Irska
Eisefin
Morphine Kiss
"You have 5 new notifications!"
Joey tipped my front page posts >.>
Not that i'm not flattered but, gets my hopes up, then dashes them expertly. =/

Notification of love~
emotion_kirakira

Is there a way to turn off notifications for tips? Mine usually gets flooded with tips and I miss the quotes.

Yesss, just untick the box. o;

Thaaaank you~
I never know where to look for that stuff, haha.

And I am sorry for your loss. sad
I just read up and saw your situation about your fur-babe.

Charitable Millionaire

Eisefin
Thaaaank you~
I never know where to look for that stuff, haha.

And I am sorry for your loss. sad
I just read up and saw your situation about your fur-babe.

You're quite welcome.
I actually didn't know until rather recently either. d:

Anyway I'm feeling slightly better about it, I just wish I could have done it before the cyst ruptured.
It was like I put her in unnecessary pain which was what was really getting to me. ;c
It also was quite a bit slower than the website said it would, which was understandable considering what she was in didn't have great airflow..
But I'd keep going to look at her to see if she had passed on yet and I'd end up crying because she hadn't. D;
It was for the best though, so I'm glad I was able to at least do that for her.

Charitable Millionaire

User Image

Today is cage cleaning day at my place, well yesterday was as well but it was the smaller cages. c:
I'm not much of a fan of cleaning cages, especially the Ferret nation but it has to be done. o;
I think I'll start doing the bigger cages on Sunday's and the smaller cages on Wednesday's..
Then the miscellaneous other pet cages on Friday's or something. Lots of cleaning to do. emotion_donotwant

Yesterday my one rat escaped while I was cleaning their cage, little butthead.
Then he was like 'lol, hurdur. You can't get me, I'm hiding under the big cages with all the spiders.' talk2hand

I did finally get him but I was stuck waiting for 10 minutes for him to come close enough to grab. l:

Greedy Receiver

Irska
User Image

Today is cage cleaning day at my place, well yesterday was as well but it was the smaller cages. c:
I'm not much of a fan of cleaning cages, especially the Ferret nation but it has to be done. o;
I think I'll start doing the bigger cages on Sunday's and the smaller cages on Wednesday's..
Then the miscellaneous other pet cages on Friday's or something. Lots of cleaning to do. emotion_donotwant

Yesterday my one rat escaped while I was cleaning their cage, little butthead.
Then he was like 'lol, hurdur. You can't get me, I'm hiding under the big cages with all the spiders.' talk2hand

I did finally get him but I was stuck waiting for 10 minutes for him to come close enough to grab. l:

Do any of your rats have an insatiable appetite for any treats? If your rats are little boogers that run and don’t come to their names, there’s always baiting them out with tasty things. My rats will do anything they can to get their teeth into some raw venison. lol

Charitable Millionaire

Eisefin
Do any of your rats have an insatiable appetite for any treats? If your rats are little boogers that run and don’t come to their names, there’s always baiting them out with tasty things. My rats will do anything they can to get their teeth into some raw venison. lol

He's the only one who tries to get away, I actually got him as a pity buy. Long story short, they were selling him for $2.99 and I think his old owners just didn't want him anymore.
He definitely wasn't part of their stock considering even when they had 8 month old rats, they were still being sold for $14.99 or more.

Anyhow I'm sure I'll find something he'd absolutely adore eating, I'll just test out some things I suppose. d:

Junior Gaian

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
So. As you guys know, I buy human-snackie foods for my rats (seeds, fruits, granola's, etc)

...I had a bad habit of sneaking bites when I feed them. OTL;
Granola is so good though ; A ;

But yea.
Sundays are my cage cleaning days o 3o

But also: I need to get my rats used to water, so I can bathe them o.O
Any tips?

Aged Hunter

I have this in my own thread, but thought I'd share here too.

