Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Yes okay so I know I said I wanted to keep two leopard geckos together the other day...
I went to see what kind of Leopard Geckos the shop I buy them from has, and I saw that they have Gargoyle Geckos.
I was thinking maybe two of those if possible but I don't know much about housing two of them together.
I tried googling it and I can't find anything about NOT keeping them together.
Only keeping two females together is okay.
But what does the size need to be of the tank for two females? It says that adults can be kept in 20 gallons and my tank is 50 gallons (custom)
edit:
Okay, so I got a pic. Now bare with me it's looking a little rough but it will be sufficiently cleaned and scrubbed before putting anything else in there.
And I said it was custom, not that it was pretty.
User Image
User Image

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
CAST1EL
Yes okay so I know I said I wanted to keep two leopard geckos together the other day...
I went to see what kind of Leopard Geckos the shop I buy them from has, and I saw that they have Gargoyle Geckos.
I was thinking maybe two of those if possible but I don't know much about housing two of them together.
I tried googling it and I can't find anything about NOT keeping them together.
Only keeping two females together is okay.
But what does the size need to be of the tank for two females? It says that adults can be kept in 20 gallons and my tank is 50 gallons (custom)
edit:
Okay, so I got a pic. Now bare with me it's looking a little rough but it will be sufficiently cleaned and scrubbed before putting anything else in there.
And I said it was custom, not that it was pretty.
User Image
User Image

If they are both female, I'd say it would be fine to keep them in there together. But if you have a mixed male and female, or two males I'd not recommend it. They can become hostile if sharing a living space. If you keep them in the same tank, make sure to get two of anything you put in there so they don't get territorial.

I've had a ton of geckos in my life. This is not every single one, but from my experience.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
I wouldnt. The females are meaner than the males

How about 2 or 3 female crested geckos?

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Shanna66

Yeah, problem there is...they're ******** expensive ): It's $100 for a SINGLE female crested.
Though I think I am going to get a different lizard now... I need to stop changing my mind, but there is a lizard that my girlfriend really likes and she ******** hates lizards, so I'm going to go ahead and get it instead.
Unfortunately they are like $119 dollars but..

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
CAST1EL
Shanna66

Yeah, problem there is...they're ******** expensive ): It's $100 for a SINGLE female crested.
Though I think I am going to get a different lizard now... I need to stop changing my mind, but there is a lizard that my girlfriend really likes and she ******** hates lizards, so I'm going to go ahead and get it instead.

Where are you looking where they cost so much? I paid less than that for mine and I got him from a breeder. They are almost as cheap as leos

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Shanna66
CAST1EL
Shanna66

Where are you looking where they cost so much? I paid less than that for mine and I got him from a breeder. They are almost as cheap as leos

The only shop that really sells reptiles around here, other than petco, is kind of like a wholesale place that breeds their own reptiles I think. Or they used to? Idk. I know they got lizards in from other shops because I called earlier, asking about prices, and he said that they get gargoyle geckos in Friday....
CAST1EL

The only shop that really sells reptiles around here, other than petco, is kind of like a wholesale place that breeds their own reptiles I think. Or they used to? Idk. I know they got lizards in from other shops because I called earlier, asking about prices, and he said that they get gargoyle geckos in Friday....
Do yourself a favor and join a couple reptile forums. Most forums have breeder feedback forums where you can look up info on different people/places you can order geckos from and have shipped. Literally the world is your oyster when it comes to reptiles. You will be able to hunt down the color morphs you want, and I'm sure you can get a great deal on a few pretty lady crested geckos. Petstores way up-charge from what you can get directly from breeders.

Geckos can have the lifespan of a dog, so rather than rush to buy something from a petstore you really didn't want, take a little time, and and make sure you are getting exactly what you want.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff