Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Okay so friday to tuseday my boyfriend and I were out of town... and for the first time ZERO animals came with us. Ika surprisingly had a blast with our friend Casey that was hanging out with her daily (only needed to come over twice a day but she would come over and just chill on the bed with her and play with her. yay!) though i changed the litter box before we left Casey asked if she wanted her to clean it or change it cause our room REEKED.... now this is odd... we said no, and coming home it was fine... but more on that later.

Bad/good news: This meant we left Daisy, Oreo, and Puff home, and we have agreed that the trio wont work... Puff and Oreo just don't mess, and so I have thoughts on building two indoor hutches for them to left them live. Not a big deal for us. but we got home on Tuseday night around 7 or 8 at night... frist thing other than ika to greet us? 3 rabbits in one side of the divider.... Oreo and Daisy in their litter box, Puff in the bottom tray of a cage we had in there...

Puff has 0 injuries... hair is everywhere... and the litter box has blood splatered every where on it. We put puff back on his side, put the top of a cage on his pan, and put a board over his half so he can't jump over. Pick up Oreo since those two are the ones with a beef.... he has three bites on his body, and a couple bites to one ear.... luckily puff missed the vein. I cleaned Oreo up and gave him extra treats, and then checked over daisy who had gotten on bite out of everything. cleaned her up too. Now the body bites just might be degloving of little patches of fur, or nips at the top of the skin but yeah... we got super lucky, we do not know how long they were together but everything was dry. Part of me wants to rehome Puff seeing the damage to Oreo, but, I can't he was being a rabbit, and it is our fault that they divide between them wasn't more stable... he is still his loveable self he just needs his own space. hemay be moving up stairs soon.

Bad news: So I figured out why our room reeked... Ika had recently took a s**t... the day we left we switched Ika over to Orijen, what ever their chicken one is....little tough love she eats it...before this she was on wilderness that had slightly smelly poo, and the new grain free innova that i tried cause i was short on cash.... but OMG her poos haven't smelt this bad since Friskies and the original Innova... so I think it is safe to say POULTRY is out for kibble flavors... but i have almost a full back of Orijen and don't have my recipe so i think i'm stuck tossing out a 23 dollar bag of food... or putting up with shits from hell for a month and a half....

Good news! : we came back with 3 rats (instead of two), and my friend decided to take all three so not to split them up. he was glad to get them, and is going to be naming them after FF 10 boys. And this has led me to be getting rats this winter.

SO: suggestions on food to try ika on? She likes venison, not huge on any polutry (unless it is wilderness) or duck, not a huge fan of kibble fish.... and my local store doesn't have red meats for Orijen in stock for cats...she kind of likes FROMM from the smaple i got but i think those have chicken in them too....
I'm sorry to hear about Oreo. I hope he is okay and everyone heals up well.

Would your pet store take back the food, even without a receipts? I know my store will do that for me if I accidentally loose mine. But I guess it depends on the relationship you have with the people that work there. As well, would your pet store be willing to order a bag of the red meat version of Orijen for you? I know I place my order at the pet store I get my dog's food from every month to month and a half so that I know when I need to buy it, it's there.

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
SHD

Would your pet store take back the food, even without a receipts? I know my store will do that for me if I accidentally loose mine. But I guess it depends on the relationship you have with the people that work there. As well, would your pet store be willing to order a bag of the red meat version of Orijen for you? I know I place my order at the pet store I get my dog's food from every month to month and a half so that I know when I need to buy it, it's there.

thanks, so far everyone is doing good, though he is more skittish than normal.

i can see, they are the only ones that sell it in the area (and actually the only store right now in Michigan that can sell it). and I know they will order food they have done it before, i'm just un easy if she will eat it or not, right now she wasn't a big fan of orijen to begin with.
Keyona
SHD

thanks, so far everyone is doing good, though he is more skittish than normal.

i can see, they are the only ones that sell it in the area (and actually the only store right now in Michigan that can sell it). and I know they will order food they have done it before, i'm just un easy if she will eat it or not, right now she wasn't a big fan of orijen to begin with.

Have you tried Acana with her?

My aunt and uncle just switched over their two cats to Acana Grasslands Cat forumla and they are doing much better on it. No more smelly poops, and crazy shedding.

They have the Grasslands formula with lamb, duck, whole eggs and fish.

Acana Grasslands

Or, what about Nature's Variety: Instinct grain-free? They have a duck and turkey formula and a rabbit formula, both in limited ingredient varieties.

Nature's Variety Instinct
Did you switch her over suddenly or over time? Also, try cutting the Orijen half/half with something else she's used to to settle her stomach. I don't remember what you fed before, but often switching to a high protein/fat/low carb diet can cause cats/ferrets to 'detox' which can be kinda icky but gets SO much better afterwards.

Before Orijen's recipe change, (When it was 70/30 instead of 80/20 whole prey) it used to make Rolo's poops a little wonky so I fed it half/half with NOW! or GO! depending on the flavour, and it was fine.

I haven't had any issues with it since they increased the meat/lowered the carbs though.

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
it was a bit sudden will split it with some of the innova that i have still.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff