Welcome to Gaia! ::

Update!

User Image and User Image
Were adopted~!
Pumbaa is on a home trail so cross your fingers!

Shaggette and Rune are off stray hold and available for adoption, though we haven't gotten pictures yet. George is going up for adoption to a farm home.

We had three strays, all of which were reclaimed quickly smile
Harriet; Chinese Crested
Snowball; American Eskimo
Gracie; Border Collie Mix

We also got in a Yorkshire Terrier. Owner Surrender
Yogie; Yorkshire Terrier

Poseidon; Shepherd Mix Puppy
Broke with Parvo and was euthanized... Guess that answers the question of why someone would dump a cute 12 week old Shepherd pup in one of our front pins sad
Update!

Shagette; Yorkshire Terrier / Chihuahua Puppy and User Image and User Image
Were adopted!!

Got pictures of the newly adoptable animals smile George is up for special adoption to a farm home as he sprays, so his adoption fee is only $25.00. I really wish I could see Rune when he isn't shaved, it's still so weird that he came in shaved and was never reclaimed. We're putting his picture in the paper this week in hopes that someone who maybe doesn't use the internet might see him and recognize him.
User ImageUser Image User Image
Update!

It's been stray central here, but lots of reclaims too!
Derby [Male Chihuahua / Miniature Pinscher Mix]
Jack [Male Labrador Retriever Mix]
Mona [Female Coonhound Mix]
Ruger [Male Coonhound Mix]

And one who just came in yesterday.
Elsie; Bloodhound Mix

Also got in three new stray kitties, momma and 2 kittens.
Maxine; Tabby + White DSH
Missy; Tabby + White DSH
Mazy; Tabby + White DSH

2 of the kittens from the litter of 6 had dropped weight dramatically. Unfortunately Boo did not make it sad Yeti seems better of but is still on the thin side, we've separated him from all the other kittens and he gets a little extra food with some wet food, so hoping he will pull through.

Roz is adoption pending! So that's great news, I think this would be the first time in a long time that we would have adopted a mother cat out before her kittens, of course her kittens not being available yet might have something to do with it.

Feline Bookworm

This is lovely. <3
I'm so sorry to hear one of the kittens died. I think it's lovely that you take pictures of all
of the animals that you come across at the shelter. It really makes it feel as though each
one is very special. I've been thinking of volunteering at my nearest animal shelter soon, but
trying to figure out how I'll get around wanting to bring them all home with me. emotion_facepalm
Update!

User Image
Was adopted
-ish, he's gone home to live on our farm, because the shelter is so packed it's coming to decisions and he was an already neutered male cat who just couldn't be an indoor cat. He loves people but doesn't care for other cats, with the room to roam on a farm he does great smile

We got in 4 new dogs, strays all but the last who's a transfer.
Rex Border Collie Mix Puppy
Cosmo Manchester Terrier Mix
Beavis Maltese / Cairn Terrier Mix
? Jack Russel Terrier

We also had a really sad owner surrender by the name of Bo he's an English Bulldog. They called and asked us to take him, which of course we agreed figuring it would be an easy profit for us and a really easy place. When he came in he was so weak he couldn't stand, he had phenomena and was vomiting, couldn't keep anything down and had been that way for awhile... Thank goodness for the Illinois English Bulldog Rescue who stepped up in a heartbeat to come get him, this is a picture of him a few days later, he's been stuck at the vets completely hospitalized.
Bo

Owner Surrenders for cats, mother and 3 kittens
Zora Gray Kitten DLH
Blackberry Black Kitten DMH
Gretel Tabby Kitten DMH
Colie Patched Tabby DMH

Left on the back porch...
Amber Marble Tabby Kitten DSH
Ana Marble Tabby Kitten DSH
Chelsea Marble Tabby Kitten DSH

Also Yeti the other tiny kitten went into foster care, and by that I mean I took him home because I can't handle it when they die and I want him to live sad I felt so bad when I found his sister, wish I would have taken the two of them home before. Yeti is a fighter though, and a little spunk! I think he'll be able to return to the shelter in about a month or so.

Also Roz's adoption pending fell through :/ landlord said no more pets.

Needing bad to do a major photo shot with all the new kitties x.x

Invisible Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
I've been reading this thread for months now, and everytime i read a new post, I just can't help to think what a wonderful, caring, beautiful person you are. 3nodding I just wanted to tell you that. You. Are. Awesome! whee
Update!

Pictures!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image
Simba and Mufasa
I'm actually rather proud of a lot of the pictures lol I did a good portion of the kitties by myself this time and the two lab pups smile

Elsa; Bloodhound Mix
Was euthanized, parvo.
Ms Nooks_
I've been reading this thread for months now, and everytime i read a new post, I just can't help to think what a wonderful, caring, beautiful person you are. 3nodding I just wanted to tell you that. You. Are. Awesome! whee

This comment just really made my day, thank you! >w<
Update!

User Image and Dylan; Orange + White Tabby Kitten DSH and User Image
Have been adopted!!!

