Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Radiant Nightmares
What breed of cat do you think is the best?
The shelter mainly has tabby cats. Though I don't really care for finding a specific breed I'm more of the "aww this one has all these unique cute markings or is the 'black sheep' so I want it, to love it since no one else will" type of person.

tabby isnt a breed, just a coloration

each breed is different and what i consider best may be very different from what you consider best.

personally i prefer a super energetic cat, i love crazy energy in cats. i was lucky enough to find this personality in a kitten i was fostering so we decided to just go ahead and adopt her

most people who come to our shelter want something a little playful but overall lazy, and thats great too. my other 2 cats are huge lazy lumps of cuddle fat

just go to the shelter and be honest with yourself about what you want and what you can handle and ask the staff to help you pick someone out

Magical Girl

Shanna66
Radiant Nightmares
What breed of cat do you think is the best?
The shelter mainly has tabby cats. Though I don't really care for finding a specific breed I'm more of the "aww this one has all these unique cute markings or is the 'black sheep' so I want it, to love it since no one else will" type of person.

tabby isnt a breed, just a coloration

each breed is different and what i consider best may be very different from what you consider best.

personally i prefer a super energetic cat, i love crazy energy in cats. i was lucky enough to find this personality in a kitten i was fostering so we decided to just go ahead and adopt her

most people who come to our shelter want something a little playful but overall lazy, and thats great too. my other 2 cats are huge lazy lumps of cuddle fat

just go to the shelter and be honest with yourself about what you want and what you can handle and ask the staff to help you pick someone out

I know it isn't a breed... they are two different sentences...
I didn't ask about which cat personality you prefer should I pick you apart for that too?
But I didn't want to simply say "all they have is domestic cats" since that really is a broad term only very rarely do they have anything else like Persian, Siamese, ect.
Normally people know if you say tabby, barn tabby, orange, black, white, they assume you just mean a domestic cat and nothing really special.

I'm not asking the staff to help me pick someone out, Once I look at the cat I'll know which one. Though even if I find the one, doesn't mean my boyfriend will agree and those are the terms of getting this kitten. "We both have to fall in love for it."
We aren't going to the actual shelter or else then maybe I would ask the staff, instead we are going to the pet store close to my house that the shelter branches out their cats too since the shelter doesn't have room for all the cats.

Of course if I wanted to be really picky about what cat I wanted I couldn't even get it from the shelter since I'd probably want a Sphynx, Bengal, or a Ragdoll and the shelter NEVER has those. Plus these breeds tend to be ubber expensive and the point of getting this kitten is to rescue it so it has a forever home and a better life then it either had or could have had. Though some breeders/people who sell animals online could be just as bad with their animals they are selling at least I know the animals from the shelter are fixed, got their shots, and wont just die on my the next day like some of my friends have experienced from getting animals via kijiji.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff