I wont lie that was a filler just to kinda bump up the thread but wanted to say something that wasnt just a bump

it maybe impossible to have this legitimately but Im sure at some point this will become an issue, especially if they have move tutors in the next games

Moonlight Hunter

Blind Red Dragon
x-Dancing_Water-x
I like the idea of this thread and Moxie. I'm not a competitive battler, but I do like discussing strategies. I've never used Moxie before, truth be told. (My Krookodile has Intimidate instead) But it sounds pretty badass. I liked the possibility of Moxie + Outrage, but that got banned. It sounds broken. I'm kind of rambling, aren't I? XD;;

I personally spent an hour looking for a sandile that knew crunch aand had intimidate so I understand

honestly if I know my opponent has it I will probably aim for that thing first in a double batle, just to make sure it doesnt get too strong

and perfect accuracy
its a scary attack especially when you can naturally boost your attack so by the end of the attack it can already have the strength of 240, 300 if it gets the third attack and KO, 360/ 450 for a dragon give it a lum berry and almost nothing can stop this, even at a certain ppont steels wont be able to wall them in

I personally have not used moxie and really want to get more public opinions and ideas on it,

That is quite scary eek

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
TowerTycoonTaco
Scrafty makes DAMN GOOD use of Moxie with its great defenses and passable attack. Just one Bulk Up can turn it into a monster. Scrafty is a great Payback user with those stats, even without a boost.

I completely agree
I personally feel like scrafty is the best user of moxie
good defenses so it can survive
and slow enough where it can abuse sub punch

I never thought of payback its slower where it will regularly be able to double its power
a bulk up scrafty could be hard to take down before it starts getting its moxie going
Blind Red Dragon
DK Law
Blind Red Dragon

I wont lie that was a filler just to kinda bump up the thread but wanted to say something that wasnt just a bump

it maybe impossible to have this legitimately but Im sure at some point this will become an issue, especially if they have move tutors in the next games

Moxie Mence is too strong, i bet Smogon is going to ban it to Ubers within a week it gets released.

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Dancing_Water-x
Blind Red Dragon
x-Dancing_Water-x

and perfect accuracy

That is quite scary eek

such a shame there is no dragon that legitimately available to use outrage with moxie right now

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
DK Law
Blind Red Dragon
DK Law
Blind Red Dragon

Moxie Mence is too strong, i bet Smogon is going to ban it to Ubers within a week it gets released.

I assume its already illegal just so people dont get the idea when it is released
I mean with max attack outrage will have including STAB
540 base attack
and its not likely to miss
I love salamence but even I encourage the ban of moxie mence cause of what a threat it will be

Moonlight Hunter

Blind Red Dragon
such a shame there is no dragon that legitimately available to use outrage with moxie right now

I'd just be banned to Ubers straight away rolleyes

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I honestly think Mightyena is only moxie pokemon that really doesnt get to enjoy its effect

I think its just the unfortunately luck of the dark type where they dont have a really good STAB attack
if it could at least use foul play it might be able to really get its moxie rolling

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Dancing_Water-x
Blind Red Dragon

but they cant stop ya from using it in game and on the subway
which is the only place I would wanna use it anyways

Moonlight Hunter

Blind Red Dragon
x-Dancing_Water-x
Blind Red Dragon

but they cant stop ya from using it in game and on the subway
which is the only place I would wanna use it anyways

Well, sure. You can use it to rape everything in-game twisted

Barton Defender

Blind Red Dragon
I honestly think Mightyena is only moxie pokemon that really doesnt get to enjoy its effect

I think its just the unfortunately luck of the dark type where they dont have a really good STAB attack
if it could at least use foul play it might be able to really get its moxie rolling

That and Mightyena wasn't given much to start with. Given its stats, Sucker Punch is the ONLY move it can make use out of, combined with Taunt, because of its low Speed. Its attack is already low to start with, it doesn't have a great movepool, and its defenses aren't high enough to use Payback like Scrafty. I think Mightyena would only fit in with a BPer, but a lot of other Pokemon do that a lot better.

And about Scrafty: I can't believe I didn't think of SubPunch.. Also give that Leftovers and Drain Punch and eek
I just give mine Payback mainly for coverage and because it makes great use of it. I wonder how it would do with Trick Room teams.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games