Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, I'll admit. I have a teeny tiny announcement I should probably make.

What has four paws, two ears, and a nub?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This adorable cutie, that's who!

A friend of mine who owns his full sister knows I've been looking for someone that I could connect with as a breeder, that also had a litter or was making plans for a litter. I have been tentatively on a waitlist with one breeder whom I have not connected so much with, who was not sure that she would have what I was looking for in a dog and had forwarded me a few others to look at while I waited, so I don't feel too terrible withdrawing myself politely from her list.

So, knowing all this, she told me a secret. She told me little black collar was still available. She told me this right before I was set to move, and I declined looking further at the time because- as said- who moves with puppies??? Yeah, well. Life intervened, and I have since landed in a better, higher-paying job, a better housing situation, and a position where a puppy is much more doable. And then she had to go and remind me that black collar was still waiting. rofl

One email to Traci at Rebholzer and it was done. She told me as soon as she read my email and spoke to me, she knew I was it for him. Talking to her, I found the connection that I'd been looking for... and I heard him yelling at her over the phone smile His name is Rebholzer Chasing the Moon Light, "Creed", and I go to pick him up in late/mid July.

I don't think I've ever felt this happy to hear "welcome to the family".

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Congratulations! He's a pretty cute little bugger.

Celestial Dog

OH NO HE'S SO CUTE congrats!
Post a billion pictures. Right this second.

Sire and Dam pictures?!
Okay okayokay NOT LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW CARDINAL GOSH

Dam: UDC Ch. Rebholzer Iron Butterfly BH ATT SJ-N CA VCX "Doozie"

Sire: UDC Ch. Navistar's Cruise Control IPO2 ZTPv1A NA NAJ NF WAC BFL-1 "Cruiser"

Funny enough, Doozie really looks like her mother and Cruiser really looks like his father. It will be interesting to see how these puppies balance out the traits of both sides.

I HAVE PICTURES but they're not mine and I want to make sure I'm okay to post them before I start throwing Traci's pictures everywhere at everyone.

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
JaziSnake

Is this your first dobie? ;o
VonVix

He is my second- my first I unfortunately lost February 2013.

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
JaziSnake
VonVix

He is my second- my first I unfortunately lost February 2013.

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss. ;( Your new baby is a beauty!

I asked because I have a question, have you ever found your previous dobie to become "fixated" on a particular dog/person/thing? It's just there's two dobies where I work (not related, one's a huge chocolate doberman male and the other is a smaller black and tan male) and they both become fixated on one particular dog for the whole day (often 10+ hours or so), often they follow a particular dog everywhere and try to either initiate play or just stand in front of the dog, barking at it and getting in its way, it's very difficult to deal with. So I wondered from your experience is it a doberman trait to become preoccupied with one particular thing like that?

Devoted Inquisitor

Congratulations! He's a cutie!
VonVix

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss. ;( Your new baby is a beauty!

I asked because I have a question, have you ever found your previous dobie to become "fixated" on a particular dog/person/thing? It's just there's two dobies where I work (not related, one's a huge chocolate doberman male and the other is a smaller black and tan male) and they both become fixated on one particular dog for the whole day (often 10+ hours or so), often they follow a particular dog everywhere and try to either initiate play or just stand in front of the dog, barking at it and getting in its way, it's very difficult to deal with. So I wondered from your experience is it a doberman trait to become preoccupied with one particular thing like that?

Thank you <3

It would really depend on the situation... there are many things that could make any dog behave like that, and there are also many things that could make a doberman specifically behave like that. Many doberman are same sex aggressive, especially males, so if that dog was a male they could have been trying to start a fight. Or, because many doberman are loud obnoxious rough players, they could have been just being... loud obnoxious rough players. I'd have to see the situation. It's probably not a behavior I would allow to continue, as no matter what the intention is, eventually they are going to be pushy like that with the wrong dog and you will have a dog fight on your hands.

Doberman do have a rather high tendency to fixate on something they want thanks to their terrier heritage, as well, but again... I'd have to actually see it, and I'd put a stop to it anyway.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
PUPPY! gonk heart He's so so so cute. And his dam's picture with the ball in her mouth, lol.
Oh my gosh that face! THOSE EARS! I can't stand the cuteness! gonk

Too cute. You have to post a bazillion pictures when you get him! heart
Yes... I am sort of dreading posting, but Traci doesn't think he'll need to be posted too much longer than just through teething. And that should hopefully mean only a month or so of me doing it. His ears are already standing and are a nice medium which I think he will grow into well. I've never liked the super long show crop, to be honest.
Noooooooooo his ear fell I jinxed it. Nah, he just went SWIMMING first at a dock diving event and then in a REAL POOL HOW COOL IS THAT. So his ears had to be left down for a bit, since the posts can't get wet.

Two weeks from tomorrow, little man. I'm so impatient...

CarapaxtotheMax's Partner

Dapper Sex Symbol

He is waaaaay too cute. I'm so happy for you! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out