New ratty cage of goodness mrgreen
User Image
It's a bird cage, got Louie a new bigger cage and they got a new bigger cage.
So guys guess who's officially opening a rattery? I'm so excited!!
Bought a new cage for the boys today!!! It's a ferret nation double, and they seem pretty thrilled c: It's not really anymore square feet than their last cage, but it's wider and has more floor room, which for the lazy ole boys seems like a perfect set up. And now I shall spam you with pictures~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also in case anyone is wondering the ferret nation double is 36"L x 24"W x 48"H not including the bottom stand/storage area. So it can fit 7 males or 9 females c: Although of course for females it would need to be wrapped in wire or something similar, because the bar spacing is 1"

Greedy Receiver

hiysinphlay

Ooooooohhhhhh?
smile
Eisefin
hiysinphlay

Ooooooohhhhhh?
smile

=DDD So excited! It's me and my girlfriend, we figure we are going to offer not only healthy pet rats but also healthy feeder rats. That will probably be out big market out here, but we will offer both. The pet shop Morphine is manager at also buys rats from people sometimes, they'd be supper cheap doing that, but they'd go to homes there. c: We also going to scoop out any other pet stores and see if we approve of them enough to sell them rats.

Even made an fb page for it already and joined a bunch of swap shops in the area. And once we actually start breeding I'm going to see if we can get put on the list of breeders by state on the rat fan club c:

We're starting off small, going to be breeding 2 females at a time. We only have 5 females that are breeding age atm and 4 of those will only be able to have one litter before being retired. And we have 2 males we want to use for breeding, and are picking up a hairless boy today, to make 3 =D (have more males just not more we want to breed)
Hey everyone! I'm supper excited, we got our new little naked ratty today xD he's a hairless and I'm not a fan but he's still a rat and thus to me cute. Adolf

And because we are bleeding hearts we came home with 3 little mice too xD Mostly we wanted to get a female who had been a previous breeder and is supper over weight, she's also got a small mammary tumor on her. Anyway we wanted her to live out the last few months of her life in comfort rather than a snake's belly. I understand the circle of life, but with breeders I just feel extra bad, I feel like they eared their keep and should be able to live in comfort dang it! lol. Well because we couldn't just get one, shosho picked out a pair of adorable boys. Click, Click, Click
The fawn and white is Bellatrix, the blue merel is Merlin, and the other is Gandalf.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
Sorry to just jump in here, but I have some questions about rats that I'm not really sure about due to conflicting information that was given to me.

1) Is cheese dangerous to rats? It says about it on the front page...is that just blue cheese? I heard that rats are lactose intolerant, I forget where I heard this, but is it actually worse for them than that?

2) At the moment I have four boys living in two different cages; two are grown ups, two are eleven weeks old. I've been concerned about introducing them because one of the older boys is fairly aggressive, do I need to get him neutered? I know the babies are too small to meet the older boys yet, but I got told that you can never keep more than two or three boys together.

Sorry for the questions sweatdrop

Charitable Millionaire

Animals_hate_me
Sorry to just jump in here, but I have some questions about rats that I'm not really sure about due to conflicting information that was given to me.

1) Is cheese dangerous to rats? It says about it on the front page...is that just blue cheese? I heard that rats are lactose intolerant, I forget where I heard this, but is it actually worse for them than that?

2) At the moment I have four boys living in two different cages; two are grown ups, two are eleven weeks old. I've been concerned about introducing them because one of the older boys is fairly aggressive, do I need to get him neutered? I know the babies are too small to meet the older boys yet, but I got told that you can never keep more than two or three boys together.

Sorry for the questions sweatdrop

I can't answer your first question because I personally won't give it due to being afraid of it actually.

But for your second, you may want to consider getting him neutered if he is fairly aggressive all the time.
I'd wait till the babies were 4-6 months to introduce them as well, considering if he does decide to bite; it shouldn't kill them.
Not that he will but it's always a possibility with more aggressive rats.
I have 8 male rats in one cage, 6 in another and 4 in another, you can definitely keep more than 2 or 3 boys in a cage if the cage is big enough. d:

Charitable Millionaire

hiysinphlay
Hey everyone! I'm supper excited, we got our new little naked ratty today xD he's a hairless and I'm not a fan but he's still a rat and thus to me cute. Adolf

And because we are bleeding hearts we came home with 3 little mice too xD Mostly we wanted to get a female who had been a previous breeder and is supper over weight, she's also got a small mammary tumor on her. Anyway we wanted her to live out the last few months of her life in comfort rather than a snake's belly. I understand the circle of life, but with breeders I just feel extra bad, I feel like they eared their keep and should be able to live in comfort dang it! lol. Well because we couldn't just get one, shosho picked out a pair of adorable boys. Click, Click, Click
The fawn and white is Bellatrix, the blue merel is Merlin, and the other is Gandalf.

Omg, those mice. If mice were that damn cute here, I'd probably actually want them. o;
We just have the standard white and black ones and they're feeders if anything. talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff