Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I'm on Vancouver Island, at a friends. WELL. Her aunt (whom she lives with) and herself are at work, leaving me home alone.
Alas, I have used her gorgeous camera to capture photos of her aunts cats.

This is Kynx, named for her, short, kinked tail. (That you may be able to notice in the photos)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Snoop, whom is a pretty kitty.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

And Ajax, whom ran away from me after this photo, literally, and hid in a bush outside.

Which is such a shame, he really does have a handsome face. I may pester him to try and get a better photo.
Edit: Then I shall add photos once Snoop is back, inside or out from hiding I got Snoop Photos!.

Do you have a kitty named for a quirk it has? Like Kynx for her tail?
Let's see!
Beautiful pictures. The cats look like they could all do with a diet though.

Not proper names, but Bella's my Bat Eared Boogey Monster because when she was around the six-month mark her ears were disproportionately large compared to the rest of her, and she's a monster especially at night. (dog)
Zoe's my Bear because she makes moany-groany-bear sounds sometimes. (dog)
Saphi's just a hell-cat (her name could be short for sapphire, the colour of her eyes when bright light is shining on them, though -it's not technically but it's one of the alternatives I give people- ). (cat)

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Those photos are stunning!

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Nyx is a night cat, and her name is the name of the Greek Goddess of Night, so I guess that's quirky...though when I named her, I didn't know she'd be a nocturnal nightmare (cats are supposed to be crepuscular, dammit! I hope this is a kitten thing and she'll get a normal cat schedule by age two). I just thought, "Hey, black cat, looks like night time, goddess of night, it works." So I kinda wonder if I jinxed it or something. xd Back when she was alive, I had a dog named Lady who liked to lay down and cross both her front and back legs at the wrist/ankle, and look like a prim and proper miss. Again, didn't name her Lady for her tendency of being a priss sometimes, I honestly just liked the name and she looked like a 'Lady', but weirdly, she ended up having a quirk that worked with her name. Now Button, my other dog (also now deceased), she was named that because she was 'cute as a button!'...then we started calling her "Beetle butt biting Button beagle" because she liked to try to eat wood beetles (and they'd clamp their incisors onto her lip on the way 'down' and tuck up under her lip and she'd run around yipping like a moron until we removed the beetle. She kept doing it, and it happened almost every time. She just did not learn) butt first and she was some kind of beagle...hound...mix...THING. That dog had the cutest damn face and head but the rest of her was a mess. Goofiest damn mutt, but such a sweetheart. Ithil, my other black cat (she's alive and is the older of my two current cats), was so named for the little splash of white on her chest, cuz it reminded me of the moon in the night sky and I was on a LOTR kick at the time (Ithil means moon in Sindarin).
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Beautiful pictures. The cats look like they could all do with a diet though.

Not proper names, but Bella's my Bat Eared Boogey Monster because when she was around the six-month mark her ears were disproportionately large compared to the rest of her, and she's a monster especially at night. (dog)
Zoe's my Bear because she makes moany-groany-bear sounds sometimes. (dog)
Saphi's just a hell-cat (her name could be short for sapphire, the colour of her eyes when bright light is shining on them, though -it's not technically but it's one of the alternatives I give people- ). (cat)

I agree with the diet lol

Zoe's sounds cute, I can imagine it easily.
Shanna66
Those photos are stunning!

Thank you emotion_c8
xXFurygeistXx

Such interesting names! Nyx is a pretty name. I like Ithil, it's unique.
Mr Endy

I laugh pretty much every single time. She's been part of the family for a bit over four years. Mind you it also makes me laugh when she burps (which also leads to her being called a Piggy-Wiggy (or just pig))
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Mr Endy

I laugh pretty much every single time. She's been part of the family for a bit over four years. Mind you it also makes me laugh when she burps (which also leads to her being called a Piggy-Wiggy (or just pig))

Aweh!
I would laugh too, probably.

My friend's dog burps, he always looks embarrassed.

Invisible Fatcat

15,575 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yam Yam was named after this noise he would make when he'd eat as a kitten o3o

Also do you know what kind of camera that was?

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Wonderful pictures! You really captured their personalities.
I love love love Knyx's third picture.

I don't have any kitties but maybe one day a black cat will come into my life.

Dedicated Wolf

10,550 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Midnight (Dog) Because he is pure black, like it is at around Midnight with no street lights.
Moonlight (Dog) Because he is pure black minus a small patch of white on his hind right paw witch reminded me of the moon's light you see.
SmokeScreen (cat) Because he's a gray and white tex cat, where the gray fur looks like smoke fell on him, only his stomach area, and paws are white.
PrimRose (Cat) She was always prim and dainty, so far she still is, I named her off personality more than looks.
Then we had Shadow (Diseased, Dog) who was pure black like a shadow.

I also really like the pictures you got!
Ninja kyuubi13
Yam Yam was named after this noise he would make when he'd eat as a kitten o3o

Also do you know what kind of camera that was?

It's a Canon Rebel T5i
Flutter Fox
Wonderful pictures! You really captured their personalities.
I love love love Knyx's third picture.

I don't have any kitties but maybe one day a black cat will come into my life.

I adore that photo 3nodding

Why a black cat?
Aklina
Midnight (Dog) Because he is pure black, like it is at around Midnight with no street lights.
Moonlight (Dog) Because he is pure black minus a small patch of white on his hind right paw witch reminded me of the moon's light you see.
SmokeScreen (cat) Because he's a gray and white tex cat, where the gray fur looks like smoke fell on him, only his stomach area, and paws are white.
PrimRose (Cat) She was always prim and dainty, so far she still is, I named her off personality more than looks.
Then we had Shadow (Diseased, Dog) who was pure black like a shadow.

I also really like the pictures you got!

Thank you.

I can only imagine what SmokeScreen looks like, do you have any photos
of him?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out