Got in three strays which have been relcaimed smile You all should get a kick outta the third one wink lol
Bolt; [Male Heeler Puppy]
Bandit; [Female Heeler Puppy]
Ed; [Male Potbelly Pig]
That's right we got in a pig! I only feel slightly guilty about the bacon jokes I made when before the pig was reclaimed. Apparently he had been missing for two days and they were just heartbroken, Ed also had a girlfriend that was missing him. One of the guys started crying he was so happy to have found Ed. I'm glad we were able to find his owners quickly we weren't even sure what the heck we were going to feed him! lol

We also got in two new kittens, Lyra is doing great, she's supper tiny but doesn't have any trouble eating or anything. Callie unfortunately came in too far gone sad she was limp when the guy walked in with her, dehydrated, starved, and I'm sure the heat elevated everything, she was taken out to the vet and euthanized.
Lyra; Gray Kitten DSH
Callie [Female Calico Kitten DSH]

Also got in a cat that's going to go up for farm home, litter box issues...
Cosmo; Orange + White Tabby DLH *Declawed*

Invisible Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
Where did you guys put the pig? haha! I'm sure the cats and dogs were like "O___o That's not one of us!"
Update!

Lots of changes;
User Image and User Image and User Image

Transfers
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image Rex Border Collie Mix Puppy Wishbone Jack Russel Terrier
Oh and Bentely was returned...again.. and he was also transferred. All dogs were transferred to the Nebraska Humane Society. Oh except Sadie and Kiki who went back to the rescue they came from.

New strays, we know who's dogs they are but can't get in contact to them and have reports that they basically don't care. We've been trying to get in contact with her so she can at least come sign the dogs over, we've got a rescue willing to take one.
Jynx; Golden Retreiver Mix
Jazzy; Catahoula Mix
Also found a kitten stuck in the tree outside the shelter:
Jagger; Tabby + White DSH

Yeti is also doing great, and has returned to the shelter smile
I have pictures of the adoptable but I'm being lazy so will do another update tomorrow with those xD

Euthanized for fear aggression.
Cosmo Manchester Terrier Mix
Update!

User Image
Was adopted!! I'm so happy for this senior gal smile

Got in a new stray, who has already gone home.
Ladybug [Female Black Lab Mix]

Have a few sad things to report too sad
The shelter is supper tight on funds, I'm not sure what's going to happen yet, but changes are coming...
Yogi; Yorkshire Terrier was euthanized. With his throwing up 3-4 times a day no matter what we did, it was decided that it was in his best interest. He was on special food, given out in small doses 3-4 times a day, with a raised feeder as per vet recomendation, but it really didn't help. We knew that he had this condition when he came in but they didn't make it sounds as bad as it was, and with the stomach acid wearing away at his throat for all those years, he had a lot of damage there.
User Image was also euthanized. She had been in and out of iso continuely getting uris no matter what we treated her with. She was also extremely messy in her room (that may not seem like a significant reason to euthanize an animal but hear me out. Messy room means constantly having to spend more time cleaning that room, it also means more resources used, having to change her water and food because she kicked litter everywhere. having to give her more litter, having to wash her bedding more often any anyone else's which also uses resources.)
User Image was euthanized. She was not doing well at the shelter, not eating much or using the litter box, and she HATED other cats, so when we had cats/kittens out for cleaning she would be trying to beat them up through her cage bars, even her own kittens at this point...
Roz has some of the same issues, but seems to switch her moods, so it's been an on and off debate at this point, not sure what decision will be made on her.

To end on a happier note! Here are the pictures I promised earlier.
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
Update!

I haven't done an update in a long while, and I'll be honest I've been avoiding it, it's just too depressing sad The shelter is simi-closed. It is now being run by appointment only and I have not been able to volunteer in a long while. More funds are just needed and the board doesn't know how to get them or how to manage the ones they have so they didn't end up with this problem in the first place. You may have noticed we transferred a lot of dogs in my last update, we knew this was coming, we've been desperately trying to get these animals to homes, rescues, and other shelters, and we did a pretty damn good job.

User Image and User Image and User Image and User Image and User Image and Cosmo; Orange + White Tabby DLH *Declawed*
Were all adopted!!

Transferred to the Animal Rescue League
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image Jagger; Tabby + White DSH User Image
Transferred to PNC Rescue
User Image
Transferred to Iowa Golden Retriever Rescue
Jynx; Golden Retriever Mix [3 legged]

Decisions had to be made, and they had to be made fast because we weren't sure what was going to happen. Some animals were deemed unadotable, we had to use a harsher standard then we normally do...

Euthanized:
User Image and User Image and Lyra; Gray Kitten DSH and Jazzy; Catahoula Mix and User Image
Gretel - One morning when staff came in and did cleaning something was just wrong with her, very wrong. She was covered in feces and just reeked of sickness. This was a very hard one for me, I was rather attached to that temperamental little fluff ball sad
Roz - We had been off and on about her for a while, she was sort of er special? She liked some people didn't like others, liked cats one second and didn't like them the next.
Lyra - She had been being treated for a URI for a while and it just wasn't getting better, and well we ran out of time sad
Jazzy - Escaped from everything! Including the indoor kennels...
Bandit - Was mildly dog aggressive from the beginning but we think he was starting to go stir crazy and that really amped it all for him, he really started to go after the other dogs.

New dogs (because even though the shelter doesn't have regular hours the police can still bring in strays and of course people can still dump dogs in the pins...)
-Reclaimed
Nala; Female Dachshund
Buddy; Male Labrador Retriever (don't mind the gruesome little wound on his face, apparently he had just recently had surgery to remove a cyst!)
-Stray Hold
Cody; Male Husky [Tripod]
Jessi; Female Border Collie (Was left in our pins overnight... )
Cinnamon; Female Rat Terrier
Update!

Cody; Male Husky [Tripod]
Has gone home! Apparently his owner has been missing him for about 6 months.
Jessi; Female Border Collie
Jessi has been transferred to Midwest Border Collie Rescue smile

Magical Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
So many kitties! I wish I could come take one home with me. emotion_kirakira It's so awesome you do this!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff