Welcome to Gaia! ::

From Today's Agility Run through...

So got there early and of course took forever to set up and my friend and I kinda missed the walk through *whoops* So we had no idea what the course was and got so confused and yeah wasn't pretty... Oh and worst part I left my cappuccino from QT in the car! *oh the horror* I was dead set on drinking it, but I couldn't cuz my mom left crying

Anywho we ended up doing just two runs today!

Our first one... well that was a flop. As I said we didn't walk the course so was kinda just playing it by ear and haha yeah. Abby was absolutely nuts! She started off running in circles then takes off and jumps the gate -_- Then she jumps back over and comes straight to me and sits and we did a couple more obstacles and then called it quits. So we didn't finish the course. However even though she took off I was happy with the run because at least she listened and came right back when I called her. Also talked with my instructor after the run and a lot of her running off and sniffing and such was caused by ring stress and I could tell from the beginning because she was a bit growly with other dogs and scratching and just acting a bit stressed. So I wasn't at all surprised by her behavior. New place, new dogs, new smell etc.

2nd run was sooooo much better. We were able to finish the course and she was freaking awesome! And best part I got to walk it! haha. She did her A-frame, the chute, the weaves though her weaves epically failed and the table. She was clearly a lot less stressed and I was super happy I brought her. She was awesomeful and got lots of cookies at the end.

And Twister. Well he barked a lot... He got better towards the end and became BFF's with my friend molly. At the end he was just like "ahh I love you feed me cookies now" I got him out of his crate a few times and we worked on sits and tugging and he was good except when other dogs barked and when he saw other dogs. Both times he would bark. But hopefully with time he'll get better. And again towards the end he did a lot better and we did a little LAT stuff and he was such a good lil man.

So next weekend we have a trial! Wish us luck!

I has pics(didn't take many though) and videos of our runs! Most my pics are of Twister cuz I had to keep abby crated and covered because she was being a bit stressy and nuts when other dogs walked past. But yeah I have her first run on my camera and I think my friend has the second one on hers...

Anywho pics!
crate Set up
User Image

My friends pupper Shiloh being such a good girlie
User Image

User Image

daw
User Image

User Image

User Image

Tug Tug Tug
User Image

Twister says Molly is his new BFF
User Image

The Road Home
User Image

User Image

Wish you could see her eyes instead of that icky rust
User Image

User Image

(see that bald patch? that's what happens when she wears a collar)
User Image

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Good luck in your trial ~ I’ve seen agility stuff before on tv and it looks like a lot of fun for dogs.
Tsuki_Kirkland
Good luck in your trial ~ I’ve seen agility stuff before on tv and it looks like a lot of fun for dogs.

Thanks smile

Agility = the best sport ever! The dogs love it and so do us humans lol

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Animelover955
Tsuki_Kirkland

Thanks smile

Agility = the best sport ever! The dogs love it and so do us humans lol

You’re welcome. Ah well that’s good that there is an activity that both dogs and humans can enjoy that works the brain.

Devoted Inquisitor

Go Abby! She'll just keep getting better, right?

Tsuki_Kirkland

You’re welcome. Ah well that’s good that there is an activity that both dogs and humans can enjoy that works the brain.

Pretty much all dog sports are fun for both parties, lol. No one would do them if they hated them.
Latrans
Go Abby! She'll just keep getting better, right?

Of Course. me on the hand that's a whole nother story lol...

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Payton did the zoomies on our first game during our trial too... I think they just go "Oh my gosh, the equipment's here in this new place and it's gunna be SOOOO fun!" and forget to, you know, actually do it... Glad she settled down after the first one though! There's a woman we train with who's little doxie is AMAZING in practice [though her owner isn't the most coordinated], but explores throughout the entire trial. Apparently she's thinking about trying to have me or the trainer run her through the next competition to see if someone more coordinated will help her dog focus more... I'm going to try and talk her into coming with me and Payton to some crazy places to practice!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff