Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mistress of Rain
therucoon
Mistress of Rain
I wish pet insurance wasn't just for the larger animals. Trying to get any quotes it is all dogs and cats....-_-

I wouldn't mind getting insurance (even a little on a college budget) to use towards my small boyos.... I may of gotten the tumor removed from warrick.... though he may of not made it through... it would of been worth it to at least try.

Hey, sorry, I can't tell from the pics, were your pets rats or hamsters? I have seen some tricky hamsters... razz Thanks!

they are neither. I'm guessing you don't see me around a lot... (though i have been talking about my cat more). They are Gerbils. (hint only drawf hamsters can live peacefully together...and they aren't chubby enough to be hamsters.... and rats have different faces....)

I need to get a good picture of their tails....then people would know... XD

OOOOH! Gerbils. Okay, so I forgot that this species of rodent existed, in my narrow minded little world. I just figured... "Hamster rat"...? Hah hah. I feel stupid. I will change that. Yeah, I can see they are gerbils now. smile

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
therucoon
Mistress of Rain
therucoon
Mistress of Rain
I wish pet insurance wasn't just for the larger animals. Trying to get any quotes it is all dogs and cats....-_-

I wouldn't mind getting insurance (even a little on a college budget) to use towards my small boyos.... I may of gotten the tumor removed from warrick.... though he may of not made it through... it would of been worth it to at least try.

Hey, sorry, I can't tell from the pics, were your pets rats or hamsters? I have seen some tricky hamsters... razz Thanks!

they are neither. I'm guessing you don't see me around a lot... (though i have been talking about my cat more). They are Gerbils. (hint only drawf hamsters can live peacefully together...and they aren't chubby enough to be hamsters.... and rats have different faces....)

I need to get a good picture of their tails....then people would know... XD

OOOOH! Gerbils. Okay, so I forgot that this species of rodent existed, in my narrow minded little world. I just figured... "Hamster rat"...? Hah hah. I feel stupid. I will change that. Yeah, I can see they are gerbils now. smile

XD Okay. no worries it is better than people going. "oh its a mini rat/gaint mouse" or "oh it is a hamster with a tail..." >:O and basicly just going "no, you don't know what your own pet is."
Soarin`
Mayor Gravity
Soarin`
That vet is a terrible person to turn the man away. I don't care if he didn't have the money or not you don't turn away a dying animal. That's selfish and greedy. If I was you I would I caused a riot about the vet turning away the dog to a point the vet took the dog and saw him.
I don't think a riot is the answer.

Yea if you cause a big enough stink people often do things to shut you up.

And nah the vet wouldn't have gone out of business. It wasn't like the dog was getting a checkup. It was dying. Big difference. Plus I can tell you one thing- when that guy gets money he isn't going to THAT vet so in turn he lost business for turning away a dying dog in the first place. Plus I'm sure the people there don't think to highly of him for turning away the man. Tell you one thing I'd never go back to a vet who did that.

Believe me when I say I am not sticking up for the vet, but I have only had a vet work with me once, ever. Maybe things are different in Metro Denver? I've never run into a vet who will do any sort of billing though, unless they KNOW you very well.

This place was awful, though. Their machine was broken, and Illy was almost put down because of it. They tested her blood and it said that she had cancer, leukemia... all sorts of awful things. She was really just in shock from a concussion. They came in and told me that the machine was broken at the last minute and I wanted to scream. I was holding her to my chest crying and saying my goodbyes (It still really hurts that she was so healthy when she died later)...

I'd NEVER go back there, for any reason, in either case. Experience was awful, all around. (It's a place called A.C.C.E.S. or something of the like, if I recall. Denverites may know what I am talking about.

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I'm not from Denver so I don't know how the vets work out there. I'm from NY and trust me if somebody dosen't see a dying dog by god we will revolt. One good thing about NY...none of us know when to shut up :3

I'd report that vet though. Nobody should be able to run sub-par like that. O-o()

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff