Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do people have a right to crop and dock dogs?

Yes, it's art. Dam gubmit can't take away ma rights. 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 3 ]
No, it's barbaric. I don't give a dam about breed standards. 0.82352941176471 82.4% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Latrans
Fallen-Pottery-Angel

I remember hearing/learning about that in school. It's got something to do with the genetics and how its been done for so many years.

Not, though, as I'm sure you know, BECAUSE they're docked; the bob-tail gene didn't appear because of docking, haha.

You're probably right, but now I want to know what caused the bob-tail gene. I've found why they're docked, though I think hygiene reasons are a bit odd. Yes they do that very thick furred back ends, but I've seen retrievers who get all sorts of stuff stuck in their butt fur, feces being a more common one, same thing with shelties, especially the super thick ones.

Devoted Inquisitor

Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Latrans
Fallen-Pottery-Angel

I remember hearing/learning about that in school. It's got something to do with the genetics and how its been done for so many years.

Not, though, as I'm sure you know, BECAUSE they're docked; the bob-tail gene didn't appear because of docking, haha.

You're probably right, but now I want to know what caused the bob-tail gene. I've found why they're docked, though I think hygiene reasons are a bit odd. Yes they do that very thick furred back ends, but I've seen retrievers who get all sorts of stuff stuck in their butt fur, feces being a more common one, same thing with shelties, especially the super thick ones.

Random mutation did, same as all gene changes. :3

And people do use hygiene as a reason for docking, but I don't like it. It's easier to cut fur than cut tails.
Latrans

And people do use hygiene as a reason for docking, but I don't like it. It's easier to cut fur than cut tails.
Unless you are Kirby. Trimming any hair around his bum/tail area turns him into a maimed dog. I think he might be a descendant of Samson.

Devoted Inquisitor

Krissim Klaw
Latrans

Unless you are Kirby. Trimming any hair around his bum/tail area turns him into a maimed dog. I think he might be a descendant of Samson.

Have you tried cutting off his tail?
Latrans

Have you tried cutting off his tail?
I was going to, but decided to leave it on to troll the vet techs each year. They have a lot of fun trying to locate his poop shoot when it is time to take his temperature.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Latrans
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Latrans
Fallen-Pottery-Angel

That makes sense

So true, that's what sanitary trims are for :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas