Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

Boyfriend's friend called him to remove it from his yard and now boyfriend wants to keep it. Apparently his friend's neighbors kill any snake they come across and his friend doesn't want his dogs getting envenomated since they are only contained in an invisible fence. I prefer cb but this guy looks in great condition and is actually pretty calm when hooked unlike the 2 psycho cb eastern diamondbacks he has.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Whoa. That is a big snake! I have to be honest though, my family has been guilty of killing poisonous snakes before (but they had gotten inside the house so it was kind of do or die).

Is your boyfriend a herpetologist or just an enthusiast? Has he decided to keep it for good or are you guys going to let it slither free in the wilderness?

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
MemoriesOfGreen
Whoa. That is a big snake! I have to be honest though, my family has been guilty of killing poisonous snakes before (but they had gotten inside the house so it was kind of do or die).

Is your boyfriend a herpetologist or just an enthusiast? Has he decided to keep it for good or are you guys going to let it slither free in the wilderness?

Just an enthusiast, and he wants to keep it but i suppose if it refuses to eat then it will be released somewhere away from people although sadly there isn't many places left. So much developing going on around here. The snake is actually pretty small, it is only about 3.5-4 ft.

Your family should look up some people who could safely trap and remove snakes, since alot of envenomations occur to people trying to kill the snakes.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
ladycrotalus
MemoriesOfGreen

Just an enthusiast, and he wants to keep it but i suppose if it refuses to eat then it will be released somewhere away from people although sadly there isn't many places left. So much developing going on around here. The snake is actually pretty small, it is only about 3.5-4 ft.

Your family should look up some people who could safely trap and remove snakes, since alot of envenomations occur to people trying to kill the snakes.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your changing environment. That has to be a bit stressful.

As for the trapping and removal, it was kind of a gotta-do-it-now problem and my dad has the attitude of "if it doesn't belong in here, it's getting killed". We have pets in here and some young copperheads must have hatched in the house or something and the pets were the ones pointing them out. I think dad did catch one in a bucket and throw it out in the woods but the one in the basement was facing off with the dog so he pretty much grabbed the nearest weapon and killed it. Usually, copperheads are really shy but I guess the fact that the ones who ended up in the house were just hitting puberty made 'em aggressive. It was pretty sad.

And you're right about finding people to deal with the snakes so no one here gets bitten. While I know copperhead bites rarely kill people, I still don't want my hand or other body part getting maimed by its poison. I, personally, will not deal with a wild snake. I know I'd fudge something up.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
nice looking guy there, looks really healthy too

Devoted Inquisitor

He's handsome.

And this thread made me get bitten by a timber rattlesnake in my dream last night. Thanks so much. ;]

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Oh gosh, what a pretty snake! I hope everything works out alright for him. :'>

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Latrans
He's handsome.

And this thread made me get bitten by a timber rattlesnake in my dream last night. Thanks so much. ;]

When i lived back in NY, my ophidiophobic cousin who lived next door, woke up that night that i got my first boa constrictor kicking his leg and screaming because he had a dream it was wrapped around his leg.

Devoted Inquisitor

ladycrotalus
Latrans
He's handsome.

When i lived back in NY, my ophidiophobic cousin who lived next door, woke up that night that i got my first boa constrictor kicking his leg and screaming because he had a dream it was wrapped around his leg.

Zobby, my boyfriend's dog, often tries to sleep on my feet. Then, I dream that I'm trapped in a crevasse in the ice and kick him until he falls off the bed. I only feel a teeny bit bad.

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
He ate yay xd

One of my black and creme fox mice gonk
I tried a white mouse last week but he just acted freaked out so i removed it and when i put in one of my only dark mice i had he immediately showed interest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff