Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mistress of Rain

when i see 100+ adoption fees it doens't feel like it is just trying to make sure it is a good home.
I personally would be hard pressed to adopt out a cat/dog to a stranger for under $100. I rather risk a person getting a touch of a profit than an animal being used as a bait dog or lit on fire because hey, that cat was free why not?

Shanna66

there are ways of getting around drop off fees, like just leaving the animal in a box or tied up right in front of the shelter. the people who would rather kill their animals or set them free are usually the same ones who wouldnt feel like driving all the way to the shelter to drop the animal off because its too much of a hassle. not to mention some of the ones who set their animals "free" may also be doing it so their animal doesnt die in a shelter so it wouldnt matter how much the drop off fee is.
I see people bashing the practice of dropping of animals in front of shelters just as bd. You also have to account for many times during the year the outside of a shelter can still leave an animal in a bad spot, like say in winter months. Look at the human laws. Many places now have where you can drop your baby off at a hospital without punishment. It isn't done to be nice to the parents but to lower the risk people will do something to the child because they feel they have no other option.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Krissim Klaw
Mistress of Rain

when i see 100+ adoption fees it doens't feel like it is just trying to make sure it is a good home.
I personally would be hard pressed to adopt out a cat/dog to a stranger for under $100. I rather risk a person getting a touch of a profit than an animal being used as a bait dog or lit on fire because hey, that cat was free why not?

Shanna66

there are ways of getting around drop off fees, like just leaving the animal in a box or tied up right in front of the shelter. the people who would rather kill their animals or set them free are usually the same ones who wouldnt feel like driving all the way to the shelter to drop the animal off because its too much of a hassle. not to mention some of the ones who set their animals "free" may also be doing it so their animal doesnt die in a shelter so it wouldnt matter how much the drop off fee is.
I see people bashing the practice of dropping of animals in front of shelters just as bd. You also have to account for many times during the year the outside of a shelter can still leave an animal in a bad spot, like say in winter months. Look at the human laws. Many places now have where you can drop your baby off at a hospital without punishment. It isn't done to be nice to the parents but to lower the risk people will do something to the child because they feel they have no other option.

but shelters need those drop off fees. if they just took in animals for free all the time then they wouldnt be able to care for as many animals for as long as they do and more animals would end up being put down. i think its one of those things where you are screwed no matter which you choose sad
Shanna66

but shelters need those drop off fees. if they just took in animals for free all the time then they wouldnt be able to care for as many animals for as long as they do and more animals would end up being put down. i think its one of those things where you are screwed no matter which you choose sad
Yep, exactly, it is often a no win situation and many shelters are torn over how to proceed. Some choose to go the no mandatory fee route, others charge so they can help support the shelter so they can do more. It is why the world would be a better place if people weren't so irresponsible they would dump animals at the shelter to begin with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff