Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lupine Hellraiser

So I ended up with a cute little baby tortoise.
Someone found it in their yard and brought it in to my store.
My asshat manager refused to take it in for adoptions because "we don't have the set up." Bull s**t.
Anyways I took it home since I've been wanting one for a while.
But I'm not sure what kind it is???
Photos aren't the best. x x x
My first thought was a desert tortoise, since they aren't all that uncommon out here. But the more I look the more I think maybe African Spurred?
I don't know all that much about tortoises, I didn't plan on getting one anytime soon so I haven't done much research yet.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Well you arent going to want to hear this but the best thing you can do is release him around where he was found

Wild caught herps are tough even for experienced keepers

If you want a pet reptile only go for captive bred

Lupine Hellraiser

Shanna66
Well you arent going to want to hear this but the best thing you can do is release him around where he was found

I actually have already been looking to see if I can find a sanctuary near me. I'm not sure where she found him (she refused to take it home and my work area has heavy traffic) and my area isn't really suitable.

The reason I was asking what kind is she mentioned someone near her that moved recently having lots of tortoises in their yard and she wasn't sure if it was one left behind. So I don't know for sure if he is wild caught or loose. I'll probably end up giving him up either way.

And of course 3nodding . I've actually more been looking at Russians.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Keen Incisions
Shanna66

I actually have already been looking to see if I can find a sanctuary near me. I'm not sure where she found him (she refused to take it home and my work area has heavy traffic) and my area isn't really suitable.

The reason I was asking what kind is she mentioned someone near her that moved recently having lots of tortoises in their yard and she wasn't sure if it was one left behind. So I don't know for sure if he is wild caught or loose. I'll probably end up giving him up either way.

And of course 3nodding . I've actually more been looking at Russians.

sadly i dont know a lot about torts and the only species i can identify are ones that live in my area so i cant say if he is native to where you live or not.

if you are having trouble finding a sanctuary try some parks. lots of parks will take in wild animals and help you identify what something is assuming its local

im happy thaty you are trying to do the right thing. cant tell you how many people would come to the shelter i was working at with box turtles they found who threw hissy fits whenever i told them that it wouldnt do well in captivity and to put it back where they found it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff