Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Alright, so I've been camping a little over a week. The original plan was to head back Thursday, but due to weather and such it's looking like I won't be going back till this afternoon or maybe tomorrow if the roads aren't clear enough. I have Payton with me [thank goodness] but I didn't bring anyone else. Left the rodents all plenty of extra food, and the neighbor was going to give them fresh water, feed the fish, and care for the bird. Pretty darned awesome, especially as she insists on doing it for free [still planning to give her a little money, but still!] Problem is the phone number I have for her isn't working. I have even tried getting her to respond on facebook, nothing. I wouldn't be SO worried about an extra couple days, except the suddenness of this snow storm means I didn't have my heat on. The rodents will be fine, and honestly, if the fish die they die [I know, cruel thought, but there it is]. I'm mostly worried about Little Dragon! Texted a friend this morning to hopefully go by and talk to the neighbor [why didn't I think to do that sooner?!] but honestly, I'm completely stressed, even though the neighbor knew there was a very good chance I wouldn't be back till Sunday.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

aw, I'm sorry. hopefully your friend will get a hold of your neighbor.
:[ let us know

Eloquent Gawker

Oooh hopefully everyone will be okay!

If your friend is talking to the neighbor, I'm sure she'll turn the heat on for you. smile

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
I will.. Doubting I'll ever use this neighbor to watch pets again simply because I can not contact her, but we'll see...

The worst part is that I'm trying to remember whether or not I had all my windows closed! It was so nice when I left...

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Heat was not on in my apartment, but now that the heater is on and the space heater is as well it's warming up quickly and Little Dragon has given me some kisses! He was asleep up on his shelf we got on the vet's suggestion for his feet when I first came in though, so I thought the worst when I didn't hear him and couldn't see him right away!

I'll check on the rodents after my nap, but seeing as I'm seeing big nests in both tanks I figured they'll come out to check on the new food I gave them all after it warms up a bit. That and I didn't smell anything beyond the fact that the hamster's tank needs cleaned, so pretty sure they're doing okay. With Felix the mouse having nailed me when I was giving him water right before leaving I might not feel too bad if he doesn't come out, but it certainly looks like he's torn up the new egg cartons pretty darn well, so he's probably fine...

Also, one never realizes how much things like a shower, electricity, heat, and most importantly, a SHOWER can be missed till they go camping for a while... Turns out I am not the type who really enjoys roughing it all that much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff