Welcome to Gaia! ::

grey eyed gypsy
Morphine Kiss
Fun Rat Fact:
Rats are routinely worshipped and fed in the Karni Devi, a temple completely devoted to them. These thousands of wild rats never gave any of their worshippers infected Bubonic fleas even during the plague years - scientists suspect this is because being territorial they kept invading rats (and their fleas) out of the area.

I heard about that, that sounds really cool. Did you know that rats laugh when being tickled, I'll have to find that video, is it bad of me to tickle torture my rats.

According to the internet they have a laugh that can't be heard by humans, but, I've personally heard my rats laugh (and I feel like it's at me everytime haha)

But I haven't tickled my rats before. =3 Is it a video of your rats?

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
Morphine Kiss
grey eyed gypsy
Morphine Kiss
Fun Rat Fact:
Rats are routinely worshipped and fed in the Karni Devi, a temple completely devoted to them. These thousands of wild rats never gave any of their worshippers infected Bubonic fleas even during the plague years - scientists suspect this is because being territorial they kept invading rats (and their fleas) out of the area.

I heard about that, that sounds really cool. Did you know that rats laugh when being tickled, I'll have to find that video, is it bad of me to tickle torture my rats.

According to the internet they have a laugh that can't be heard by humans, but, I've personally heard my rats laugh (and I feel like it's at me everytime haha)

No, its not, its just a video of a scientist tickling a rat. I'll have to video that, though, and them all over the macaw cages. They are such cuties.
grey eyed gypsy
Morphine Kiss
grey eyed gypsy
Morphine Kiss
Fun Rat Fact:

No, its not, its just a video of a scientist tickling a rat. I'll have to video that, though, and them all over the macaw cages. They are such cuties.

Ohh, okay!
That would be rad, if you find it I will put a link to it on the front page!

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
Morphine Kiss
grey eyed gypsy
Morphine Kiss
grey eyed gypsy
Morphine Kiss
Fun Rat Fact:

Ohh, okay!
That would be rad, if you find it I will put a link to it on the front page!

Found it!

Rats laugh
grey eyed gypsy

Found it!

Rats laugh

Awww, that's too cute. I love how they started to follow his hand too!
Morphine Kiss
grey eyed gypsy

Found it!

Rats laugh

Awww, that's too cute. I love how they started to follow his hand too!
That's always been one of my favorite rat videos!

Anxious Sex Symbol

12,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Gaian 50
I appreciate rat pie.

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
So I just found out, I'm allergic to my rats. I've been taking my rats out everyday for the past year and a half, no problem but yesterday I pulled them out to let them run around in the macaw aviary. I left them for a minute because my neck was itchy and I have broken out into hives. I didn't think much of it, but it got worse as I played with them. I took some allergy meds and it went away.

Today when I got home from school, I grabbed them again for some snuggle and homework time, and the hives appeared again.

So far its just hives and itchyness, and, as long as its nothing serious, I will continue to handle them all the time. If it becomes something serious then I will only be able to love them from afar, but I can't see that happening. Either way, I'm keeping my rats around, I couldn't bare to give them up.But, this may be just the excuse my brother has been waiting for to get his hairless rats.
Ammit the Devourer
I appreciate rat pie.

I bet you do smile
grey eyed gypsy
So I just found out, I'm allergic to my rats. I've been taking my rats out everyday for the past year and a half, no problem but yesterday I pulled them out to let them run around in the macaw aviary. I left them for a minute because my neck was itchy and I have broken out into hives. I didn't think much of it, but it got worse as I played with them. I took some allergy meds and it went away.

Today when I got home from school, I grabbed them again for some snuggle and homework time, and the hives appeared again.

So far its just hives and itchyness, and, as long as its nothing serious, I will continue to handle them all the time. If it becomes something serious then I will only be able to love them from afar, but I can't see that happening. Either way, I'm keeping my rats around, I couldn't bare to give them up.But, this may be just the excuse my brother has been waiting for to get his hairless rats.

Oh wow D:
I would just die if I found out I was allergic to my pets. I already take Clariton and what not so I can be around my cats/dogs.
You could try giving them a bath and seeing if you're still allergic afterwards. Maybe they got into something? Somehow. lol.

Anxious Sex Symbol

12,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Gaian 50
Morphine Kiss
Ammit the Devourer
I appreciate rat pie.

I bet you do smile

I appreciate your body more though.

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
Morphine Kiss
grey eyed gypsy

Oh wow D:
I would just die if I found out I was allergic to my pets. I already take Clariton and what not so I can be around my cats/dogs.
You could try giving them a bath and seeing if you're still allergic afterwards. Maybe they got into something? Somehow. lol.

Maybe, I was sad for a bit, but I realized that it really won't change anything because there is nothing I wouldn't do to keep my babies around. They like baths so I'll try that, good idea. Oh well, what will be will be
Ammit the Devourer
Morphine Kiss
Ammit the Devourer
I appreciate rat pie.

I bet you do smile

You're such a creeper, lol.
You need to get a pet rat. They're better than boys.

Anxious Sex Symbol

12,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Gaian 50
Morphine Kiss
Ammit the Devourer
Morphine Kiss
Ammit the Devourer
I appreciate rat pie.

I bet you do smile

You're such a creeper, lol.
You need to get a pet rat. They're better than boys.

I think girls are better than boys. I don't do rats. I don't like cleaning the cages or the smell and I don't have anywhere to put one. Plus I have 10000 cats that would torment it.
grey eyed gypsy
Morphine Kiss
grey eyed gypsy

Oh wow D:

Maybe, I was sad for a bit, but I realized that it really won't change anything because there is nothing I wouldn't do to keep my babies around. They like baths so I'll try that, good idea. Oh well, what will be will be

Sort of reminds me of when I first found out I was allergic to eggs, but kept eating things with eggs in them. Like cake and stuff. But then I wasn't able too D: My body hated it more and more each time.

But there's a lot of fixes for pets you're allergic to unlike with food. xD
I mean if it came down to it, even try wearing gloves! =3
I know science has come a long way with pet allergies. So even a doctor could probably give you some good ideas. =3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff