Welcome to Gaia! ::

Latrans

....Okay really? What are we? Five? Seriously? -____-
I'm sorry but everyone is entitled to an opinion; an opinion can not be wrong.

I wasn't making up incorrect definitions to works.
I stated it is my opinion that killing any creature to me is murder.
That isn't wrong; it is an opinion.
By law; murder is only to humans.
By my opinion; it is all creatures.

Devoted Inquisitor

Kanto_Mint
Latrans
It's not humane to throw bunches of frightened animals in together and then kill them slowly. It's just not.

I couldn't agree more.

That's great! :] I'm so glad.

Quote:
Killing is killing; doesn't matter who to.
"I killed an animal; it isn't murder."

Killing an animal isn't murder. That's not what murder means. :[

Quote:
But yet if someone is trying to kill me; a fellow human being and I accidentally kill them in self defense; they hit their head and die or what have you...I commited man slaughter!?

Generally, no that's not how the law works. You're allowed to use lethal force in the US to protect yourself from someone trying to kill you.

Quote:
The animals know fear and pain; I took in my kitten because my friend told me the owners admitted they would kill him. Just because they didn't want him. They didn't even know he was a he. They guy bought the kitten for his girlfriend; not knowing she was pregnant. When they found out she was; they didn't need the kitten. And told people they'd kill it domesticly. A friend of my friend took it from them saying he would not let them harm the kitten and gave it to my friend "J" who gave it to us; we took it in to save it and because we do love cats.

Some people kill because they have to; like farmers, my grand-father has had to do it and he hates it so much but it has been his life. But this box thing gives abusive owners the perfect chance to kill animals whenever they don't want them. "I bought you last week...nah don't want you." Like they're a toy and they're not. They breath and live like us.

That's a very sad story. :[

What box thing are you referring to?

Devoted Inquisitor

Kanto_Mint
Latrans

....Okay really? What are we? Five? Seriously? -____-
I'm sorry but everyone is entitled to an opinion; an opinion can not be wrong.

I wasn't making up incorrect definitions to works.
I stated it is my opinion that killing any creature to me is murder.
That isn't wrong; it is an opinion.
By law; murder is only to humans.
By my opinion; it is all creatures.

Your opinion can absolutely be wrong. You said it is your opinion that murder means something other than what it does. It's impossible to have meaningful dialogue if everyone gets to redefine words to mean what ever they want.

I'm not sure in what way that's not making up an incorrect definition?
Latrans

=] I can't imagine putting a bunch of animals together to kill as humane. They're terrified and damn...I would be too. :/

Killing = muder in my opinion. An opinion can not be wrong.
No that is in the US. You assume I am from the US. I am not.
I am from the UK; and you can not use lethal force to protect yourself.

:[ Agreed; it upsets me so much.

Also sorry for being a bit annoyed in my response; I hate when people say "No your opinion is wrong." sweatdrop

The gas box sorry I forgot the name.

Edit: No an opinion can not be wrong. Opinion is opinion. You can have an opinion that disagrees with the law. Lots of people have.
hello4yellow

My fiance and I both signed it. : ] And one of my friends signed it also.~
I'll ask around ! ^u^ Brave of you doing this. <3

Greedy Receiver

I wouldn’t consider throwing a bunch of frightened animals into a gas chamber at once humane or even ethical, but in the same breath I can consider the cost effectiveness and the speediness of the process. It costs a lot less to gas a whole group of animals together than it would to gas each one individually and it is significantly less costly than to administer the lethal injection to each animal individually. Many shelters just do not have the space or the funding to accommodate all of those animals, from the youngest newborn litters to the elderly or even to the special needs, so in order to make room for new animals they need to clear out the ones not being adopted.

It’s not a matter of the employees wanting to kill animals or not caring enough about their animals; it’s just not within their power to do much of anything about it. You need to consider the whole picture when you come across videos and information like this. There are hundreds of thousands of strays possibly right here in the United States alone. I could be stressing that a bit, but my point still remains and I will continue my example. With the amount of animals coming into shelters from negligent breeding, feral strays, lost pets, abandoned pets, pets left without an owner due to death of the family/allergies within the family/et cetera, and various other ways each and every day how do you expect the facility to keep up with the influx when they only have a designated amount of room and funding available to house, feed, clean, provide medical care, vaccinations, altering, and so on?

No-kill shelters can be hard to come by and they are hard to keep around because it takes cooperation from other no-kill shelters and adoption-availability establishments (like Chuck & Don’s, Petco, and Petsmart) to shift their animals around from place to place and then there’s the donations from the community to help fund their causes, provide such care, and so on. If there’s no cooperation, no donation, no time given, and too much negligence then you will find that facilities need to do what they can to ensure the healthier or fresher faces have a fighting chance when the ones that went over the allotted timeline, or the sickly, elderly, and special needs, have to be cleared out to make such room.

How about instead of blaming the shelters and trying to outlaw their last practice of defense to keep their shelters open and available for the animals we go ahead and try to educate owners about the negligence of allowing their animals to roam unsupervised, the importance of spaying and neutering your animals, and considering the responsibilities of actually owning an animal. Unfortunate circumstances happen in any situation, so if an animal needs to be rehomed because of a death then obviously blame cannot befall the owner, but dropping off your animal at the shelter because “it peed on the carpet and I just don’t want to deal with it anymore” is a half-assed excuse from an owner that didn’t want to put forth the effort to learn. But if we can educate owners the importance of animal care, catching ferals/strays and bringing them in to be altered, altering your own animal if it is not necessary for them to remain intact (shows, work, breeding, et cetera), leaving the breeding to professionals, and bringing awareness about donating to your local shelter to keep them running, well-funded, and clean then there would be no need for gas chambers to clear out groups at a time.

Greedy Receiver

Kanto_Mint
hello4yellow

My fiance and I both signed it. : ] And one of my friends signed it also.~
I'll ask around ! ^u^ Brave of you doing this. <3

If I were you, I'd have you and your fiance read my latest post. If this is truly how you feel, then how do you plan to take in all those extra animals when the shelters run out of funding?

Eloquent Gawker

Kanto_Mint
Killing = muder in my opinion. An opinion can not be wrong.
No that is in the US. You assume I am from the US. I am not.
I am from the UK; and you can not use lethal force to protect yourself.

Just because you live outside the US doesn't mean you can redefine words in the English language to suit your needs.
Kanto_Mint

Edit: No an opinion can not be wrong. Opinion is opinion.
So by that theory then the shelters that use mass gas chambers must be right because it is their opinion it is humane and since opinions can't be wrong they must be right.
Eisefin

I believe the UK has a law of how many animals a person can own legally anyway.
So even if I could afford a 100 animals in my home; the law would stop me.

I never said I was a saint; I never said I could "save them all."
I'm not a God; I'm also not a super rich foot ball player or singer for example.
If I could; yes I would.

My fiance and I; and our two friends worked very hard to save this kitten.
Its owners were going to kill it for no good reason.
The man bought it for his girlfriend; once they found out she was pregnant they were going to kill a healthy young kitten due to it not being "useful" anymore. To me that is sick. Our friends friend took it from them saying they wouldn't allow it to be killed. My fiance and I; plus two friends banded together. We couldn't afford the kitten until Thursday; so our friends gave us some cans of food, a bed for it, a toy ot two, a litter tray e.t.c. Because we cared. And if more people cared; these abusive owners would go away. I think the laws should be tighter of who owns pets. :/

And if this petition can help them; I'm all for it. A lot of people have signed; so obviously it is a fair amount of people against it. But I wont be made to feel guilty for being passionate about animals; especially after what could of happened to my beautiful kitten.

I'm not saying I'm "right" I'm just following my heart.
Savage Destiny

Lots of people have opinions that are against certain laws.

In my opinion when you kill a living creature in my eyes it is murder.
I never said it was fact. I never said killing = murder was a definition.
I said in my opinion.

Geez no ones allowed an opinion anymore I see. > . >
Yet if you have an opinion that disagrees with a law it is fine and dandy I am sure.
Krissim Klaw

Actually no. Everyone has a right to an opinion. An opinion can not be wrong or right. But you don't have to agree with their opinion. This is how my grand-mother raised me. I respect everyone's opinion, in return I have my own. But it seems not many respect other opinions these days.

Point is: There is no right or wrong.
An opinion can not be right or wrong; factually.
It can only be right or wrong in the eyes of the person.

Example:
Having sex age 16 = Wrong to some people. That isn't fact. But they have the right to that opinion. Age 16 sex is legal in UK; but many people disagree with that and have their own opinion.

Having sex age 16 = Perfectly fine. That isn't fact minus in the eyes of UK laws. But that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

Greedy Receiver

Kanto_Mint
And if this petition can help them; I'm all for it.

By signing this petition, you are doing the complete opposite. By signing this petition, you are sentencing these shelters to have to close their doors prematurely because they no longer have the necessary accommodations for their animals, the funding to care for said animals, and so on. If you had read a thing of what I said, you will have noticed that they need to gas large groups of animals at a time to make room for the hundreds of other animals coming in every single day.

What do you propose they do otherwise? What miracle cure do you propose they do right this very second? What do you propose they do to keep their doors open and to continue accommodating these animals in the meantime?

Education takes time. Education takes way too much time. So what can we do in the meantime, hm?

And in America we have the same law. You can only own so many animals per household, yada yada, but that obviously doesn’t stop people. Houses are spotted every day and raided to find hundreds of animals from hoarding, negligent backyard breeding, animal fighting, et cetera. Every. Single. Day. Thousands of them. And thousands more need to be put down from sickness, aggressiveness, no room in shelters, no room in foster care, and so on.

By signing this petition, if it’s even to be taken seriously, you are singlehandedly killing hundreds of thousands yourself. By being ignorant to the facts and uneducated about the numbers, you are killing these animals.
Kanto_Mint

Point is: There is no right or wrong.
An opinion can not be right or wrong; factually.
It can only be right or wrong in the eyes of the person.
It is my opinion if I throw my dog off the roof he will fly. By your theory I must be right since opinions can not be factually wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff