Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Medic

Today my mom noticed that the right side of our poodle's face is really swollen. We think that it may have been caused by her ear infection, and might be an abscess. What's the best thing we can do for her right now?

Invisible Citizen

User Image

Set up a vet appointment as soon as you can, if that's been done then just make sure she doesn't hit it or other people don't hit it accidentally.
Maybe make her food softer if she looks like she's having trouble eating, make sure she gets a good amount of rest..

You really should talk to a vet about what to do until she can be taken in though..

Demonic Medic

Prince Charmant
User Image

Set up a vet appointment as soon as you can, if that's been done then just make sure she doesn't hit it or other people don't hit it accidentally.
Maybe make her food softer if she looks like she's having trouble eating, make sure she gets a good amount of rest..

You really should talk to a vet about what to do until she can be taken in though..

How are we supposed to talk to a vet without them charging us for an appointment fee :u At the moment I just wish we knew exactly what the problem was instead of guessing.
Also our other dog seems to have injured her right hind leg and she's been limping since Wednesday evening. I couldn't find any stickers or cuts all on her leg, but her leg past the joint is very limp and we aren't sure what's wrong with her either.

Invisible Citizen

Raftelfan
How are we supposed to talk to a vet without them charging us for an appointment fee :u At the moment I just wish we knew exactly what the problem was instead of guessing.
Also our other dog seems to have injured her right hind leg and she's been limping since Wednesday evening. I couldn't find any stickers or cuts all on her leg, but her leg past the joint is very limp and we aren't sure what's wrong with her either.

Most vets will give information over the phone. c: Just ask 'until I can take my dog in to the vet, what can I do to make her more comfortable?' or something similar.
I'd also for the second dog ask them if there's anything you can do for her leg until you can take her in as well.

Both dogs should go in, the second dogs problems may clear up but the first one definitely needs to go in asap.
I'd recommend taking the second one in if it doesn't get any better within the next 3-5 days. o:

Dapper Ladykiller

Take her to the vet, duh.

Eloquent Gawker

Who cares if your vet charges an exam fee? That's part of going to the vet! No vet will be able to diagnose your dog without seeing her and examining her. Calling them won't cut it.

Your dog clearly needs medical attention. Take her to the vet so she can get taken care of.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff