Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leon_Wake's Princess

Rare

thank you for the help, Those who ACTUALLY helped. :l

Devoted Inquisitor

She really sounds like she needs to see a vet. :/ Have you tried applying for care credit or asking family for help or anything like that?

Leon_Wake's Princess

Rare

Latrans
She really sounds like she needs to see a vet. :/ Have you tried applying for care credit or asking family for help or anything like that?

Both of our families are deep in debt // dont make nearly enough.
We tried to get some credit, found a reputible vet to take her to, But they require atleast 60-100
the first visit down. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can look at her and
help us. They understand our situation and if I can pay it off weekly, thatd be great. :c

Eloquent Gawker

She needs medical attention. She is suffering and in pain. Not pooping for days could kill her, as well.

If you can't afford to have her treated, you need to take her to a shelter or rescue group that will either treat her or humanely euthanize her. I know that sucks for you, but you have to put your cat FIRST. It is not fair for her to suffer in pain.

Leon_Wake's Princess

Rare

Savage Destiny
She needs medical attention. She is suffering and in pain. Not pooping for days could kill her, as well.

If you can't afford to have her treated, you need to take her to a shelter or rescue group that will either treat her or humanely euthanize her. I know that sucks for you, but you have to put your cat FIRST. It is not fair for her to suffer in pain.

Euthanize isnt even an option.
We have put her first. Always. Our cats come first in every
Single way possible. They eat before we do. They get medical
Help before we do. I'm aware she's in pain and we've already tried humane society and clinics. Most require at least 50 dollars up front or won't even look at her ( humane society.)
I've sent an email to our old vet begging for a payment plan but
We will not give up . its constipation, we have that much we know.

Eloquent Gawker

R00Bunny
Savage Destiny

Help before we do. I'm aware she's in pain and we've already tried humane society and clinics. Most require at least 50 dollars up front or won't even look at her ( humane society.)

If you won't euthanize her and force her to suffer through pain and sickness because you don't want to euthanize her, that is putting YOUR feelings before the pain of the cat you claim to love. That's cruelty.

If you can't treat her, surrender her to a rescue group or euthanize her. It is disgusting to cause an animal to suffer because you consider your feelings more important.

Lupine Hellraiser

Savage Destiny

This. I truly hope you can find a way to afford her care because I hate to see people lose their pets.
But if you can't make it work and she's clearly suffering, refusing to see giving her up to someone who can as an option is selfish. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's the truth. A lot of the vets in my area are understanding and will establish a payment plan, I hope you find a place that will.

Leon_Wake's Princess

Rare

Savage Destiny
R00Bunny
Savage Destiny

If you won't euthanize her and force her to suffer through pain and sickness because you don't want to euthanize her, that is putting YOUR feelings before the pain of the cat you claim to love. That's cruelty.

If you can't treat her, surrender her to a rescue group or euthanize her. It is disgusting to cause an animal to suffer because you consider your feelings more important.

I'm not killing my cat because she cant poop.
That is wrong, its not even fair. Shes able to walk.
She's able to drink and eat fine. she just hurts on her tail
And hasn't pooped. Its unfair to kill her as she's only a baby.
Its unfair to end her life for not pooping and it can be fixed. Christ.

Eloquent Gawker

R00Bunny
Savage Destiny
R00Bunny
Savage Destiny

I'm not killing my cat because she cant poop.
That is wrong, its not even fair. Shes able to walk.
She's able to drink and eat fine. she just hurts on her tail
And hasn't pooped. Its unfair to kill her as she's only a baby.
Its unfair to end her life for not pooping and it can be fixed. Christ.

Oh, so now she's magically fine even though in your first post you said she wasn't eating or drinking and you yourself said she's in pain. You do NOT know she's constipated, because your cat has not seen a vet. You're not a medical professional, you have no idea what is wrong with your cat.

Whatever is wrong with her CAN probably be fixed, but only by a vet, which you cannot afford. So we're right back to your cat suffering because you can't provide care and won't allow her to be put out of pain.

Classy. How the hell are you a forum assistant for the PETS forum if you won't even provide medical care for your animals?

Leon_Wake's Princess

Rare

Keen Incisions
Savage Destiny

This. I truly hope you can find a way to afford her care because I hate to see people lose their pets.
But if you can't make it work and she's clearly suffering, refusing to see giving her up to someone who can as an option is selfish. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's the truth. A lot of the vets in my area are understanding and will establish a payment plan, I hope you find a place that will.

Its not that we CANT afford it, Its right now we don't have the funds to afford a vet visit.
And MAJORITY of vets require a down payment of some sorts.
I find it a bit HARSH and uncaring that putting her out of her 'misery' is an option for constipation.
I worked as a vet assistant for a year and ahalf. I put animals out of misery who truly needed to be.
Including my own old dog.
My cat can still walk, play , eat, drink.
Im only getting worried because she hasnt pooped.
And honestly, it might be anxiety.

Lupine Hellraiser

R00Bunny

I never said putting her down is an option I agree with. That seems a bit rash at this point.
I simply agreed that if nothing works out and it gets worse, giving her up to a rescue that can help isn't the worst option. That's not "uncaring," it's making a sacrifice for her health.

Devoted Inquisitor

Do you have any connections at the vet clinic where you used to work? Can you call for advice? Maybe they can give you some things to try at home even if they can't see her.

I can understand why a vet might not be willing to see an animal without payment. They have bills to pay too.

Leon_Wake's Princess

Rare

Keen Incisions
R00Bunny

I never said putting her down is an option I agree with.
I simply agreed that if nothing works out and it gets worse, giving her up to a rescue that can help isn't the worst option. That's not "uncaring," it's making a sacrifice for her health.

Their main focus was putting my cat down, so of course i'm going to
be a bit bitter, I mean I gave everything to get this cat off the streets.
We truly 'rescued' our cat. As I stated earlier too , Its not like we cant
afford her either. We afford their medication, food and litter easily but its been really
tight since I lost 2 of my three jobs and I just don't want to give her up just yet.
Especially since I got a new job , and its going to be a few weeks before money
comes in again. I'm more than willing to give her to a home that could love her.
But It has to be better than here. Our lifestyle is calm, clean and enough that has kept
her happy for years. Ive kept her up to date with her shots, her check ups and her dentistry, so
the home she goes to needs to be caring and loving.
and with the two people I rehomed kittens to, They both died so my trust is very limited with people.

I think if I worded it correctly, It wouldn't have been an issue.

Hazel was diagnosed online and by a veterinary friend to be constipated.
But it has caused her such distress in her back legs. It still hasn't hindered her though.
She does cry when picked up , moved or pet weird. Shes not drinking as much as before and she's a bit distressed when it comes to my other cat comign towards her.
We're aware she needs to go to a vet, but I need to know what to do.
We live in Georgia, and its very limited where I live.
The humane society REFUSED to see her.
The clinic and emergency vet near me want 200 dollars.
and the vet we go to wont do payment plans, even though we have federal aid for her.
What should we do.
How would you normally help a constipated cat with anxiety problems

Leon_Wake's Princess

Rare

Latrans
Do you have any connections at the vet clinic where you used to work? Can you call for advice? Maybe they can give you some things to try at home even if they can't see her.

I can understand why a vet might not be willing to see an animal without payment. They have bills to pay too.

Im aware, hence why I hold no hatred to them.
I don't sadly because it shut down a couple years ago and the woman I worked for
got in alot of trouble with the law after her life came crashing down. I asked a few vet friends
and one actually helped me diagnose her, but they even said to take her to the vet immidently.
We want to and we're willing to. ITs just hard finding someplace that will look at her and do payment plans.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff