Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Fatcat

Keyona
Jelly Bean WH0RE
Keyona
Jelly Bean WH0RE
Savage Destiny

That is not an Oregon thing. That's an everywhere thing.

Also, I didn't touch on this the first time, but Chihuahuas can do a LOT more damage than just leaving bruises.

I know that. ._. I'm just saying that Oregon wasn't like that until just recently.

And I also know this. I've had chihuahuas all my life...

I looked at a place in down state michigian... the apartments had BSL restrictions... chihuahuas were on the list of not allowed to have.

Really? That's interesting. I'm surprised that I'm not surprised though.

Yeah, it is just weird reading through the list of dogs not allowed and it goes: Pitbulls, GSD, Rotties, Dobies, Chis...

But they are vicious little bastards when they aren't trained. Catching a family "friends" small dog mix as it was running after the outdoor cat my aunt and uncle had, only way i could was stepping on the leash and the owner was laughing the whole time even after the dog screamed bloody murder on the sudden stop. I felt bad but it was that or getting hit by a semi that flies on our back roads.

I've had two since I was 12 I think and I can totally agree that they can be vicious. Our chihuahua, Tink, is the sweetest as they come and would never hurt anyone or anything, but the other one we did have just bit the living hell out of you. I still have scars from him.

Devoted Inquisitor

I can see banning chihuahuas even if I don't agree with it.

I've literally never met one that I would want to spend any time near.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Keyona
Shanna66
Keyona
Jelly Bean WH0RE
Savage Destiny

That is not an Oregon thing. That's an everywhere thing.

Also, I didn't touch on this the first time, but Chihuahuas can do a LOT more damage than just leaving bruises.

I know that. ._. I'm just saying that Oregon wasn't like that until just recently.

And I also know this. I've had chihuahuas all my life...

I looked at a place in down state michigian... the apartments had BSL restrictions... chihuahuas were on the list of not allowed to have.

lol thats so weird. here every apartment that lets you have pets allows all types of small dogs, while most have bully restrictions and a good number of places have size restrictions

those damn breed restristions though, those things have cost us a lot of adoptions. it always seems to be apartment people who want our "deadly" dogs

yeah all the large protection breeds and bullies were on the list and then the little chihuahua was tacked on at the end. yeah our shelter ends up with a lot of bullies and huskey mixes, very very very few small dogs.

we get so many bullies that some days i forget that we even take in other breeds. we do get small dogs in sometimes, and it always seems to be a large number of the same breed. sometimes we get a crap ton of chis, sometimes beagles, sometimes rat terriers, and right now we have a good number of shih tzus

small dogs tend to get adopted as soon as they hit the floor, sometimes they dont even make it to the cage, people see us carry them out and demand to adopt them right then and there without even visiting with the dog

and then of course i consatnly have people asking when our next shipment of whatever breed will be. i hate that question so much. im really amazed at how few people seem to understand that we are a shelter and we get what we get when we get it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff