Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Bunny

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
In July my friends and I are taking a roadtrip from Las Vegas (where we are now) to Chicago, IL. I'm also moving out at this time too, since I can get there for free. The roadtrip might last for a week because we'll be making some stops along the way.

However, I wasn't aware that I'd be moving out so soon. I originally planned on moving out in October or December, so I recently adopted a cat because I've wanted one for over a year now.

His name is Finn and I love him to death. He's actually sleeping next to me right now, and the thought of giving him up is unbearable. I've had to give up my previous kitten about two years ago, so I really don't want to go through this again. I'm determined to take Finn with me.

I've been reading some of the pet policies for certain airlines, and they say they won't allow pets without me flying with them.

So I was wondering if there are any services that can ship Finn over to my new place in Chicago? I'm really desperate and I honestly can't even think about giving him away.

I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum to be posting this. Thank you so much for reading.
Wait I'm confused, why can't you bring the cat in the car? How long is the road trip?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Henrika
Wait I'm confused, why can't you bring the cat in the car? How long is the road trip?

The road trip is for a week.

But anyway, I agree- just take the cat in the car. Get a nice crate, a litterbox that can fit inside of it, food and water, and you're good to go. Before you go on your trip, I'd make sure to acclimatize him to being in the crate for extended periods of time and being in a car so it'll be easier for him to adjust.

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
I would just suck it up and bring the cat in the car. Find pet friendly hotels if that is how you guys are crashing at night or find camp grounds. a Medium size crate does is fine for car trips. Takes up one seat.

Can fit a kitten size litter box, and can buy bowls that attach to the crate. I would also get the kitty use to a harness. I take my cat on 12 hour car rides at least once or twice a year with being in college and she gets put in her crate with her harness and leash on. if i'm not driving I sit with her and let her come into my lap. She is on a leash jsut to be on the safe side, when we stop and the doors get opened she cat bolt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff