Welcome to Gaia! ::

So another forum I lurk on does this and I think it'd be really fun. Basically it's for dog owners mainly (though you could enter other pets). And we take a month to teach our pet a new trick, then at the end I could put the entries in a poll and whoever gets the most votes in a week or so, wins. At this stage there's no prizes though, other then some congratulations and the awesome feeling you get when you win haha.

I'd probably put all the videos in the second post for people to see at the end of the month.

But I need ideas on tricks. I think we should have two-three levels. Like, beginners, advanced and expert, so there would be a level for everyone to pick from. Then you guys suggest a trick for each level every month.

What do you guys think? Would it be fun or no?
Reserved for videos, just in case

Devoted Inquisitor

Yes, please.

There's no reason other pets wouldn't be able to do this at all.

A month is a long time, though. I'd vote a week/trick.
Hmm, how about fortnightly? Some people aren't as experienced with training, and some pets may not get it for a bit longer. 2 weeks is a good amount of time for most to train their pet, but not to long that people who finish quicker get to impatient lol.

What kind of tricks do you think each level should have? I think I might change it to just beginners/regular and advanced. That way most people can do the tricks in the regular catagory, but people like you can do a harder trick so theres more challenge in it

Devoted Inquisitor

That could work. :] It's not super important.

Tricks I'd call 'easy':
BANG! you're dead.
Bow!
Shake/paw
Falcon! (perch front paws on forearm)
Sit up pretty
Jump through a hoop

Tricks I'd call harder:
Roll (over)
Balance a treat on the nose
Crawl
Bark!
Find my _____! (Keys/phone/wallet/shoe/whatever)
A-choo! (get a tissue!)
Go to the _____! (room of the house)
Lift your ____ paw! (left/right/back whatever)
Handstand
Walk (on your hind legs)
Run through a rolling hoop
Ride a skateboard

Basically, the second category should have tricks that either have more 'steps' or require the building of a skill, while the easier ones should be just a one-step thing (basically, something the dog already knows how to do, just putting a name to it).
Ok, sounds great! I think we should just wait a couple more days and see who else is interested, then pick the trick for each level.
Should be fun smile

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
I love it! When I am less ill I will return with ideas and such.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Latrans
That could work. :] It's not super important.

Tricks I'd call 'easy':
BANG! you're dead.
Bow!
Shake/paw
Falcon! (perch front paws on forearm)
Sit up pretty
Jump through a hoop

Tricks I'd call harder:
Roll (over)
Balance a treat on the nose
Crawl
Bark!
Find my _____! (Keys/phone/wallet/shoe/whatever)
A-choo! (get a tissue!)
Go to the _____! (room of the house)
Lift your ____ paw! (left/right/back whatever)
Handstand
Walk (on your hind legs)
Run through a rolling hoop
Ride a skateboard

Basically, the second category should have tricks that either have more 'steps' or require the building of a skill, while the easier ones should be just a one-step thing (basically, something the dog already knows how to do, just putting a name to it).

bang dead is easier than bark? not in my house XD

i think this is a great idea. im sure i can get some great trick ideas out of all this mrgreen

Aged Hunter

I'm game biggrin I need some ideas for Will. I also need something to kick me in the pants to work on more then just his reactivity sweatdrop

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
*lurks* May not be able to do anything for a little while (school ending...then work/packing to move...then moving/working)

may give me motivation for training Ika, even if she isn't a dog.... and I know I can teach maybe one or two of the gerbils a few of the tricks in beginner... if a finger would be alright for "falcon" instead of an arm lol.

Devoted Inquisitor

Shanna66

bang dead is easier than bark? not in my house XD

i think this is a great idea. im sure i can get some great trick ideas out of all this mrgreen

Barking on cue. whee

Invisible Phantom

13,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Hunter 50
Might try, depends if i am able to take this semester off... gotta go find my department head still. But if I do I'll have plenty of time to spend with my pets. xp
Alright, so anyone have any tricks they would like to teach and we could use for the challenge?
DeeSpark
Alright, so anyone have any tricks they would like to teach and we could use for the challenge?
I think the first trick we should teach is walking on the ceiling. My mantises will totally pwn at that trick. emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff