Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Invidere
Thank you everyone for your replies!

Apparently, the owners are willing to give the cat to us since the little guy already seem decided that he wants to be with us! (He sit at our porch and greets me when I go outside. biggrin )

Thats great news!

Dead Hellraiser

That's great news!

Unholy Hellraiser

21,150 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Thank you everyone for your replies!

Apparently, the owners are willing to give the cat to us since the little guy already seem decided that he wants to be with us! (He sit at our porch and greets me when I go outside. biggrin )

Magical Strawberry

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
He looks like a total sweetie! I possibly suggest calling Animal Control if possible.
Also, if you're able to, maybe see if you are able to take him in.
Your post said that he was really attached to you, so I think that could be a good option as well. It'd be a nicer alternative to the kitty's current situation right now.

Aged Girl

Ailinea
Nurse Kipsie
Animal Controls here kill the majority of the animals they take in.
If you're not attached to the cat, then it's a good choice, and the cat will no longer experience suffrage.

I know this is completely off topic, but I had to point this out:

suf·frage [suhf-rij]
noun
1. the right to vote, especially in a political election.
2. a vote given in favor of a proposed measure, candidate, or the like.
3.Ecclesiastical . a prayer, especially a short intercessory prayer or petition.

I don't think the cat will be experiencing suffrage any time soon. :3 But yes, I knew what you meant.

I don't remember if that was a type on my part or Google Chrome's spell checker.
biggrin
Thanks, anyway!
Nurse Kipsie
If you're not attached to the cat, then it's a good choice, and the cat will no longer experience suffrage.

I know this is completely off topic, but I had to point this out:

suf·frage [suhf-rij]
noun
1. the right to vote, especially in a political election.
2. a vote given in favor of a proposed measure, candidate, or the like.
3.Ecclesiastical . a prayer, especially a short intercessory prayer or petition.

I don't think the cat will be experiencing suffrage any time soon. :3 But yes, I knew what you meant.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Oh he is so pretty!

Unholy Hellraiser

21,150 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Here are the cat's pictures... Sorry about the crap quality, he keeps moving around and it's hard to get a good picture since he's so jumpy.

User Image
User Image

Mega Mage

Are you capable of adopting the cat? Because if you really really enjoy him and he enjoys you, and if you are prepared to deal with the implications that come with adopting such a cat (and prepared for the scenario where you may just have to put him down anyway), I say take the cat in. If those people really do have that many 'stolen animals', one more missing isn't going to kill them, obviously.
Not that I condone stealing, but ya' know... I'd do it. 3nodding

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
I would still call ac

Aged Girl

Unholy Hellraiser

21,150 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Thank you for the responses, but I also forgot to add that the people who own the tabby seem to get their neglected cats "stolen" quite often. (According to the man from the household who owns the cats.) I guess they just replace their stolen cats with new cats.

Also, the reason why I was asking was because the tabby's household is planning to move...And they seem to be not letting the tabby back in the house. I'm starting to wonder if they are just going to ditch him in the neighborhood and leave without him... crying

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
I would give animal control a call

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Invidere
So it's been almost an year this has been going on and I've been seeing an terribly emaciated tabby male who comes by my house for food. He's so skinny that you can see his hipbones and if you pet his back, you can feel his spine instead of fur. His posture doesn't look right too, but I'm not sure if that's just because he doesn't really have that much fat on him. I know where he lives, which is a house filled with other animals like other cats and a really mean chihuahua. I've been feeding him food and gave him some affection whenever he comes by since I'm hoping that will help him at least have some energy to go hunting or walking around. (I saw him wandering around the neighborhood and visits me when someone in my household sticks around the porch for awhile.)

He seems very attached to me and my household, and responds to the "nickname" I gave him rather than his owner's given name. (One time, they tried to call him back when he ran to me and rubbed against me and ignored their calls, so they gave up on trying to get him back from our porch.) He looks so fragile and small compared to the other male cat that is neutered and pretty much my household's "outside cat." I think he's about 1-2 years old, but he really looks like a 6-7 month old cat. I'll try getting pictures of him soon as possible and post it up here for any opinions. Until then, what should I do for the poor cat? I honestly just want to see the cat be in better care and be in better shape. crying

Also, sorry about the long post... I just needed to get that off my chest. sweatdrop

Perhaps contact animal control? If she has one animal like this, perhaps she has many?

Do take photos of his current state, it is evidence of neglect if there is proof that this cat is owned by that person.

Unholy Hellraiser

21,150 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
So it's been almost an year this has been going on and I've been seeing an terribly emaciated tabby male who comes by my house for food. He's so skinny that you can see his hipbones and if you pet his back, you can feel his spine instead of fur. His posture doesn't look right too, but I'm not sure if that's just because he doesn't really have that much fat on him. I know where he lives, which is a house filled with other animals like other cats and a really mean chihuahua. I've been feeding him food and gave him some affection whenever he comes by since I'm hoping that will help him at least have some energy to go hunting or walking around. (I saw him wandering around the neighborhood and visits me when someone in my household sticks around the porch for awhile.)

He seems very attached to me and my household, and responds to the "nickname" I gave him rather than his owner's given name. (One time, they tried to call him back when he ran to me and rubbed against me and ignored their calls, so they gave up on trying to get him back from our porch.) He looks so fragile and small compared to the other male cat that is neutered and pretty much my household's "outside cat." I think he's about 1-2 years old, but he really looks like a 6-7 month old cat. I'll try getting pictures of him soon as possible and post it up here for any opinions. Until then, what should I do for the poor cat? I honestly just want to see the cat be in better care and be in better shape. crying

Also, sorry about the long post... I just needed to get that off my chest. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff