Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

My cat, Hobbes is too busy thinking he is a dog to try and bother with shoulder stuff

but he does come when called and sits on command emotion_kirakira

Aged Girl

When at home, my kitty likes to pretend she's a parrot and ride on my shoulder.
In cars, she's terrified.

Devoted Heckler

Darcy does this all the time - even when I'm on the toilet!

If I wear a hooded top then she'll try to snuggle in that and strangle me as her weight pulls the zip around my neck. I would encourage her to do it while I'm driving, it doesn't seem safe and she's happier in her carrier.

Sparkly Hunter

Nope. Though now that I watched that bicycle-video... I wish I had raised my cat to do that with me. ;___; But she's hated sledging and cars and boats so much it never even occurred to me to try a bicycle...

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
My new kitten, Nyx, likes to get up on shoulders and be carted around that way. No teaching required. XD I'm gonna see if I can train her to a harness and leash so she can go out for walks. That would be the extent of traveling with the cats that I'd do. While Nyx doesn't mind the car, Ithil freaks out and sheds hair at the car in an attempt to drown it in fur. sweatdrop I don't like stressing her out, so I try to avoid taking her places unless absolutely necessary.

Familiar Explorer

3,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
If they are scared of the outdoors they have been sensory deprived and the world is new to them. You can acclimate a cat to a new environment if its young enough. Or you can find more pleasant locations to take your cat. I would take my cat to a public park in my city and let it hide in the flower beds and chase mice and stalk birds. She got acclimated to the city quickly and we would bike though the thick of it without a problem after a couple weeks of exposure and understanding.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Ithil is convinced the car is a big metal beast that likes to eat cats and regurgitate them at the vet after a weird moving experience, so she tends to be under the seat on car rides. Never had a cat that was particularly fond of being in the car, let alone high up on my shoulder where they could see everything (I think it was sensory overload for them).
I take my cat Twiggy places, or I used to and will again when the whether gets warmer.

We had 0degree weather the other day and I needed cat food so I packed her up in the stroller. (I use the stroller to carry the food home... not carrying a 15lb bag for blocks.)

When I first got her it was summer, and I didn't wanna leave her at home to get attacked by my other two cats (they really disliked her at first when she was new) so I'd take her everywhere with me when I went out. Shopping with the stroller is nice too, because I can just load it up and don't have to carry anything... unintended side effect smile

The Peten's Fangirl

Pirate

36,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
My cat is too scared to leave the house gonk I would love it if he would travel with me heart

Alex Clyde's Wife

Angelic Phantom

9,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Married 100
Once when my Timmy was a kitten when he had a vet appointment he slept on my shoulders in the car 3nodding
When my mother was young and she was moving in with my dad, she brought her black Siamese cat Nazerith with her. He rode on her shoulder in the car all the trips they took back and forth from both their parent's places to their new place.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
we have been training our kitten, gale, to be a shoulder cat. she loves car rides and does really well. she isnt used to being in a carrier at all now lol. she loves riding on our shoulders when we take her out in public. im determined to have at least one cat that isnt fearful of strangers

Beloved Hunter

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image
No, I don't travel with my cat because she really dislikes car rides sad

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
My dad had a cat that would ride on his shoulder in the car. She was such an interesting cat. RIP Rooney. ):

Familiar Explorer

3,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alley Cats

http://www.wayofcats.com/blog/the-shoulder-cat/2930

Anyone else travel with their cat or kitten?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff