• Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

Well there's still Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Christopher Lee, Malcom McDowell, Roddy McDowall and others, not mention Vincent Price and Claude Rains. But than again, there's still voice actors who known mainly due to their voice. It's ideal, actor's work without the recognition.

Somethings are overrated which really churns my butter because some great stuff out there will be overlooked and be dropped due to poor performance on box office or ratings (TV). Anne Rice's vampires although meant for the same thing as Twilight, they at least can be taken seriously.

It's gaining popularity and pretty mainstream now, I see the TPB being sold in HMV and stuff.

Oh yes, those are definitely loved voices. It doesn't get any better than that. And yeah, I know what you mean. I am a voice actor lover. I have an ear for that sort of thing. David Kaye being my top love. His voice is pure ear candy to me. I would probably love to be a Voice Director, I would have jobs for him all the time. biggrin And yeah that was a very good way to put that. That's what's so great about being a voice actor. I would hate to have to put up with being an actor, because you have all sorts of weirdos trying to catch you in the wrong, you know with paparazzi and all that. It's so dramatic. But then you have voice actors, and they have nice private lives, with a few obsessed fans here and there, but it's all good and you are making decent money.

Yeah, I know. It's a crazy world. And it seems that stuff is made only to appeal to teeny bopping girls and overly femine boys these days. I don't think I have heard of Anne Rice...... I don't keep up with most things these days. The only way I know about anything is if a family member mentions it and if it doesn't catch my attention or tickle my fancy, then I usually ignore it. I don't really watch television anymore. I haven't watched the television for more than 7 months now.

I personally don't know if I'm a particular fan of any voice actor outside of the stuff I enjoy and each voice has had a ton of roles, more than any actor. Most of the time I hear their voice and I say "Hey, it's that guy from *bleep*" But I'm familiar with Tony Jay, Tara Strong, Josh Keaton, Nolan North and a bunch of anime guys.

I don't watch the telly either, but I know shows get canceled for whatever reason ratings, funding or other so a dedicated follower gets no payoff. It's betrayal to the loyalty but it's not really the makers' fault and nothing can really be done about it.

Yeah, I do the same thing. I'll be like "Ha, that's -Whoever- doing voice work for a Hot Pocket Commercial!" you know, or whatever I hear them on. I am all for the anime and video game voice actors. I love Nolan North, he seems like such a fun guy!

Yeah there is always stuff going on like that. I usually just here about that stuff much later than it happens.

Personalities of the v/a is usually expressed in some of the characters they portray I guess. I guess Frank Welker is just a menacing guy.

Man, they'll put up anything if it sells. Doesn't matter if it's good, original or well made. That's sad.

I don't know, when I think about Frank Welker, I think, Scooby Doo, Fred, Garfield, you know the neighborly voices he does. He seems like a neighborly guy. And I know he does Megatron's voice for the Movie, but I just can't think of him as a menacing guy and I guess my mind goes to David Kaye when I think Megatron. But a menacing voice and a menacing man would have to be Tony Todd. Man, is he menacing!

And yeah, it's a damn shame how we get shitty stuff on the telly. That's one of the main reason I stopped watching television. If I do watch anything, it's usually the news, and I try not to watch that for very long.

Well, when I think Frank Welker I think Dr. Claw, Megatron and Stripe. So uh, I guess he's nice. No one who does cartoon voices can be vilainous I suppose. What? C'mon, Christopher Walken as himself has Tony Todd beat.

I don't watch telly at all, only use TV is for gaming or movies/shows on disc.

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ruthless Raider

10,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

I personally don't know if I'm a particular fan of any voice actor outside of the stuff I enjoy and each voice has had a ton of roles, more than any actor. Most of the time I hear their voice and I say "Hey, it's that guy from *bleep*" But I'm familiar with Tony Jay, Tara Strong, Josh Keaton, Nolan North and a bunch of anime guys.

I don't watch the telly either, but I know shows get canceled for whatever reason ratings, funding or other so a dedicated follower gets no payoff. It's betrayal to the loyalty but it's not really the makers' fault and nothing can really be done about it.

Yeah, I do the same thing. I'll be like "Ha, that's -Whoever- doing voice work for a Hot Pocket Commercial!" you know, or whatever I hear them on. I am all for the anime and video game voice actors. I love Nolan North, he seems like such a fun guy!

Yeah there is always stuff going on like that. I usually just here about that stuff much later than it happens.

Personalities of the v/a is usually expressed in some of the characters they portray I guess. I guess Frank Welker is just a menacing guy.

Man, they'll put up anything if it sells. Doesn't matter if it's good, original or well made. That's sad.

I don't know, when I think about Frank Welker, I think, Scooby Doo, Fred, Garfield, you know the neighborly voices he does. He seems like a neighborly guy. And I know he does Megatron's voice for the Movie, but I just can't think of him as a menacing guy and I guess my mind goes to David Kaye when I think Megatron. But a menacing voice and a menacing man would have to be Tony Todd. Man, is he menacing!

And yeah, it's a damn shame how we get shitty stuff on the telly. That's one of the main reason I stopped watching television. If I do watch anything, it's usually the news, and I try not to watch that for very long.

Well, when I think Frank Welker I think Dr. Claw, Megatron and Stripe. So uh, I guess he's nice. No one who does cartoon voices can be vilainous I suppose. What? C'mon, Christopher Walken as himself has Tony Todd beat.

LMAO! Ok, that, that is debateable. I like Christopher Walken, he was a decent looking man in his younger days, he has a friendly sense about him, but he is a bit menacing nowadays. Tony Todd on the other hand, he may be a friendly guy and all in real life, but when I think about him, I think about a large bloody hook and an a** load of bees. Tony has always looked the same and I am not sure if that is a good thing. Oh and speaking of Doctor Claw, do you ever remember seeing his face in the cartoon? Or did you only see it when they made him into a toy?

Yeah that's usually what I use the telly for, but not even for that for these 7 or more months.

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

LMAO! Ok, that, that is debateable. I like Christopher Walken, he was a decent looking man in his younger days, he has a friendly sense about him, but he is a bit menacing nowadays. Tony Todd on the other hand, he may be a friendly guy and all in real life, but when I think about him, I think about a large bloody hook and an a** load of bees. Tony has always looked the same and I am not sure if that is a good thing. Oh and speaking of Doctor Claw, do you ever remember seeing his face in the cartoon? Or did you only see it when they made him into a toy?

Yeah that's usually what I use the telly for, but not even for that for these 7 or more months.

Bees, my god! Tommy gun! Hell, I can think of plenty of guys creepy enough for Tony Todd. Tim Curry, Christopher Lee, Gestapo guy from Raiders, Jack Nicholson. Mainly because they can weird you out outside or inside their roles. Nah, Dr. Claw never had a face as I recall...until that abomination of a live action movie came along. If I ever see a copy of that, I'm leaving it with the burnable garbage. Really makes miss the days when Disney movies could be taken seriously.

Man, you gotta get some gaming done. Brush up on the skills lest they get rusty.

Ruthless Raider

10,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

Bees, my god! Tommy gun! Hell, I can think of plenty of guys creepy enough for Tony Todd. Tim Curry, Christopher Lee, Gestapo guy from Raiders, Jack Nicholson. Mainly because they can weird you out outside or inside their roles. Nah, Dr. Claw never had a face as I recall...until that abomination of a live action movie came along. If I ever see a copy of that, I'm leaving it with the burnable garbage. Really makes miss the days when Disney movies could be taken seriously.

Man, you gotta get some gaming done. Brush up on the skills lest they get rusty.

Well, although I am not afraid of bees, one bee sting could mean death for me. I am allergic......
I don't find anything scary about Christopher Lee (handsome) or Jack Nicholson(reminds me of my Grandpa). Tim Curry may be a bit freaky, but I think he's cool. And as for that Gestapo guy, I have no idea who that is.....
I never saw the live action movie, but I do remember the toy of doctor claw, he wasn't what I expected.... He had looked like a fifty year old tyrant with white hair with a very angry face, they also showed his face in the SNES game. You might could find a picture of it online..... I haven't looked, so I can't be too sure.
Yeah, Disney was the best, in my opinion, back in the day. I am totally a Classic Disney fan. Now I hear that it is overrun by pure lameness and stupid teenager bull crap. Although, the most recent Disney movie that I watched was Tangled, and I, to my surprise, enjoyed it.

Yeah I know, I have really been itching to play OoT lately, so I think I might give in and go hook that s**t up..... I am a big LoZ fan.

Durem Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
I. LIKE.PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIE MEH!!!!!!!!!! GO KANOKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie yum_pie

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

Well, although I am not afraid of bees, one bee sting could mean death for me. I am allergic......
I don't find anything scary about Christopher Lee (handsome) or Jack Nicholson(reminds me of my Grandpa). Tim Curry may be a bit freaky, but I think he's cool. And as for that Gestapo guy, I have no idea who that is.....
I never saw the live action movie, but I do remember the toy of doctor claw, he wasn't what I expected.... He had looked like a fifty year old tyrant with white hair with a very angry face, they also showed his face in the SNES game. You might could find a picture of it online..... I haven't looked, so I can't be too sure.
Yeah, Disney was the best, in my opinion, back in the day. I am totally a Classic Disney fan. Now I hear that it is overrun by pure lameness and stupid teenager bull crap. Although, the most recent Disney movie that I watched was Tangled, and I, to my surprise, enjoyed it.

Yeah I know, I have really been itching to play OoT lately, so I think I might give in and go hook that s**t up..... I am a big LoZ fan.

From Raiders of the Lost Ark, guy with symbol burned into his hand, Nazi with the face melter?
I don't find Tony Todd that threatening either, maybe because Ernie Hudson will blow him away if tries anything. Seeing his face is like having Tom & Jerry be friends who don't hurt each other and sing, it's an abomination to mankind and should be repressed from our memories.

Disney back than rarely pulled punches back than, it's like they really were trying to craft a good story and entertain. Nowadays, it's about broadening your demographic by pandering, being edgy, self-referential and selling tickets.

Well, I more of a Castlevania and Mega Man fan when it comes to old school franchises.

Ruthless Raider

10,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

From Raiders of the Lost Ark, guy with symbol burned into his hand, Nazi with the face melter?
I don't find Tony Todd that threatening either, maybe because Ernie Hudson will blow him away if tries anything. Seeing his face is like having Tom & Jerry be friends who don't hurt each other and sing, it's an abomination to mankind and should be repressed from our memories.

Disney back than rarely pulled punches back than, it's like they really were trying to craft a good story and entertain. Nowadays, it's about broadening your demographic by pandering, being edgy, self-referential and selling tickets.

Well, I more of a Castlevania and Mega Man fan when it comes to old school franchises.

I don't guess I saw that one....
Lmao.... Ernie Hudson, he is such a friendly looking guy.
LMAO! Yeah, I somewhat repress it from mine. I like to pretend he has a face like Scorpion, or just a menacing, yet handsome face.

Yeah, Disney, back in the day, had it all. It was good, it had murder, awesome villains, heartbreaking..... Catchy songs that I know almost every word to. I have so many good memories of Disney from my childhood.... and I don't care how old I get, those movies from my childhood will never get old.

I see that. Castlevania comes across in your avi, to me anyway.
My brother and I played Mega Man a pretty good bit on our Nintendo back in the day, he has even got a copy put on the computer some kind of way, but I forget how to get the game running..... there is a strange method to it.... A guy from his job told him how to start it up, but I think that guy quit or something....

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

LMAO! Yeah, I somewhat repress it from mine. I like to pretend he has a face like Scorpion, or just a menacing, yet handsome face.

Yeah, Disney, back in the day, had it all. It was good, it had murder, awesome villains, heartbreaking..... Catchy songs that I know almost every word to. I have so many good memories of Disney from my childhood.... and I don't care how old I get, those movies from my childhood will never get old.

My brother and I played Mega Man a pretty good bit on our Nintendo back in the day, he has even got a copy put on the computer some kind of way, but I forget how to get the game running..... there is a strange method to it.... A guy from his job told him how to start it up, but I think that guy quit or something....

He may be friendly, but he has skills that kills. Candy Man is a ghost about be busted, bro.
Or maybe a Vader face (not Hayden Christensen).

The best thing out of many of the old Disney movies were the villains. It's pretty ironic to say that Disney really knows how to get evil right.

I hope Megaman and anybody from Castlevania has a crossover thing like in the next Smash Bros. Just pile up on the badassery like Snake already has. Actually, I hope Gabriel Belmont has a guest appearance on the next Soul Calibur. It's a perfect fit when considering he uses a weapon and the setting being more historic. It's a better fit than Kratos being in SC or Cole from Infamous being in Street Fighter X Tekken. I mean it's a crossover guest-starring...somebody completely random! And did you see his hands? They're huge! It reminds me of that scene in the Star Trek reboot.

Ruthless Raider

10,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

He may be friendly, but he has skills that kills. Candy Man is a ghost about be busted, bro.

The best thing out of many of the old Disney movies were the villains. It's pretty ironic to say that Disney really knows how to get evil right.

I hope Megaman and anybody from Castlevania has a crossover thing like in the next Smash Bros. Just pile up on the badassery like Snake already has. Actually, I hope Gabriel Belmont has a guest appearance on the next Soul Calibur. It's a perfect fit when considering he uses a weapon and the setting being more historic. It's a better fit than Kratos being in SC or Cole from Infamous being in Street Fighter X Tekken. I mean it's a crossover guest-starring...somebody completely random! And did you see his hands? They're huge! It reminds me of that scene in the Star Trek reboot.

Lmao!

Yeah, isn't that a strange thing to admit?

You know, I have only played Smash Bros. twice in my life, a cousin of mine had it. I played as Link of course, and then Samus.... But I have never played Soul Calibur. What is it like? I have heard it was pretty good.

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

Lmao!

You know, I have only played Smash Bros. twice in my life, a cousin of mine had it. I played as Link of course, and then Samus.... But I have never played Soul Calibur. What is it like? I have heard it was pretty good.

Yeah, it's like they're not even attempting to hide it...if I were evil (and I am), I wouldn't hide it either.

It's like but Tekken with weapons.
It's an anime influenced game though so expect 3 things:

1. A guy with a giant a** sword is a given

2. Women, jiggle physics and dressed for..."battle"

3. Narrator who babbles metaphors nobody understands surrounding some groan worthy dialogue

Ruthless Raider

10,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

Lmao!

Yeah, it's like they're not even attempting to hide it...if I were evil (and I am), I wouldn't hide it either.

3. Narrator who babbles metaphors nobody understands surrounding some groan worthy dialogue

Lol.

Ah, that is easy to imagine.

1. That is something that I could expect to expect.
2. That sounds so familiar. Lol. I have played a few games like that.
3. Lmao. What do you mean, groan worthy? Like long drawn out boring dialogue?

And also, is Soul Calibur a game that is only for Wii or.....?

elusie's Wife

Chatty Fairy

Bump cat_3nodding

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo
Bloody Red Riding Hood
Lambda Belmondo

Lmao!

Lol.

Ah, that is easy to imagine.

1. That is something that I could expect to expect.
2. That sounds so familiar. Lol. I have played a few games like that.
3. Lmao. What do you mean, groan worthy? Like long drawn out boring dialogue?

And also, is Soul Calibur a game that is only for Wii or.....?

It goes back to arcade and dreamcast. Sequels have been on the previous gen consoles (PS2, NGC, X-Box) and the latest one (SC4) is Next/Current Gen for PS3, 360. No, it's just poorly written. Have you ever really payed attention to the story or writing for a fighting game? Since it's set back around medieval times with the weapons and such, the way they diss and talk smack about each other...imagine stuck-up, constipated English men trying to talk trash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff